The Subject is Trolls

Six more bouts of diarrhea,
Though the TROLL has no idea
Worth the time it takes to read...
Well, at least this one won't breed.

>You do not have sense enough to paraphrase me... I do not
>wish to revisit that episode... run it pass [sic] me...
>I never make errors... no where [sic]...

Did he paraphrase Reagan or Clinton? I wonder...
And please note I avoided the classical blunder
Of a sentence that runs on and on, though it's two.
Did your seventh-grade teacher run that one PAST you?
I guess errors are born, never made. Only simps
Write "no where" for 'nowhere'; are TROLLS dumber than chimps?
And those three little dots at the end, most folks know,
Are what's called an ellipsis... plain English... HELLO?

>I have never liked you, nor did I ever say I did...

My bad - "admire and envy" - please excuse...
I mostly was concerned about my shoes.

>... I can write prose a hundred times faster than you can
>write verse [BUT OF COURSE] quality is more important than
>quantity.

Even TROLLS ev'ry now and again seem to stumble
On a truth that should make them feel meeker, more humble,
But a TROLL is a TROLL is a TROLL - this one too.
With its head up its ass, what can anyone do?

Please forgive me, dear readers, for my small transgression.
I will try in the future to show more discretion
About sticking a pin in the puffed-up balloon
That's the ego of ARBR's most well-known buffoon.

If I fail in my efforts at self-regulation,
I must ask you to think of the strong motivation
That's provided by TROLLS who continue to snipe,
And to fill up the archives with blubber and tripe.

TROLLs are varmints, night noises, mean scurrying weasels.
TROLLs make loud clanking sounds like old high mileage diesels.
This one's due for an overhaul, folks, we all know.
His emissions are high; his compression is low.

But he keeps on polluting with noise, smoke and clatter,
And refuses to notice that something's the matter.
Are his gauges defective? His battery dead?
Or is his biggest problem inside his big head?

I suggest, since he's steaming and badly misfiring,
That it's time he should think about REALLY retiring.
If there's anything anyone else here can say
To encourage him, please say it quickly - TODAY!

If he doesn't just park it and stay off the highway,
He should get it rebuilt and then try driving my way:
First off, get a new muffler; don't be a road hog;
Don't insult other drivers; use low beams in fog.

There is room on the road for us all, but watch out
If a TROLL's hiding under a bridge on your route.

Warmest regards to all (but a few),
Wayne
TROLL Traffic Control

Nget, don't work so hard. Take it from me - life is short and you do not
want to spend more of it than is necessary in hard labor. By the way, have
you ever read Eric Hoffer? He was a longshoreman like you and wrote quite a
few books about a variety of subjects. His "The True Believer" was his
masterpiece. That man really knew how to write plain English and he never
forgot his working class roots. I always admired him tremendously.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota[/QUOTE]

I don't sit on a crane everyday that would be boring as all get out.A few years back I fished on a shrimp boat.If you are thinking Forest Gump that is not too far off the mark,only my mother never said "life is like a box of chocolates".
All the hard work and hard play did a number on my knees.That is why I got into cycling to help take away the pain that I was starting to feel.Not only did it help but even the people around me see a big improvement.
Who knows,maybe someday I'll be a good enough writer to post on ARBR.

LoGo USA said:
Six more bouts of diarrhea,
Though the TROLL has no idea
Worth the time it takes to read...
Well, at least this one won't breed.
Wayne has struck again ,the poet of **** on our newsgroup.

"nget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Nget, don't work so hard. Take it from me - life is short and you do
> not
> want to spend more of it than is necessary in hard labor. By the way,
> have
> you ever read Eric Hoffer? He was a longshoreman like you and wrote
> quite a
> few books about a variety of subjects. "The True Believer" was his
> masterpiece. That man really knew how to write plain English and he
> never
> forgot his working class roots. I always admired him tremendously.
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>
> I don't sit on a crane everyday that would be boring as all get out.A few
> years back I fished on a shrimp boat.If you are thinking Forest Gump that
> is not too far off the mark,only my mother never said "life is like a box
> of chocolates".
> All the hard work and hard play did a number on my knees.That is why I
> got into cycling to help take away the pain that I was starting to
> feel.Not only did it help but even the people around me see a big
> improvement.
> Who knows,maybe someday I'll be a good enough writer to post on ARBR.

Nget, you post just fine here on ARBR. I go for the thought being expressed
and only pick on those who deserve to be picked on for one reason or
another.

You had the guts to stand up to the criminal troll when all the other
regular members of this group (a few exceptions) took a powder. You have no
idea what that counts for with me. I am sorely disappointed in this group by
and large because they all turned out to be such cowards. Thankfully, most
of them seem to have left the group and it is good riddance to them as far
as I am concerned. If you will not defend the group when it comes under
attack, then you do not deserve to belong to the group. Elementary, my dear
Watson!

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

> On Tue, 17 May 2005 14:24:36 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
> wrote in message <[email protected]>:
>
>>> It'll be a long time (if ever) before this group recovers from the
>>> destruction you wrought, Ed. And I'm absolutely serious about that.

>>Guy Chapman of the UK has of course got me confused with that other Ed,
>>the
>>one who brought down the group. I was here for several years and the only
>>effect I ever had was to liven up this dead place a bit.

> By driving away everybody whose political opinions you disagreed with.
> Which was, by my count, pretty much everybody except yourself.

I brought some balance to the political discussions. Prior to my arrival
there was nothing but liberal rants being posted - and on subject threads
too that had nothing to do with politics. I mean, just how much did you
expect a sensible soul like myself would or could take.

> No, I haven't confused the two Eds, and you know it. Monkey pox is
> transient, you are a festering sore. Sure, you are less pustulent now
> than at some times in the past, but this has turned into alt.ed.dolan,
> and I have insufficient interest in that to keep up the effort of
> reading.

You will always read what I have to say on this group because I know how to
say interesting things in an interesting way. I bring some color into your
otherwise drab life. To compare me with the criminal troll is insane. Are
you insane?

>>The only time Guy Chapman comes to life is when you get him on the subject
>>of helmets. I don't believe there is a more tiresome subject in all
>>cycling,
>>since it is an open and shut case to all except for those few lawbreakers
>>who were apparently born deaf and dumb and are not susceptible to common
>>sense.

> So you say. What a shame that there is no known case where cyclist
> safety has improved as a result of increased helmet use. Naughty
> population! Bad population! It's as if nobody has told them that
> magic styrofoam hats confer invulnerability.
>
> Come back when you've read this lot:
>
> http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/Web/public.nsf/Documents/Research_Evidence
>
>>But Guy Chapman is never serious about anything any more than I am. He
>>pretends to be serious but I know he is not.

> Seems you're wrong there as well.
>
> http://www.cyclehelmets.org/mf.html#1121
>
> OK, enough. I've unsubscribed.
>
> Guy

See what I mean! I think this subject having to do with helmets is the one
thing Guy Chapman of the UK is actually serious about - which is very
disheartening to say the least. If you want to retain your sanity, never, I
repeat never, get into a discussion with Guy Chapman of the UK about
helmets!

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

news:[email protected]...

Right! Let's get the allusion to **** out of the way right away.

>>You do not have sense enough to paraphrase me... I do not
>>wish to revisit that episode... run it pass [sic] me...
>>I never make errors... no where [sic]...

[sic] [sic] to you too. Your writing is infested with three dots. Why is
that? Does your mind trail off like your writing?

> Did he paraphrase Reagan or Clinton? I wonder...
> And please note I avoided the classical blunder
> Of a sentence that runs on and on, though it's two.
> Did your seventh-grade teacher run that one PAST you?
> I guess errors are born, never made. Only simps
> Write "no where" for 'nowhere'; are TROLLS dumber than chimps?
> And those three little dots at the end, most folks know,
> Are what's called an ellipsis... plain English... HELLO?

I am not much in favor of compacting words. I leave that to the Germans. It
is better to have two short words than one long word.

Dots (however many) just plain look bad. Try just a single dot. It is what
is known as a period.

>>I have never liked you, nor did I ever say I did...

> My bad - "admire and envy" - please excuse...
> I mostly was concerned about my shoes.

That was in reference to your writing ability and had nothing to do with
your person.

>>... I can write prose a hundred times faster than you can
>>write verse [BUT OF COURSE] quality is more important than
>>quantity.

No one knows to what you are referring. Either quote me in full or forget
about it. Even I am not going to look up what I have previously written.
[...]

The rest of his **** I have deleted as I know no one is reading it. I will
save perhaps a few stanzas for separate replies later in separate threads
depending on how vicious and mean I am feeling.

However, I will conclude by adding something of my own about poets and
poetry.

It is a mortal sin for a poet to be longwinded. That belongs to the 19th
century, not to the present day. Poets who are longwinded are writing for
themselves only. They love to read their own words and hear the sound of
their own voice. I learned all of this when I was at the University and
occasionally would look in on the coffee shops surrounding the campus. The
poets would be reading their poetry for an audience that only consisted of
other poets. I have never seen such a collection of freaks in my life. Each
and every one of them were crazy as loons and looked it. You would not
normally give any of those freaks the time of day. You would veer away from
them if you were to meet them on the street.

Most of us had to read some poetry when we were in high school. It was part
of the English curriculum. Some of us were stupid enough to take some
college English classes which also consisted of reading poetry. As a result
of this, we come away from the experience heartily hating all poetry. I did
not carry it that far, but it is important to stay way from the kind of poet
who cannot find the proper subject for his muse.

Wayne LoGo is an example of the latter kind of poet. His first effort on
this group was his best and it has been all downhill from there. The reason
for it is that he has gone from the general treatment of tolls to the
particular treatment of a troll. He of course is nothing but a troll himself
at this point. It amuses me greatly that he thinks he can outlast me in this
arena. As he well knows, since he practices it all the time, the best
defense is a an offense and that is what I shall do also. We trolls
understand one another.

Poor Wayne LoGo the Poet. No one will read him because everyone hates poetry
and everyone will read me because of my inimitable style which is easily
understood by all. Also, I am not longwinded like he is. I know how to make
my post just long enough without driving everyone to distraction.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

"LoGo USA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[...]
> Even TROLLS ev'ry now and again seem to stumble
> On a truth that should make them feel meeker, more humble,
> But a TROLL is a TROLL is a TROLL - this one too.
> With its head up its ass, what can anyone do?
>
> Please forgive me, dear readers, for my small transgression.
> I will try in the future to show more discretion
> About sticking a pin in the puffed-up balloon
> That's the ego of ARBR's most well-known buffoon.
>
> If I fail in my efforts at self-regulation,
> I must ask you to think of the strong motivation
> That's provided by TROLLS who continue to snipe,
> And to fill up the archives with blubber and tripe.
>
> TROLLs are varmints, night noises, mean scurrying weasels.
> TROLLs make loud clanking sounds like old high mileage diesels.
> This one's due for an overhaul, folks, we all know.
> His emissions are high; his compression is low.
>
> But he keeps on polluting with noise, smoke and clatter,
> And refuses to notice that something's the matter.
> Are his gauges defective? His battery dead?
> Or is his biggest problem inside his big head?
>
> I suggest, since he's steaming and badly misfiring,
> That it's time he should think about REALLY retiring.
> If there's anything anyone else here can say
> To encourage him, please say it quickly - TODAY!
>
> If he doesn't just park it and stay off the highway,
> He should get it rebuilt and then try driving my way:
> First off, get a new muffler; don't be a road hog;
> Don't insult other drivers; use low beams in fog.
>
> There is room on the road for us all, but watch out
> If a TROLL's hiding under a bridge on your route.
>
> Warmest regards to all (but a few),
> Wayne
> TROLL Traffic Control

I was all prepared to go into orbit over the above post, but then I actually
read it and it is really quite good. Even I can laugh at myself when things
are put properly.

Wayne LoGo must think in verse. He is most likely a true poet. It would take
me days to compose something like the above and it would not be any good. I
will give credit where credit is due.

It is just as well that Wayne LoGo is not responding directly to my posts.
No one does as well what he does and there are plenty of others who will
confront me directly. We should all just sit back and enjoy the poet.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

"LoGo USA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[...]
>>You do not have sense enough to paraphrase me... I do not
>>wish to revisit that episode... run it pass [sic] me...
>>I never make errors... no where [sic]...

Pass and past are very important words that have multiple meanings and
multiple ways of using them. I really did mean pass and not past.

You are correct about nowhere. But this is the sort of thing a spell checker
will not pick up. I note that many write alot for a lot. I used to do this
too. When in doubt I will always use two separate words rather than unite
them. It is tiresome to run to the dictionary for anything except for a word
that you are sure you are not spelling right. I am also known far and wide
for making up words of my own. But you can always figure them out from the
context.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Does it give one a warm fuzzy feeling to note
These soft comforting words from a TROLL's hungry throat?:

>[The TROLL] is still plugging away trying to make the group
>a worthwhile endeavor...

Not exactly, in fact:

Shouldn't that read 'unplugging and dumping a load'?
That's a TROLL's definition of "worthwhile endeavor".
Folks, that old worn-out diesel's still out on the road,
As its road-hogging driver tries hard to be clever...

>If all the Philberts in recumbent land would just post...

Then the TROLL would spring out and confront ev'ry sheep;
He'd attack each intruder and make him regret it.
BOTTOM LINE: It's a TROLL, guys, not Little Bo Peep;
It wears cute little dresses, perhaps, but don't pet it!

For example:

>... there was never a peep [BO OR OTHERWISE?] out of Philbert
>when the war was raging...

What war? His war. And who cares? Just the TROLL.
And why? He lost; he crept back to his hole.
And then? He whined; he's still whining today.
No end? Perhaps. What does he himself say?

>[FROM 'THE SUBJECT IS TROLLS' THREAD]... depending on how
>vicious and mean I am feeling.

Does he think that some schmoozing, a few bottom kisses,
And some bull **** about what the meaning of 'is' is
Will hornswoggle this group into thinking he's charming?
No, his track record's wretched; it's truly alarming,
With a whole lot of snapping and snarling and biting.
TROLLS aren't 'good'; they aren't nice; they're at best uninviting.

Does he think we forget? We can read the archives,
Where he's wielded his words like a psycho wields knives.
TROLLS should have just a tad more respect for the brain
Of the typical reader that they entertain.
Number six on the list, short and sweet, brief and droll:
If you write for yourself when you write, you're a TROLL!

ARBR's TROLL - there's just one and he knows who he is -
Is the reason most folks take one look, then go 'Whizz-zz-zz'.
Mr. TROLL, dwell on that (and the readers!) before
Writing any more posts, 'cause at least three or four
Know what's up, with more smarts and perception than you,
Plus a more open mind and more saddle time too.

There's no reason at all that a TROLL can't convert
To a more pleasant guy who does more good than hurt,
But unless he's sincere when he claims that he tries,
On this "dung heap" he mentioned, he's Lord of the Flies!

Regards,
Wayne
TROLL Truth Monitor

"LoGo USA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does it give one a warm fuzzy feeling to note
> These soft comforting words from a TROLL's hungry throat?:
>
>>[The TROLL] is still plugging away trying to make the group
>>a worthwhile endeavor...

> Not exactly, in fact:
>
> Shouldn't that read 'unplugging and dumping a load'?
> That's a TROLL's definition of "worthwhile endeavor".
> Folks, that old worn-out diesel's still out on the road,
> As its road-hogging driver tries hard to be clever...

Wayne Logo the Poet confuses style with substance. Unfortunately for him, I
like my style and I will continue with it.

>>If all the Philberts in recumbent land would just post...

> Then the TROLL would spring out and confront ev'ry sheep;
> He'd attack each intruder and make him regret it.
> BOTTOM LINE: It's a TROLL, guys, not Little Bo Peep;
> It wears cute little dresses, perhaps, but don't pet it!

I never have much to say to newbies, unless and until they say something
outrageously stupid. I am only into keeping the regulars in check, all of
which I know well by now.

> For example:
>
>>... there was never a peep [BO OR OTHERWISE?] out of Philbert
>>when the war was raging...

> What war? His war. And who cares? Just the TROLL.
> And why? He lost; he crept back to his hole.
> And then? He whined; he's still whining today.
> No end? Perhaps. What does he himself say?

That war practically destroyed this group, but it is now apparent to me that
you do not have a clue what it was about. However, if you were here at the
time and said nothing, it most certainly does NOT resound to your credit.
Cowardice in the face of the enemy is the least attractive of all human
characteristics.

>>[FROM 'THE SUBJECT IS TROLLS' THREAD]... depending on how
>>vicious and mean I am feeling.

> Does he think that some schmoozing, a few bottom kisses,
> And some bull **** about what the meaning of 'is' is
> Will hornswoggle this group into thinking he's charming?
> No, his track record's wretched; it's truly alarming,
> With a whole lot of snapping and snarling and biting.
> TROLLS aren't 'good'; they aren't nice; they're at best uninviting.

I am very proud of my track record here on ARBR. All anyone ever has to do
is read the COMPLETE thread in which I participated, however humbly, to see
the brilliance and indeed the genius of Ed Dolan the Great. It is my
understanding that my remarks will be preserved in the Google archive until
the end of time, as indeed they should. I encourage one and all to carefully
study every word I have ever written to ARBR. You will emerge infinitely
wiser and a better person into the bargain.

> Does he think we forget? We can read the archives,
> Where he's wielded his words like a psycho wields knives.
> TROLLS should have just a tad more respect for the brain
> Of the typical reader that they entertain.
> Number six on the list, short and sweet, brief and droll:
> If you write for yourself when you write, you're a TROLL!

I have already told you what I think of the kind of scoundrel who would
resort to the archives and dredge up old threads. Now you also know why I
repeat myself endlessly to this group. That is the only way anything ever
sinks in.

The only one writing for himself here on ARBR is you. Please note the
absolute dearth of comments on your efforts from others besides me. This
ought to tell you something, but it doesn't because you are tone deaf. You
have only one reader here and that is me. That is because it takes a troll
to know a troll when confronted with another troll like YOU!

On the other hand, note how many will respond to ANYTHING I write. That is
because I am not tone deaf like you. It is a function of the intelligence,
and you either got it or you ain't. But you are a wordsmith all right. Too
bad more don't appreciate wordsmiths.

> ARBR's TROLL - there's just one and he knows who he is -
> Is the reason most folks take one look, then go 'Whizz-zz-zz'.
> Mr. TROLL, dwell on that (and the readers!) before
> Writing any more posts, 'cause at least three or four
> Know what's up, with more smarts and perception than you,
> Plus a more open mind and more saddle time too.

If there are others on this group who are smarter than me, they should speak
up and demonstrate that fact to one and all, but so far I have never seen
any evidence of anyone being smarter than yours truly. Now you know why I
refer to myself as Ed Dolan the Great. The only one who has ever challenged
me is you and you are not playing fair. But I am making allowances for you
because you are a wordsmith. However, being a wordsmith does not have all
that much to do with intelligence. For all I know, you may be an idiot
savant.

> There's no reason at all that a TROLL can't convert
> To a more pleasant guy who does more good than hurt,
> But unless he's sincere when he claims that he tries,
> On this "dung heap" he mentioned, he's Lord of the Flies!

If I became a pleasant guy, I would just be one among many and the group
would die of boredom. No, I believe I will continue on in my accustomed
manner and throw a few firecrackers into the mix from time to time just to
make sure everybody has not died and gone to hell. Why even have a newsgroup
if doesn't generate a little excitement.

By the way, we have gotten quite off the subject of good trolls versus bad
trolls. I maintain that I am a good troll because I play by the rules. I use
my real name and address, I do not forge false names, I do not forge real
names not my own, I do not play around with headers and I do not enter into
other threads *****-nilly for no good reason. Furthermore, I am not a one
note Johnny like some others here. And finally, I never use foul language
and foul thoughts except in retaliation. In short, I am a gentleman and a
scholar and this group is lucky to have me.

A bad troll is never responsive and a good troll is. That is a huge
difference which even someone like you should be able to appreciate, unless
of course you are an idiot savant and only know one thing - how to string
words together that more or less rhyme.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

PS. I think Wayne the Poet must be about my age as I do not believe anyone
reads William Golding anymore. Like Wayne the Poet, Golding was a good
writer but a poor thinker. There is no way in this world that kids under
those circumstances would ever have acted the way they did. It was pure
fantasy fiction.

The TROLL keeps spinning - round, and round once more -
Ignoring facts, asserting his beliefs...
Repeating... endless whining... **** galore...
Exacerbating ARBR's woes and griefs.

>... the brilliance and indeed the genius of [the TROLL]...
>will be preserved in the Google archive until the end of
>time... I encourage one and all to carefully study every
>word I have ever written to ARBR... I repeat myself
>endlessly to this group...

Well, there's another oxymoron, guys,
Two bleakish thoughts and then a caveat.
The TROLL's eternal, but he isn't wise
Enough to see and do the things he ought.

>... the war... cowardice... the enemy... criminal...
>vandal... [REPEAT ENDLESSLY]

The TROLL, I'm sure, though clearly not too bright,
Knows very well most ARBR readers felt
Much (much, MUCH!) more embarrassment than fright,
Disgusted with the way that looked and smelt.

But once the **** had all gone through the fan,
The breeze that blew through ARBR smelled more sweet,
And why? Because the TROLL packed up and ran.
Did any postings mourn his 'final' bleat?

Did anybody welcome his return?
Or did they beg him, "Please, please stay away!"?
The archives tell the tale; most people spurn
This TROLL - past, present, future, night and day.

>Wayne... confuses style with substance... I like my
>style and I will continue with it.

The old TROLL's style's offensive, mean and crude,
The 'substance' in his postings smelly, brown.
There's no confusion, folks. He's crass, he's rude;
His little piles of **** bring readers down.

He lies through TROLLish teeth when he proclaims
He thinks he's good for ARBR, knowing well
He's playing selfish, petty TROLLish games;
He'd cut the **** if he wished ARBR well.

Regards,
Wayne
Terribly Tired of TROLLS

That is good - get the **** thing off your brain right away!

>>... the brilliance and indeed the genius of [the TROLL]...
>>will be preserved in the Google archive until the end of
>>time... I encourage one and all to carefully study every
>>word I have ever written to ARBR... I repeat myself
>>endlessly to this group...

> Well, there's another oxymoron, guys,
> Two bleakish thoughts and then a caveat.
> The TROLL's eternal, but he isn't wise
> Enough to see and do the things he ought.
>
>>... the war... cowardice... the enemy... criminal...
>>vandal... [REPEAT ENDLESSLY]

The only one who is repeating himself endlessly is you. And to what point.
So you don't like trolls. So what? Who cares? I have sure succeeded with
you though, haven't I. Caught in my net like a big stupid sucker fish,
flopping away not knowing how to progress. Now you began to see the
limitations of verse and the advantages of prose.

> The TROLL, I'm sure, though clearly not too bright,
> Knows very well most ARBR readers felt
> Much (much, MUCH!) more embarrassment than fright,
> Disgusted with the way that looked and smelt.
>
> But once the **** had all gone through the fan,
> The breeze that blew through ARBR smelled more sweet,
> And why? Because the TROLL packed up and ran.
> Did any postings mourn his 'final' bleat?

The only one flinging **** here is Wayne Logo, the Poet of Excrement who
constantly has **** on his brain, or is it **** for brains. Too bad he can't
get his head out of the toilet bowel. Well, he is most likely a failed poet
and is now wallowing in a latrine in his own excrement. That would account
for his having **** on his brain all the time.

> Did anybody welcome his return?
> Or did they beg him, "Please, please stay away!"?
> The archives tell the tale; most people spurn
> This TROLL - past, present, future, night and day.

No one comes to a newsgroup to win a popularity contest, at least that idea
never occurred to me. All that matters is that others respond. Who cares
what they say. I sure don't. Who cares what you say. I sure don't.

The fact is that no one responds to your now ridiculous posts. Why is that I
wonder if everyone agrees with you about the badness of trolls. Or could it
possibly be that you do not know what you are talking about - like most
poets I have ever read. The truth is that no one but no one pays any
attention to poetry. It is in the category of children's games. If you had
any smarts you would realize that and stop making a fool of yourself.

>>Wayne... confuses style with substance... I like my
>>style and I will continue with it.

> The old TROLL's style's offensive, mean and crude,
> The 'substance' in his postings smelly, brown.
> There's no confusion, folks. He's crass, he's rude;
> His little piles of **** bring readers down.

>>Wayne... confuses style with substance... I like my
>>style and I will continue with it.

Wayne LoGo the Poet's style consists of images of excrement (**** on the
brain - maybe **** for brains for all I know). I am convinced that he must
have a most horrible bowel problem. Either that or he is a proctologist on
the side.

> He lies through TROLLish teeth when he proclaims
> He thinks he's good for ARBR, knowing well
> He's playing selfish, petty TROLLish games;
> He'd cut the **** if he wished ARBR well.

The only one who needs to cut the **** is Wayne LoGo, the Poet Troll of
ARBR. Too bad no one is reading him except me, and my patience is running
out. There is nothing sadder or more pathetic than a failed poet troll. He
needs to move on as there is only so much that can be said about the badness
of trolls without sounding like a broken record.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

The TROLL trundles on:

>****... repeating himself endlessly... flinging ****...
>**** on his brain... **** for brains... toilet bowel [sic]
>... latrine... excrement... **** on his brain... images of
>excrement... **** for brains... bowel problem... sounding
>like a broken record.

Oh, such style - and such substance! Good golly, Miss Molly!
Oh, this TROLL's an impressive, artistic Svengali.
So articulate, instantly grasping that topic,
Though his view of the world is almost microscopic -
Like some poor paramecium, he's flopping and flailing,
He's a senile old TROLL, with his speech center failing.

>[WHAT!? NO MENTION OF 'THE WAR'? BUT THERE MUST BE; THERE
>HAS TO BE. NO TROLL POSTING COULD BE COMPLETE WITHOUT AT
>LEAST ONE WHINING REMINDER OF THAT PATHETIC, BUT HARDLY
>MORTAL OR EPIC CONFLICT!]...

.... can't... go... on... must... have... gunsmoke...

LIGHTS! - - - - - CAMERA! - - - - - ACTION!

"Mister Dillon! He's coming!" cried someone like Chester,
And he pointed at Eddie, the ovine molester.
'This is it,' thought the Marshall,
'I've dreamed of this showdown.
Now we'll dance on his grave in a virtual hoedown.'

Matt stepped out in the street, hot and windy and dusty,
And he saw that Ed's gun, like his wit, was all rusty.
Marshall Dillon stood tall and the sun was behind him,
But he knew that his foe wore dark glasses, which blind him
To the worth of his peers. All their hopes and their feelings
Mean no more to this villain than little lambs squealing
As he grabs them and... OOPS! That's a different story;
Let's get back now to Dodge, where the scene's getting gory.

Here it's Dillon v. Dolan - a classical duel -
Right v. wrong, man v. TROLL, cute and charming v. cruel.
They square off, glaring, sneering, insulting each other;
[Ed is crude, using words that would shock his poor mother.]
Dolan's mad, red with rage, and his dentures are gnashing.
Now their hands streak, and spring up with gun barrels flashing!
Shots ring out; women scream, and both sounds are echoing.
Who's been wounded or killed? There is no way of knowing...

Until Camera B zooms in, closer and bigger,
And we see Evil Eddie, still pulling his trigger.
Twenty shots, twenty-five, but his aim is quite awful,
Plus his bullets are duds. Dolan shrieks, "It's unlawful!
You're a much better shot, and you have better ammo."
Then another slug rips through his TROLL body - WHAMMO!
But the TROLL doesn't fall; since he's not real observant,
He keeps firing away, badly wounded but fervent.

Ten more shots hit the TROLL; Dillon's aim is effective,
While the TROLL does more harm with his vicious invective.
Dillon shoots; Dolan shouts. They're just standing there firing,
Until, frankly, it gets just a little bit tiring...
You can see Dolan bleeding, the lead freely flying,
But you sense something's wrong. There can be no denying
That this scene isn't real; it's a bad Western movie...
Or a poem I hoped you might think's kinda groovy.

In reality, shootouts on newsgroups aren't funny;
If one's made as a film, I'd suggest, "Save your money."
As for dealing with TROLLS on an internet forum,
Most folks say, "Never feed one; just simply ignore 'em."
That's a very good rule that should rarely be broken,
But it is really hard, when a TROLL's so outspoken,
And keeps blathering on - a disgusting, bad habit -
Not to pick up a sharp-pointed stick and just jab it!

Best regards to all TROLL loathers,
Wayne

"LoGo USA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The TROLL trundles on:
>
>>****... repeating himself endlessly... flinging ****...
>>**** on his brain... **** for brains... toilet bowel [sic]
>>... latrine... excrement... **** on his brain... images of
>>excrement... **** for brains... bowel problem... sounding
>>like a broken record.

> Oh, such style - and such substance! Good golly, Miss Molly!
> Oh, this TROLL's an impressive, artistic Svengali.
> So articulate, instantly grasping that topic,
> Though his view of the world is almost microscopic -
> Like some poor paramecium, he's flopping and flailing,
> He's a senile old TROLL, with his speech center failing.

You are the one who keeps bringing excrement into your verse. I have already
told you a couple of times that allusions to excrement should be kept out of
verse as it is inappropriate. Try to write about love and death like all
good poets do. However, as long as you keep bringing excrement into your
verse, then I shall continue to rub your nose in it and it will be my
pleasure to do so.

>>[WHAT!? NO MENTION OF 'THE WAR'? BUT THERE MUST BE; THERE
>>HAS TO BE. NO TROLL POSTING COULD BE COMPLETE WITHOUT AT
>>LEAST ONE WHINING REMINDER OF THAT PATHETIC, BUT HARDLY
>>MORTAL OR EPIC CONFLICT!]...

I do not understand the capital letters. When everything is capitalized,
then nothing is emphasized. Besides, capital letters are harder to read.

> ... can't... go... on... must... have... gunsmoke...
>
> LIGHTS! - - - - - CAMERA! - - - - - ACTION!

Blah, blah, blah ...

There is no conversation going on here. The irony is that Wayne LoGo the
Poet has become a troll himself, but he is not even a good troll. A good
troll engages in conversation and is responsive. Wayne LoGo the Poet is only
writing for himself at this point and so he can just read himself too as far
as I am concerned. Wayne LoGo the Poet has not only become a troll, but a
bad one at that. He is not yet a criminal troll, but that may be in the
offing.

Most bad trolls are just plain stupid, but a half way intelligent bad troll
is just plain pathetic.The fact is that there is no substitute for real
conversation. It is what newsgroups are all about regardless of subject.

And so I leave poor Wayne LoGo the Poet to himself. He went off the rails
because he is only into himself. He is an onanist and cannot relate to
others.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Genesis, Chapter 38:

7 And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the
LORD; and the LORD slew him.

8 And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife,
and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.

9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it
came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife,
that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should
give seed to his brother.

10 And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore
he slew him also.

TROLL:

>... onanist...

Such an archaic word that the TROLL's put to use -
As a metaphor hinting at lewd self-abuse.
It's a musty old word, and it's so obsolete
That its meaning's unclear, though it's clearly not sweet.
Did someone call the TROLL that when he was a teen,
And got caught single-handed, red-faced and obscene?

He's a mean Minnesotan who's headed for Hell,
But I bet he knows Genesis, maybe quite well.
Did his mommy, some priest, or his daddy perhaps
Read this tale to the cute little TROLL in their laps?
That old story of Onan has often been spun,
As a moral by clerics, by bad boys for fun.

But the moral is clear for us folks pure of heart:
Frisky fellows should finish the flings that they start.
Never leave a girl hanging; keep things in their place.
It's a hard thing to wave in the TROLL's ugly face,
But I don't think the story of Onan applies
When confronting Beelzebub, Lord of the Flies.

Folks, a saint would lose patience with this ol' TROLL's snit,
Quickly getting enough of his shim sham and spit.

Regards,
Wayne

Who has the time for this asshole? I won't be reading this post, but I
will gladly respond to it and its safe to say this is the usual dolan
trollbait. Spare your self.

In article <[email protected]>, Edward Dolan
<[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
> and proper posting so that at least no harm is done to the group.
>
> So what is a good troll like me doing here on ARBR? I am tweaking the group
> more or less and I hope bringing joy and happiness to one and all. All
> newsgroups get bogged down in trivia and boredom. Good trolls are stimulants
> which keep everyone on their toes. A dumb troll is an abomination, but a
> smart troll is a treasure that is to be appreciated above all else. Every
> newsgroup deserves at least one GOOD troll. Sometimes the troll is the only
> thing holding the group together if truth be told.
>
> After you have been on a group for awhile the same old things get said over
> and over. A good troll lights a spark under the group and gets them off on
> tangents that would never otherwise occur to them. One thing leads to
> another and before you know it we can be discussing Eskimo culture versus
> Norse culture in the Middle Ages. Is this bad? No, I maintain that it is
> good. It prevents terminal boredom, the besetting sin of all newsgroups.
>
> A good troll keeps everyone human (and humble) including the troll himself.
> A newsgroup that is composed solely of resident experts rendering their
> judgments on this and that is deadly. A bit of that goes a long ways. We
> all want to be human beings first and foremost with distinctive
> personalities above all else. A good troll permits that to take place where
> otherwise everyone would be anonymous and basically strangers to one
> another. What a waste of time that would be.
>
> Yes, the subject is trolls. What do you think of them? Are they all good or
> are they all bad. Or is there some good along with the bad. Do you really
> want to be on a group where there is never a troll around to say interesting
> things and to amuse you. We are mostly elderly men here on ARBR but does
> that mean we cannot have some fun with one another.
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

"LoGo USA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Genesis, Chapter 38:
>
> 7 And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the
> LORD; and the LORD slew him.
>
> 8 And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife,
> and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.
>
> 9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it
> came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife,
> that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should
> give seed to his brother.
>
> 10 And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore
> he slew him also.
>
> TROLL:
>
>>... onanist...

> Such an archaic word that the TROLL's put to use -
> As a metaphor hinting at lewd self-abuse.
> It's a musty old word, and it's so obsolete
> That its meaning's unclear, though it's clearly not sweet.
> Did someone call the TROLL that when he was a teen,
> And got caught single-handed, red-faced and obscene?

Not an archaic word to me. And I used it most fittingly to describe what you
are doing here.

> He's a mean Minnesotan who's headed for Hell,
> But I bet he knows Genesis, maybe quite well.
> Did his mommy, some priest, or his daddy perhaps
> Read this tale to the cute little TROLL in their laps?
> That old story of Onan has often been spun,
> As a moral by clerics, by bad boys for fun.

I am known as Saint Edward in these parts. I belong to the Order of the
Perpetual Miseries. This is a very exclusive Order and an onanist like you
could never enter into the Kingdom, let alone my Order.

> But the moral is clear for us folks pure of heart:
> Frisky fellows should finish the flings that they start.
> Never leave a girl hanging; keep things in their place.
> It's a hard thing to wave in the TROLL's ugly face,
> But I don't think the story of Onan applies
> When confronting Beelzebub, Lord of the Flies.

It applies because you are not responsive. You are off on tangents of your
own, so I will be too. In other words, you only talk to yourself and now
that is what I shall do also. What could be more fair than that.

> Folks, a saint would lose patience with this ol' TROLL's snit,
> Quickly getting enough of his shim sham and spit.

You have sure got that right about me being a Saint! I have never met anyone
holier than me. It is most likely that I will ascend into Heaven without
having to go through the bother of having to die first - kind of like our
Blessed Virgin Mary. I may also have been conceived without original sin
too, but I am not sure about that since I can so readily recognize sin in
others. In any event, I will be sitting at the right hand of God and I will
advise Him on how He should judge you upon your passing. I trust that you
will not mind the heat and being poked at by Satan's minions!

Saint Edward - Order of the Perpetual Miseries - Minnesota