The Poor Student 2007

MSeries

Guest
Who's contemplating this then ? MSeries might make an appearance if
cheap accommodation can be found.

MSeries wrote:
> Who's contemplating this then ? MSeries might make an appearance if
> cheap accommodation can be found.

Yup (haven't sent off the entry form yet). Haven't looked into B&Bs
yet.

-Alex

MSeries wrote:
> Who's contemplating this then ? MSeries might make an appearance if
> cheap accommodation can be found.

Me for deffo...

--
Dave Larrington
Like Kant, it is my wish to create my own individual

On 30 Oct 2006 02:36:16 -0800, "MSeries" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Who's contemplating this then ? MSeries might make an appearance if
>cheap accommodation can be found.

I was contemplating it, but this seems a reasonable place to ask the
question currently between the ears - is the South Bucks Winter Warmer
on Dec 3 [I see it's designated as a PRM] a PBP qualifier?

Garry

"Garry Broad" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 30 Oct 2006 02:36:16 -0800, "MSeries" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>Who's contemplating this then ? MSeries might make an appearance if
>>cheap accommodation can be found.

> I was contemplating it, but this seems a reasonable place to ask the
> question currently between the ears - is the South Bucks Winter Warmer
> on Dec 3 [I see it's designated as a PRM] a PBP qualifier?

If yellow shading on the Audax online calender means a PBP eligible ride
then the answer is yes.

-=V=-

as in -=V=-ery relieved to be not caught up in the PBP preparations....

vernon wrote:
> "Garry Broad" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On 30 Oct 2006 02:36:16 -0800, "MSeries" <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Who's contemplating this then ? MSeries might make an appearance if
> >>cheap accommodation can be found.

> > I was contemplating it, but this seems a reasonable place to ask the
> > question currently between the ears - is the South Bucks Winter Warmer
> > on Dec 3 [I see it's designated as a PRM] a PBP qualifier?
> >

> If yellow shading on the Audax online calender means a PBP eligible ride
> then the answer is yes.

The BRM designation is sufficient.

> -=V=-
>
> as in -=V=-ery relieved to be not caught up in the PBP preparations....

Nor me, however I have sentenced myself to RRTY.

Also doing the South Bucks Winter Warmer...

-Alex

Garry Broad wrote:
> On 30 Oct 2006 02:36:16 -0800, "MSeries" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> Who's contemplating this then ? MSeries might make an appearance if
>> cheap accommodation can be found.

> I was contemplating it, but this seems a reasonable place to ask the
> question currently between the ears - is the South Bucks Winter Warmer
> on Dec 3 [I see it's designated as a PRM] a PBP qualifier?

It's designated BRM, but AFAIK the window for the 200 qualifiers for The
French Ride is January 1st - April 22nd.

--
Dave Larrington
Murdock's Gardening Law: If it's green, the paving isn't

Alex wrote:
> vernon wrote:
> > "Garry Broad" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > I was contemplating it, but this seems a reasonable place to ask the
> > > question currently between the ears - is the South Bucks Winter Warmer
> > > on Dec 3 [I see it's designated as a PRM] a PBP qualifier?
> > >

> > If yellow shading on the Audax online calender means a PBP eligible ride
> > then the answer is yes.

> The BRM designation is sufficient.

Except when I don't read the details properly...

>From the AUK website:-

....events must be completed ... during the first half of 2007:-

The following dates are provisional
Specifically, in the UK, a 200 by April 22
A 300 from April 7 to May 20
A 400 from April 28 to June 3
A 600 from May 17 to June 19

So I'm not sure if a Nov or Dec 200 will be good enough. To be safe I'd
make sure you complete another BRM 200 before 22nd April.

-Alex

> Garry Broad wrote:
>> On 30 Oct 2006 02:36:16 -0800, "MSeries" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Who's contemplating this then ? MSeries might make an appearance if
>>> cheap accommodation can be found.

>> I was contemplating it, but this seems a reasonable place to ask the
>> question currently between the ears - is the South Bucks Winter Warmer
>> on Dec 3 [I see it's designated as a PRM] a PBP qualifier?

> It's designated BRM, but AFAIK the window for the 200 qualifiers for The
> French Ride is January 1st - April 22nd.

There's no indication of a starting date on the AUK website. It states that
a 200 has to be ridden by 22 April.

I might be able to cope with that level of challenge but no more :)

-=V=-

On 30 Oct 2006 05:29:06 -0800, "Alex" <[email protected]> wrote:

>>From the AUK website:-

>...events must be completed ... during the first half of 2007:-
>
>The following dates are provisional
>Specifically, in the UK, a 200 by April 22

This is what was confusing me....the yellow shading on the calendar,
the season dates, and the above...

>A 300 from April 7 to May 20
>A 400 from April 28 to June 3
>A 600 from May 17 to June 19

>So I'm not sure if a Nov or Dec 200 will be good enough. To be safe I'd
>make sure you complete another BRM 200 before 22nd April.

Sure. Guess, I could always check with those at the top :)

Ta to all.

Garry

Garry Broad wrote:
> On 30 Oct 2006 05:29:06 -0800, "Alex" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >>From the AUK website:-

> >...events must be completed ... during the first half of 2007:-
> >
> >The following dates are provisional
> >Specifically, in the UK, a 200 by April 22

> This is what was confusing me....the yellow shading on the calendar,
> the season dates, and the above...
>
> >A 300 from April 7 to May 20
> >A 400 from April 28 to June 3
> >A 600 from May 17 to June 19

> >So I'm not sure if a Nov or Dec 200 will be good enough. To be safe I'd
> >make sure you complete another BRM 200 before 22nd April.

> Sure. Guess, I could always check with those at the top :)

Worth joinging the semi-official mailing list and asking there...

-Alex

vernon wrote:

> There's no indication of a starting date on the AUK website. It
> states that a 200 has to be ridden by 22 April.

I think it came up on the AUK mailing list recently that AUK members could
ride their qualifying 200 from January 1st although the "official" start
date is February 24th. IIRC qualification dates are different for the
Hemispherically Different as well...

--
Dave Larrington
They came for Dani Behr; I said: "she's over there, behind the

MSeries wrote:
> Who's contemplating this then ? MSeries might make an appearance if
> cheap accommodation can be found.

Yes, probably. There's always Oxford YH.

--
Dave...

dkahn400 wrote:
> MSeries wrote:
> > Who's contemplating this then ? MSeries might make an appearance if
> > cheap accommodation can be found.

unlikely , have told El Supremo I'll do his the week after (as it's
from Midhurst which is much nearer to me than Oxford which is as much
of a rail desert on a Sunday early a.m. as Midhurst) plus Dave's is a
Saturday which gives me the chance to spend Sunday de-skog(tm) ing my
winter wheels. The PS was supremely bleak but a good ride. If
circumstances conspire I may change plans though.

Just noticed; not only is there a general price hike (and not
necessarily BRM related) for entry fees but they want us to spend £4
for an advance calendar; have they taken a leaf out of rttc's book?
ITWSBT

MSeries wrote:
> Who's contemplating this then ? MSeries might make an appearance if
> cheap accommodation can be found.

Sounds like a plan. I'll think about getting an entry form off soon,
then I can chalk off the first part of my SRM nice and early.

Simon

Dave Larrington wrote:
> vernon wrote:
>
> > There's no indication of a starting date on the AUK website. It
> > states that a 200 has to be ridden by 22 April.

> I think it came up on the AUK mailing list recently that AUK members could
> ride their qualifying 200 from January 1st although the "official" start
> date is February 24th. IIRC qualification dates are different for the
> Hemispherically Different as well...

I assume all 200's after Jan 1st will be BRM's; have just shelled out
£8 (which will be reclaimed at the first food stop) for El Supremo's
Well Fed; the Marlborough Connection still appeals as a means of
getting out of the South at least once over the winter.

dkahn400 wrote:

> MSeries wrote:
> > Who's contemplating this then ? MSeries might make an appearance if
> > cheap accommodation can be found.

> Yes, probably. There's always Oxford YH.
>
> --
> Dave...

Is the start near to the YH ?

MSeries wrote:

> Is the start near to the YH ?

near enough, the YH is by the station, the start is about 5km N on the
A40/A34 junction.

MartinM wrote:

> I assume all 200's after Jan 1st will be BRM's; have just shelled out
> £8 (which will be reclaimed at the first food stop) for El Supremo's
> Well Fed; the Marlborough Connection still appeals as a means of
> getting out of the South at least once over the winter.

Consider one of the Peak Audax Cheshire rides, easy routes, good route
sheets. I'll be doing most of them. (That might be a reason not to do
one ;-) !!!)

MSeries wrote:
> MartinM wrote:
>

> > I assume all 200's after Jan 1st will be BRM's; have just shelled out
> > £8 (which will be reclaimed at the first food stop) for El Supremo's
> > Well Fed; the Marlborough Connection still appeals as a means of
> > getting out of the South at least once over the winter.

> Consider one of the Peak Audax Cheshire rides, easy routes, good route
> sheets. I'll be doing most of them. (That might be a reason not to do

don't think so; the furthest I intend to travel next year (other than
Paris) is Chepstow for the Bryan Chapman.