Tommy Chong is 77 and has rectal cancer.
John Hurt had, or has, early-stage pancreatic cancer.
Tom Brokaw has multiple myeloma.
Valerie Harper has brain cancer (leptomeningeal carcinomatosis)
Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion
The Thread about Nothing....
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Australia and New Zealand
- Published
- 29 July 2006
- Last activity
- 6 June 2025
- Original author
- Hitchy
- Posts
- 81171
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 3,053,390
- Views / 30 days
- 10,117
- Topics
-
Crit racingTrack cyclingFTPHydrationIndoor trainersVO2 maxCarbon wheelsCranksetsBib shorts and chamoisCyclocrossDisc brakesPunctures and flatsTime trialsWorldTour teamsCarbon framesClimbingElectronic shiftingRace licensingRear derailleursSteel framesTaper and peakingWet weather gearClassics racingAluminium framesApps and softwareChain lube and cleaningConcussion and head injuryFoot pain while cyclingGran fondosGroup ridingNutritionRace-day nutritionReach and stackRim brakesRim depth and aeroSaddle soresTitanium framesTorque wrenchesTubeless tyresTyre pressureArm and leg warmersBamboo framesBike fitBikepackingBrake padsCantilever and V-brakesCleat positionCycling clothingCycling shoesDerailleur hangersDowntube shiftersE-bikesFat bikingFrame geometryFront derailleursGear indexingGiantGiro d’ItaliaHand and wrist painInner tubesNormalized powerNumbness and nerve issuesPower-to-weight ratioRim tape and valvesRoute planningSaddle heightShort cranksSingle-speed and fixed-gearSportive and fondo pacingStem lengthStrava segmentsTeam tacticsTraining for older ridersTubular tyresWheel weight vs aeroZone 2 trainingBike cleaningWheel buildingAchilles and tendon issuesAero positionAnti-doping in cyclingAsthma and cyclingBase trainingBelt drive systemsBianchiBike fit for back issuesBike lightsBMCBolt torque specsBottom bracket creakBottom bracketsBottom bracket standardsBreakaway tacticsBrooks saddlesBuying a used bikeCable routingCampagnoloCarbon rim brake trackCassettes and freewheelsCervéloChain lengthChainringsChain wearCoaster brakesCold and heat therapyCommutingContact pointsCrank arm lengthCustom frame buildingCycling and ageCycling and heart healthCycling capsCycling computersCycling jerseysCycling World ChampionshipsDomestiquesElectronic shifting firmwareERG modeFeltFixing a punctureFocusFolding bikesFrame cracksFrame paint and decalsFrame protection tapeFrame stiffnessFriction shiftingGeneral-classification ridersGlovesGravelGravel racingHandlebar widthHeadset serviceHeadtube standardsHeart rate trainingHelmetsHome workshop setupHub and axle standardsHub serviceHydraulic brake bleedingIndoor cyclingInternal gear hubsKids' cycling gearKnee painLocal club racingNational championshipsNight ridingOlympic cyclingPara-cyclingPedal choicePinarelloProfessional team equipmentRecumbent cyclingReplacing shift cablesReturning after a long breakReynolds and Columbus tubingRidleyRim brake pad compoundRoad racing tacticsSaddle choiceScottSeatpost complianceSeized partsShifter cable tensionShoulder and collarbone injuriesSmart trainersSpecializedSpoke countSpoke tensionStage racingStep-through bikesSupplementsSweet spot trainingThreshold trainingTouringTraining loadTrekTyre choiceTyre sidewall damageUCI rankings and pointsUrban ridingVelomobilesVintage component identificationVintage lugged framesVuelta a EspañaWheel bearing serviceWheel truingWide tyresWinter ridingWomen's professional racingYetiZwift and virtual ridingBody compositionGrand ToursTraining with powerWeight managementCadel EvansLance ArmstrongEddy MerckxBernard HinaultBradley WigginsChris FroomeGreg LeMondMiguel IndurainRichie PorteTom BoonenAlberto ContadorAlejandro ValverdeFabian CancellaraFausto CoppiGeraint ThomasJan UllrichMarco PantaniMarianne VosMark CavendishMathieu van der PoelPeter SaganPrimož RogličRemco EvenepoelTadej PogačarVincenzo NibaliWout van Aert
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Do you want me to change your picks? :-p
-
531Aussie said:
Tommy Chong is 77 and has rectal cancer.
John Hurt had, or has, early-stage pancreatic cancer.
Tom Brokaw has multiple myeloma.
Valerie Harper has brain cancer (leptomeningeal carcinomatosis)
Your very well researched list could be better than mine! :eek: -
Rock and Roll is a dangerous job in 2016. Another one tips over. Dallas Taylor, the drummer from Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.
Jeez, I read the article in a bit more depth, and the band's bassist Tim Drummond died last week as well. Someone add Neil Young to their list
-
steve said:
Your very well researched list could be better than mine! :eek:
I tells ya, it took a bit o' time. 😄 -
62vette said:
Rock and Roll is a dangerous job in 2016.
I watch a lot of docos, and yeah, heaps of actors and musos from "back in the day" died relatively young, I'd say mostly coz almost all of them smoked.
I was watching that long Dylan doco a few weeks ago (from 2005 or 2006), and he's about the only one who was in it who's still alive.
-
Dear Cunz.
Missing you all terribly. Not. I'm over at the TdU doing skids and [censored] in the hills. It's pretty warm over here. That's been nice. I love the theme song "Wheels in Motion". I've been to the Rapha pop-up store for the last three days running. They do coffee that's ok, and it's on the way home.
Driving a promo car tomorrow in the caravan. Should be a good day. We're going up the corkscrew in a car we don't own. SWEET.
I'll drop by with updates soon. For now.... pictures and [censored]: https://www.instagram.com/gplama/
<3 Lama.
-
Needs more naked women content
-
classic1 said:
Needs more naked women content
I'm not sure I agree with that observation. :-p -
And another rock'n'roll DPF!
http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2016/01/20/rock-legend-animal-dies-aged-66/
[may contain traces of unthruth]
-
gplama said:
Dear Cunz.
Missing you all terribly. Not. I'm over at the TdU doing skids and [censored] in the hills. It's pretty warm over here. That's been nice. I love the theme song "Wheels in Motion". I've been to the Rapha pop-up store for the last three days running. They do coffee that's ok, and it's on the way home.
Driving a promo car tomorrow in the caravan. Should be a good day. We're going up the corkscrew in a car we don't own. SWEET.
I'll drop by with updates soon. For now.... pictures and [censored]: https://www.instagram.com/gplama/
<3 Lama.
Stupendous!
-
Hi Cunz again!
Huge day in the car on Stage 3. Good mate Cycling Maven hooked along for the ride and caught a lot of it on camera. Should be a pisser of a video. People change when you hand out free [censored]. People become.... ANIMALS! haha
Went to the Zwift/Tiff Cromwell event too. That was ace. Maven got that on video too. He also asked how chicks [censored] on the bike. Top stuff. Can't wait to see the video of that too.
Big storms off the coast. I hope it pisses down all day tomorrow.
Off to watch a birdie ride for one hour tomorrow. Birdies Hour. Or did I misread that? Velodromes. Not fun.
Love to you all.
Lammy
-
gplama said:
Maven got that on video too. He also asked how chicks [censored] on the bike. Top stuff. Can't wait to see the video of that too.
Um: down their leg? Tubgirl on a bike would be mighty special, maybe that should be a test event at the Rio olympics.
-
No surprises it was Tyler Farrar upside down on the side of the road yesterday, then I saw this article this morning
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11577790
-
LOLz. What the flock
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11577991
-
62vette said:
LOLz. What the flock
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11577991
Everyone looks pretty stoked about all those sheeps :p
-
steve said:
Everyone looks pretty stoked about all those sheeps :p
Which one to pick first?
-
Here's our day in the Thule car ripping around on Stage 3.
-
Hello, everyone! I've been to Australia once and it was the most charming experience ever.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.