The Perfect Training Aid

NineStoneCowboy

Mar 5, 2007
If you could have the perfect power training cycle computer, what features would you like it to have. Also what additional training informatoin would it measure and display?

NineStoneCowboy said:
If you could have the perfect power training cycle computer, what features would you like it to have. Also what additional training informatoin would it measure and display?
I would like it to have power and I would like it to actually work. - TF

NineStoneCowboy said:

This list might seem a little long but I consider each one essential for a powermeter

1. Accurate power reading
  2. Repeatability - i.e always accurate
  3. Wireless set up (I hate wires and my bike has internal cable routing so nowhere to put the wires)
  4. Good battery life
  5. Easy to use computer interface - one screen for current or average power, time actual or interval, speed, and average speed or power indicator (ie you set a power output you wish to maintain and the indicator tells you whether your average is higher or lower)
  6. Not too expensive - Ideally $500ish
  7. Be easy to setup
  8. Handlebar mount suitable for standard and oversized handlebars as well as stem mount
  9. Coded heart rate monitor
  10. Wireless cadence
  11. Finally - the computer should either be totally cool to look at (without any question of a doubt) or it should blend in to the bike and not stand out

NineStoneCowboy said:
Thats a easy one. Garmin edge 305 with propper sat-nav, colour screen, Power reading oh and a longer battery life and tones of memory.

Olie said:
Thats a easy one. Garmin edge 305 with propper sat-nav, colour screen, Power reading oh and a longer battery life and tones of memory.
Copy that ! and Copy again!

Also:
Wind speed
Yaw angle
Baro Press
Temp

(Think formula one DAQ box)

Dave