Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

The perfect saddle!

Started by ::dom:: · · Last activity · 83 posts · 16,378 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
28 April 2004
Last activity
27 March 2005
Original author
::dom::
Posts
83
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
16,378
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 81–83 of 83
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. lokstah said:

    Hey, cool!

    Scott, in your occasional brushes with these guys, have you spent any time on Rivendells--cruising around the block, or what not?

    The guy with the Atlantis frame in there is my buddy JB. One time on a ride with him we switched bikes - he always uses SPDs, I had SPDs on my Merckx which I was riding so we just traded for about 10 miles. He has the classic Riv build-up with a Brooks saddle, very high bars, and barcon friction shifters. It was fun and I could certainly see how it would be a comfortable way to ride long long miles with panniers and fenders over smooth roads and gravel. I tried to sprint on it once but it didn't work! Anyway that's the only time I've actually ridden a Riv bike, but a LOT of people around here have them. I see Rivs on the trail, commuting, pulling trailers and trailercycles, on Mt. Diablo, and on centuries. One guy I used to see a lot did Paris-Brest-Paris on his Riv and he had no trouble keeping up with me in the Marin Century last year - not quite as fast but he didn't bother with rest stops.

    A couple weeks ago Grant was at the Junction and another guy recognized him and started talking his ear off about how great he was and how he bought his book (Roads to Ride) about 15 years ago and Grant was a retro grouch hero, blah blah blah, brown nose. Grant's a quiet guy and he politely listened but you could tell he wanted to get out of there and finish his ride.

    Wednesday night rides start in two weeks Lokstah - come on over and see for yourself! Or any Saturday morning.

  2. Specialized Alias 143. My Cannondale came with a fizik and i HATED it. I loooooove my specialized.

  3. The Selle Royal Viper is a really comfy seat for me. No need to wear bike shorts with padding for this seat. This is the seat that comes stock on 2004 Giant OCR bikes and the Cannondale R600 or R500.

    I even bought two more of these seats on ebay for $2.50 each - comes to $6.50 each after shipping!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.