The Poor Student 2007

MSeries wrote:
> MartinM wrote:
>

>> I assume all 200's after Jan 1st will be BRM's; have just shelled out
>> £8 (which will be reclaimed at the first food stop) for El Supremo's
>> Well Fed; the Marlborough Connection still appeals as a means of
>> getting out of the South at least once over the winter.

> Consider one of the Peak Audax Cheshire rides, easy routes, good route
> sheets. I'll be doing most of them. (That might be a reason not to do
> one ;-) !!!)

That's Oop North, that is! Too far to travel for a 200, but I shall very
likely be tempted into Northern Parts for the odd 4- or 600, coz I'll
probably be fed up with Sussex by then ;-)

--
Dave Larrington
Dead pigs make perfect, if heavy, earrings.

Dave Larrington wrote:

> That's Oop North, that is! Too far to travel for a 200, but I shall very
> likely be tempted into Northern Parts for the odd 4- or 600, coz I'll
> probably be fed up with Sussex by then ;-)

should be plenty of Southern 4's and 6's without venturing north of
Watford; including the odd East Anglian pancake flat 6; and the rather
less so Albion / PBstim which goes to the Cotswolds.

MartinM wrote:

> should be plenty of Southern 4's and 6's without venturing north of
> Watford; including the odd East Anglian pancake flat 6; and the
> rather less so Albion / PBstim which goes to the Cotswolds.

True, and in 2003 there was a even 600 starting from Waltham Abbey, which
would make it the second-nearest-to-Larrington-Towers Audax start in the
history of all things ever.

However, I wouldn't mind doing the Spurn Head and/or 3 Coasts again, and
iffen the rumours of the resurrection of the Daylight 600 are true...

--
Dave Larrington
The Real Slim Shady's gone to play tennis.

Dave Larrington wrote:

> However, I wouldn't mind doing the Spurn Head and/or 3 Coasts again, and
> iffen the rumours of the resurrection of the Daylight 600 are true...

The Old 240 is being run as well as the Spurn Head. Meant to be an epic
but was withdrawn becuase some considered it too hard. The Daylight 600
is going to be on my list if it is on the list.

I feel I ought to venture darn sarth next year.

MSeries wrote:

> The Old 240 is being run as well as the Spurn Head. Meant to be an
> epic but was withdrawn becuase some considered it too hard.

(Googles. Find lots of links to poxy old Volvos)

(Googles harder)

<URL:http://www.geocities.com/halifax_ctc/WestYorkshireSR/west_yorkshire_____super__randon_TO240_ROUTE.htm>

Yoicks!

(Arranges prior engagement)

--
Dave Larrington
Although the hippopotamus hath no sting in its tail, the wise

Dave Larrington wrote:

> MSeries wrote:
>
> > The Old 240 is being run as well as the Spurn Head. Meant to be an
> > epic but was withdrawn becuase some considered it too hard.

> (Googles. Find lots of links to poxy old Volvos)
>
> (Googles harder)
>
> <URL:http://www.geocities.com/halifax_ctc/WestYorkshireSR/west_yorkshire_____super__randon_TO240_ROUTE.htm>
>
> Yoicks!
>
> (Arranges prior engagement)

Your reaction is not unexpected sir ! I might do it, depends on how
well I am going next year.

Dave Larrington wrote:
> MartinM wrote:
>
> > should be plenty of Southern 4's and 6's without venturing north of
> > Watford; including the odd East Anglian pancake flat 6; and the
> > rather less so Albion / PBstim which goes to the Cotswolds.

> True, and in 2003 there was a even 600 starting from Waltham Abbey, which
> would make it the second-nearest-to-Larrington-Towers Audax start in the
> history of all things ever.
>
> However, I wouldn't mind doing the Spurn Head and/or 3 Coasts again, and
> iffen the rumours of the resurrection of the Daylight 600 are true...

and the similarity between the North of Watford and Brittany is?....

Scenery is Soooooo 2006 ;-)
(except for the BC and Denmead 400)

MSeries wrote:

> Your reaction is not unexpected sir ! I might do it, depends on how
> well I am going next year.

I've ridden up Alston High Street before. Once in the rain. 'orrible.

Mind you, riding /down/ Alston High Street is almost as bad.

--
Dave Larrington
Trees, once grown in large numbers, make perfect forests.

MartinM wrote:

> and the similarity between the North of Watford and Brittany is?....

The Spurn Head has only 2.4 hills in 290 km, it's the last 65 which did the
damage..

> Scenery is Soooooo 2006 ;-)
> (except for the BC and Denmead 400)

2006? 2005[1], more like!

1 - 3 whole scenery points for me!

--

Dave Larrington wrote:

> > Scenery is Soooooo 2006 ;-)
> > (except for the BC and Denmead 400)

> 2006? 2005[1], more like!
>
> 1 - 3 whole scenery points for me!

you could always become the first 3 wheeled Brevet des Grimpeurs du Sud
;-)
(which is not going to include the Winter Corker as it is before the
official launch)