UK and Europe · Public discussion

The Poor Student 2007

Started by MSeries · · Last activity · 30 posts · 979 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
30 October 2006
Last activity
31 October 2006
Original author
MSeries
Posts
30
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
979
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–30 of 30
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. MSeries said:
    MartinM said:


    I assume all 200's after Jan 1st will be BRM's; have just shelled out
    £8 (which will be reclaimed at the first food stop) for El Supremo's
    Well Fed; the Marlborough Connection still appeals as a means of
    getting out of the South at least once over the winter.

    Consider one of the Peak Audax Cheshire rides, easy routes, good route
    sheets. I'll be doing most of them. (That might be a reason not to do
    one ;-) !!!)

    That's Oop North, that is! Too far to travel for a 200, but I shall very
    likely be tempted into Northern Parts for the odd 4- or 600, coz I'll
    probably be fed up with Sussex by then ;-)

    --
    Dave Larrington
    <http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk>
    Dead pigs make perfect, if heavy, earrings.

  2. Dave Larrington said:

    That's Oop North, that is! Too far to travel for a 200, but I shall very
    likely be tempted into Northern Parts for the odd 4- or 600, coz I'll
    probably be fed up with Sussex by then ;-)

    should be plenty of Southern 4's and 6's without venturing north of
    Watford; including the odd East Anglian pancake flat 6; and the rather
    less so Albion / PBstim which goes to the Cotswolds.

  3. MartinM said:

    should be plenty of Southern 4's and 6's without venturing north of
    Watford; including the odd East Anglian pancake flat 6; and the
    rather less so Albion / PBstim which goes to the Cotswolds.

    True, and in 2003 there was a even 600 starting from Waltham Abbey, which
    would make it the second-nearest-to-Larrington-Towers Audax start in the
    history of all things ever.

    However, I wouldn't mind doing the Spurn Head and/or 3 Coasts again, and
    iffen the rumours of the resurrection of the Daylight 600 are true...

    --
    Dave Larrington
    <http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk>
    The Real Slim Shady's gone to play tennis.

  4. Dave Larrington said:


    However, I wouldn't mind doing the Spurn Head and/or 3 Coasts again, and
    iffen the rumours of the resurrection of the Daylight 600 are true...

    The Old 240 is being run as well as the Spurn Head. Meant to be an epic
    but was withdrawn becuase some considered it too hard. The Daylight 600
    is going to be on my list if it is on the list.

    I feel I ought to venture darn sarth next year.

  5. MSeries said:

    The Old 240 is being run as well as the Spurn Head. Meant to be an
    epic but was withdrawn becuase some considered it too hard.

    (Googles. Find lots of links to poxy old Volvos)

    (Googles harder)

    <URL:http://www.geocities.com/halifax_ctc/WestYorkshireSR/west_yorkshire_____super__randon_TO240_ROUTE.htm>

    Yoicks!

    (Arranges prior engagement)

    --
    Dave Larrington
    <http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk>
    Although the hippopotamus hath no sting in its tail, the wise
    man would rather be seated upon the back of a bee.

  6. Dave Larrington said:
    MSeries said:

    The Old 240 is being run as well as the Spurn Head. Meant to be an
    epic but was withdrawn becuase some considered it too hard.

    (Googles. Find lots of links to poxy old Volvos)

    (Googles harder)

    <URL:http://www.geocities.com/halifax_ctc/WestYorkshireSR/west_yorkshire_____super__randon_TO240_ROUTE.htm>

    Yoicks!

    (Arranges prior engagement)

    Your reaction is not unexpected sir ! I might do it, depends on how
    well I am going next year.

  7. Dave Larrington said:
    MartinM said:

    should be plenty of Southern 4's and 6's without venturing north of
    Watford; including the odd East Anglian pancake flat 6; and the
    rather less so Albion / PBstim which goes to the Cotswolds.

    True, and in 2003 there was a even 600 starting from Waltham Abbey, which
    would make it the second-nearest-to-Larrington-Towers Audax start in the
    history of all things ever.

    However, I wouldn't mind doing the Spurn Head and/or 3 Coasts again, and
    iffen the rumours of the resurrection of the Daylight 600 are true...

    and the similarity between the North of Watford and Brittany is?....

    Scenery is Soooooo 2006 ;-)
    (except for the BC and Denmead 400)

  8. MSeries said:

    Your reaction is not unexpected sir ! I might do it, depends on how
    well I am going next year.

    I've ridden up Alston High Street before. Once in the rain. 'orrible.

    Mind you, riding /down/ Alston High Street is almost as bad.

    --
    Dave Larrington
    <http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk>
    Trees, once grown in large numbers, make perfect forests.

  9. MartinM said:

    and the similarity between the North of Watford and Brittany is?....

    The Spurn Head has only 2.4 hills in 290 km, it's the last 65 which did the
    damage..

    Quoted message said:

    Scenery is Soooooo 2006 ;-)
    (except for the BC and Denmead 400)

    2006? 2005[1], more like!

    1 - 3 whole scenery points for me!

    --
    Dave Larrington
    <http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk>
    Trees, once grown in large numbers, make perfect forests.

  10. Dave Larrington said:
    Quoted message said:

    Scenery is Soooooo 2006 ;-)
    (except for the BC and Denmead 400)

    2006? 2005[1], more like!

    1 - 3 whole scenery points for me!

    you could always become the first 3 wheeled Brevet des Grimpeurs du Sud
    ;-)
    (which is not going to include the Winter Corker as it is before the
    official launch)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.