Bonehead down, and I think out. He instantly grabbed his collar bone, and didn't get up for ages.
It looked so innocuous, but I suppose it can sometimes happen like that.
Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion
The Thread about Nothing....
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Australia and New Zealand
- Published
- 29 July 2006
- Last activity
- 6 June 2025
- Original author
- Hitchy
- Posts
- 81171
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 3,053,799
- Views / 30 days
- 0
- Topics
-
Crit racingTrack cyclingFTPHydrationIndoor trainersVO2 maxCarbon wheelsCranksetsBib shorts and chamoisCyclocrossDisc brakesPunctures and flatsTime trialsWorldTour teamsCarbon framesClimbingElectronic shiftingRace licensingRear derailleursSteel framesTaper and peakingWet weather gearClassics racingAluminium framesApps and softwareChain lube and cleaningConcussion and head injuryFoot pain while cyclingGran fondosGroup ridingNutritionRace-day nutritionReach and stackRim brakesRim depth and aeroSaddle soresTitanium framesTorque wrenchesTubeless tyresTyre pressureArm and leg warmersBamboo framesBike fitBikepackingBrake padsCantilever and V-brakesCleat positionCycling clothingCycling shoesDerailleur hangersDowntube shiftersE-bikesFat bikingFrame geometryFront derailleursGear indexingGiantGiro d’ItaliaHand and wrist painInner tubesNormalized powerNumbness and nerve issuesPower-to-weight ratioRim tape and valvesRoute planningSaddle heightShort cranksSingle-speed and fixed-gearSportive and fondo pacingStem lengthStrava segmentsTeam tacticsTraining for older ridersTubular tyresWheel weight vs aeroZone 2 trainingBike cleaningWheel buildingAchilles and tendon issuesAero positionAnti-doping in cyclingAsthma and cyclingBase trainingBelt drive systemsBianchiBike fit for back issuesBike lightsBMCBolt torque specsBottom bracket creakBottom bracketsBottom bracket standardsBreakaway tacticsBrooks saddlesBuying a used bikeCable routingCampagnoloCarbon rim brake trackCassettes and freewheelsCervéloChain lengthChainringsChain wearCoaster brakesCold and heat therapyCommutingContact pointsCrank arm lengthCustom frame buildingCycling and ageCycling and heart healthCycling capsCycling computersCycling jerseysCycling World ChampionshipsDomestiquesElectronic shifting firmwareERG modeFeltFixing a punctureFocusFolding bikesFrame cracksFrame paint and decalsFrame protection tapeFrame stiffnessFriction shiftingGeneral-classification ridersGlovesGravelGravel racingHandlebar widthHeadset serviceHeadtube standardsHeart rate trainingHelmetsHome workshop setupHub and axle standardsHub serviceHydraulic brake bleedingIndoor cyclingInternal gear hubsKids' cycling gearKnee painLocal club racingNational championshipsNight ridingOlympic cyclingPara-cyclingPedal choicePinarelloProfessional team equipmentRecumbent cyclingReplacing shift cablesReturning after a long breakReynolds and Columbus tubingRidleyRim brake pad compoundRoad racing tacticsSaddle choiceScottSeatpost complianceSeized partsShifter cable tensionShoulder and collarbone injuriesSmart trainersSpecializedSpoke countSpoke tensionStage racingStep-through bikesSupplementsSweet spot trainingThreshold trainingTouringTraining loadTrekTyre choiceTyre sidewall damageUCI rankings and pointsUrban ridingVelomobilesVintage component identificationVintage lugged framesVuelta a EspañaWheel bearing serviceWheel truingWide tyresWinter ridingWomen's professional racingYetiZwift and virtual ridingBody compositionGrand ToursTraining with powerWeight managementCadel EvansLance ArmstrongEddy MerckxBernard HinaultBradley WigginsChris FroomeGreg LeMondMiguel IndurainRichie PorteTom BoonenAlberto ContadorAlejandro ValverdeFabian CancellaraFausto CoppiGeraint ThomasJan UllrichMarco PantaniMarianne VosMark CavendishMathieu van der PoelPeter SaganPrimož RogličRemco EvenepoelTadej PogačarVincenzo NibaliWout van Aert
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
531Aussie said:
Bonehead down, and I think out. He instantly grabbed his collar bone, and didn't get up for ages.
It looked so innocuous, but I suppose it can sometimes happen like that.
not good![FONT=Helvetica]Belgian Classics specialist will miss Flanders, Roubaix [/FONT]
-
531Aussie said:
Bonehead down, and I think out. He instantly grabbed his collar bone, and didn't get up for ages.
It looked so innocuous, but I suppose it can sometimes happen like that.
It's often the seemingly simple falls that'll get ya. Froome and that simple touch of wheels at a time when the peloton was riding fairly easy was the first of two breaks that took him out of the Tour and Bertie and his hand slipping off the brake hoods ended up with him getting a knackered tibia... -
Style? That was a playboy poseur list.
Style - Jelle Nijdam smashing cnuts in a prologue or Luis Herrera climbing at full gas out of the saddle. Two examples of perfection on wheels that were forgotten and replaced with people that cared more about socks and the length of shirt sleeves.
All of the heavy hitters in the big EPO years (before the 50% HCT rule) looked ace on a bike.
-
Jelle Nijdam going off the front in the last 2km and holding off 200 riders was even more impressive. Or maybe the word is frightening.
-
I'd say impressive rather than frightening. Some would say Nijdams right hook was both frightening and impressive at 50kph
-
swampy1970 said:
All of the heavy hitters in the big EPO years (before the 50% HCT rule) looked ace on a bike.
Fernando Escartín and Luc Leblanc did 😉 -
steve said:
Fernando Escartín and Luc Leblanc did 😉
Leblanc also admitted to doping. -
I don't know why, but I'm looking forward to seeing Nibali get smashed by Contador in the Tirreno-Adriatico.
-
swampy1970 said:
I don't know why, but I'm looking forward to seeing Nibali get smashed by Contador in the Tirreno-Adriatico.
Hopefully its a good battle. Shame about froome pulling out though. -
531Aussie said:
In fact, make that "it's all over"
Yeah. Saved that on the HD for the annoying English flatmate when he gets back from wherever whenever. 😄 God they've been [censored].
I reckon there's gonna be some epic finals. NZ's to lose, for mine, then India, and close between Sooth Arfrica and Australia, but even any of the other finals teams just need to play at their best or with some luck, and and they can still topple any of those big names. Been a pretty good World Cup so far, even if it does drag on a tad in these minor rounds, but it's only gonna get better from this weekend. -
steve said:
Hopefully its a good battle. Shame about froome pulling out though.With all that traveling, I didn't have him down as the parental type. :p
-
That's awesum. While I was reading that 'ballad of the green berets' was playing in my head
-
I never thought I'd miss the sound of a helicopter :p
-
classic1 said:
Btw, Malcolm Elliott is right about the socks
Don't get me started. Ha. The worst thing Armstrong did was popularise long socks. 😄
I'm getting better: mine have been getting about a mm higher every year, but I'm still an '80s guy -
bbp said:
Yeah. Saved that on the HD for the annoying English flatmate when he gets back from wherever whenever. 😄 God they've been [censored].
I don't hate the Poms like others do, and I feel a bit sorry for them, but I suppose they weren't gunna go much further, anyway
-
I bet no one had Stuart Wagstaff
abc.net.au6297960Open ↗Or George's boss on Seinfeld, Mr Kruger
cinemablaze.commalcolm middle star daniel von bargen dead 64Open ↗
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 88 guests ·0 bots ·88 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.