rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

The "Search" feature...and great old threads

Started by tomblackwood · · Last activity · 9 posts · 336 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
28 May 2007
Last activity
29 May 2007
Original author
tomblackwood
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
336
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm getting ready to travel with my 36" next weekend, and found myself
    wondering about whether I should let the air out of the tire before
    checking it at the airport. I was about to post a new thread asking
    for opinions, when I decided to use the Search feature instead. Typing
    in "traveling with unicycle tire pressure" brought back 'this great old
    thread' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10156). I
    doubt starting a new one would bring anywhere near this level of
    detailed response.

    I like the Search feature.

    --
    tomblackwood

    Tailgate at your own risk...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tomblackwood's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3762
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61227

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. tomblackwood said:

    I'm getting ready to travel with my 36" next weekend, and found myself
    wondering about whether I should let the air out of the tire before
    checking it at the airport. I was about to post a new thread asking
    for opinions, when I decided to use the Search feature instead. Typing
    in "traveling with unicycle tire pressure" brought back 'this great old
    thread' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10156). I
    doubt starting a new one would bring anywhere near this level of
    detailed response.

    I like the Search feature.

    so....you started a new thread to tell us that you didn't start a new
    thread....hmmmm......interesting.

    --
    AscenXion

    *\ /*
    */ \*

    *µニ Rider*
    *SingleTrak'n*
    *Order Of One [O³]*

    Quoted message said:

    *You've shown your true face, AscenXion, and revealed that only an
    exclusive order of people can exist in your world where you are an
    intolerant god.*


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AscenXion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12303
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61227

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. AscenXion said:

    so....you started a new thread to tell us that you didn't start a new
    thread....hmmmm......interesting.

    😄

    --
    Triball
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Triball's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13759
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61227

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  4. AscenXion said:

    so....you started a new thread to tell us that you didn't start a new
    thread....hmmmm......interesting.

    No, I started a new thread to declare my love for the Search feature,
    and to highlight the wealth of information that can be found in
    previous threads. Given the level of venom that is often spewed on
    those who dare to respond to posts by suggesting the poster use the
    Search feature first, I thought I would highlight a Search success
    story.

    But thanks for jumping in there, Mr. Pot Calling The Kettle Black.

    --
    tomblackwood

    Tailgate at your own risk...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tomblackwood's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3762
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61227

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  5. AscenXion said:

    so....you started a new thread to tell us that you didn't start a new
    thread....hmmmm......interesting.

    Alright, idiot, just because you don't care doesn't mean everyone else
    doesn't. Shut up and go troll elsewhere.

    Thanks Tom for posting this, I've used the seach feature several times,
    and although it can take a few tries to get what you are looking for,
    you not only get what you are looking for most of the time, you can
    also get some classic threads with some great input from people who
    literally aren't around to comment any more. Plus it can be worth
    dredging up an old thread, if just to add more insight to the bottom as
    a result of the past x years since the thread fell off the front
    pages.

    I think more threads should be 'recycled' in this way.

    Loose.

    --
    Loosemoose

    Vice President - Southampton University Circus Society

    "Come on you target for far away laughter,
    come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine..." - Pink
    Floyd
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61227

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  6. Loosemoose said:

    Alright, idiot, just because you don't care doesn't mean everyone else
    doesn't. Shut up and go troll elsewhere.

    Loose.

    LOL...I think it's quite funny how my post was OBVIOUSLY written with a
    completely joking nature. It was supposed to be funny, I don't care
    that he made a thread about it, it was just amusing to me.

    The poster after me got it...and both of you would have too if you
    weren't just looking to be upset by anything I write...silly jaded
    people.

    Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. 🙂

    --
    AscenXion

    *\ /*
    */ \*

    *µニ Rider*
    *SingleTrak'n*
    *Order Of One [O³]*

    Quoted message said:

    *You've shown your true face, AscenXion, and revealed that only an
    exclusive order of people can exist in your world where you are an
    intolerant god.*


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AscenXion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12303
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61227

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  7. People don't know what to expect from someone who lists them self as
    "From Unk*N*own to God" 😄
    '[image:
    http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/5708/ascenxionunkownfz7.th.png]'
    (http://tinyurl.com/2hen64)
    As is often the case with text based communications it is hard to
    clearly convey sarcasm and as a result many fall into the sar-chasm.
    (This is why people use emoticons ) What do you expect to happen when
    your sarcasm is not obvious?

    --
    oddsends
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    oddsends's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11468
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61227

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  8. I was told by Nir a riding budy that he uses an old Cello case to
    ransport his Uni! Now that is creative!

    Unicorn

    --
    Unicorn

    Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
    accomplish great feats!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unicorn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12801
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61227

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  9. tomblackwood said:

    No, I started a new thread to declare my love for the Search feature,
    and to highlight the wealth of information that can be found in
    previous threads. Given the level of venom that is often spewed on
    those who dare to respond to posts by suggesting the poster use the
    Search feature first, I thought I would highlight a Search success
    story.

    But thanks for jumping in there, Mr. Pot Calling The Kettle Black.

    Actually this was a pot calling the kettle BlackWOOD.😄

    Edit (after reading old thread): Holy cow, is there a lot of good
    advice there!

    --
    steveyo

    steveyo
    ...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

    - a few 'uni race write-ups'
    (http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
    - muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
    (http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    steveyo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7228
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61227

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.