Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

The Thread about Nothing....

Started by Hitchy · · Last activity · 81171 posts · 3,052,816 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
29 July 2006
Last activity
6 June 2025
Original author
Hitchy
Posts
81171
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,052,816
Views / 30 days
9,543
Topics
Crit racingTrack cyclingFTPHydrationIndoor trainersVO2 maxCarbon wheelsCranksetsBib shorts and chamoisCyclocrossDisc brakesPunctures and flatsTime trialsWorldTour teamsCarbon framesClimbingElectronic shiftingRace licensingRear derailleursSteel framesTaper and peakingWet weather gearClassics racingAluminium framesApps and softwareChain lube and cleaningConcussion and head injuryFoot pain while cyclingGran fondosGroup ridingNutritionRace-day nutritionReach and stackRim brakesRim depth and aeroSaddle soresTitanium framesTorque wrenchesTubeless tyresTyre pressureArm and leg warmersBamboo framesBike fitBikepackingBrake padsCantilever and V-brakesCleat positionCycling clothingCycling shoesDerailleur hangersDowntube shiftersE-bikesFat bikingFrame geometryFront derailleursGear indexingGiantGiro d’ItaliaHand and wrist painInner tubesNormalized powerNumbness and nerve issuesPower-to-weight ratioRim tape and valvesRoute planningSaddle heightShort cranksSingle-speed and fixed-gearSportive and fondo pacingStem lengthStrava segmentsTeam tacticsTraining for older ridersTubular tyresWheel weight vs aeroZone 2 trainingBike cleaningWheel buildingAchilles and tendon issuesAero positionAnti-doping in cyclingAsthma and cyclingBase trainingBelt drive systemsBianchiBike fit for back issuesBike lightsBMCBolt torque specsBottom bracket creakBottom bracketsBottom bracket standardsBreakaway tacticsBrooks saddlesBuying a used bikeCable routingCampagnoloCarbon rim brake trackCassettes and freewheelsCervéloChain lengthChainringsChain wearCoaster brakesCold and heat therapyCommutingContact pointsCrank arm lengthCustom frame buildingCycling and ageCycling and heart healthCycling capsCycling computersCycling jerseysCycling World ChampionshipsDomestiquesElectronic shifting firmwareERG modeFeltFixing a punctureFocusFolding bikesFrame cracksFrame paint and decalsFrame protection tapeFrame stiffnessFriction shiftingGeneral-classification ridersGlovesGravelGravel racingHandlebar widthHeadset serviceHeadtube standardsHeart rate trainingHelmetsHome workshop setupHub and axle standardsHub serviceHydraulic brake bleedingIndoor cyclingInternal gear hubsKids' cycling gearKnee painLocal club racingNational championshipsNight ridingOlympic cyclingPara-cyclingPedal choicePinarelloProfessional team equipmentRecumbent cyclingReplacing shift cablesReturning after a long breakReynolds and Columbus tubingRidleyRim brake pad compoundRoad racing tacticsSaddle choiceScottSeatpost complianceSeized partsShifter cable tensionShoulder and collarbone injuriesSmart trainersSpecializedSpoke countSpoke tensionStage racingStep-through bikesSupplementsSweet spot trainingThreshold trainingTouringTraining loadTrekTyre choiceTyre sidewall damageUCI rankings and pointsUrban ridingVelomobilesVintage component identificationVintage lugged framesVuelta a EspañaWheel bearing serviceWheel truingWide tyresWinter ridingWomen's professional racingYetiZwift and virtual ridingBody compositionGrand ToursTraining with powerWeight managementCadel EvansLance ArmstrongEddy MerckxBernard HinaultBradley WigginsChris FroomeGreg LeMondMiguel IndurainRichie PorteTom BoonenAlberto ContadorAlejandro ValverdeFabian CancellaraFausto CoppiGeraint ThomasJan UllrichMarco PantaniMarianne VosMark CavendishMathieu van der PoelPeter SaganPrimož RogličRemco EvenepoelTadej PogačarVincenzo NibaliWout van Aert

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 79061–79080 of 81171
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Here you go beepers. I got all pro and did this ace certificate on this program I discovered on my iPad called word. You can type [censored] in it and everything. The stuff they can do with teknologie is amaze balls.

    [ATTACH=full]4667[/ATTACH]

    Image attached to The Thread about Nothing....
  2. Thanks mate.
    But yeah I did get all godbothery serious. Like uh.
    Didn't really want a medal.

    Man up?



  3. There were a lot of opiates consumed by some of those featured in the Day in the Life clip. To the detriment of some, particularly Brian Jones.

  4. And FFS, Rolf, Pierre and Betty! Will one of you just fall off the perch already!

  5. Hard to believe the Beatles were together for just over seven years. I've never been a massive fan (except for George), but I do appreciate how inventive and influential they were. Paul is still considered as one of the all-time great bass players. But as composers, how great were they, really...?

  6. paulambry said:

    Hard to believe the Beatles were together for just over seven years. I've never been a massive fan (except for George), but I do appreciate how inventive and influential they were. Paul is still considered as one of the all-time great bass players. But as composers, how great were they, really...?


    I think it's wonderfully simple songwriting, sometimes, but the trick is what you do with that. Which is era specific to a degree, but it's still about what you do with what you've got. I'm unappologetically a Beatles fan, I think it was exquisitely simple, and deserves it's accolades, and it still sounds energised. Dynamics, sure, wonderful production clarity, sure, such as enhances true enthusiasm, but more importantly a powerful group ethic built upon years spent honing a harmonic team spirit.

    Conversely, a band like the Shins can write a song that sounds so simple and pure; until you try to play along with it. It's a minefield of complexity, but it's still simple and beautiful, if from a different era.

    That's the [censored] that keeps me caring about music. Beauty comes with many flavours and colours.
    And at least two genders.

  7. paulambry said:


    I’ll explain this one. It’s funk. Of course it’s ace. Der.

  8. Oh and despite not participating I get a good deal of giggles out of the Deadpool. Don't stop cnuts.

  9. bbp said:

    [censored] it I'm going old school Aussie.
    It'd be a shame if he dies.



    And this band is the prefect example of what I was trying to say. I've met Jimmy a bunch of times over the years, and we've likely got a lot in common as retired wildmen, but I've also met Don Walker a few times over the years too, and he is the epitome of a gentleman. And that's the power in a band. Disparate interests, of course, and a common goal. Antagonism, cruelty even, untold, with relentless selfinterest, but with just enough in common, such that selfinterest becomes a group ethic.
    Uh. That's capitalism described. We're all doomed.
    Or not.
    What makes a band different from unfettered capitalism is that it is by definition a small group focussed on being creative, and entertaining, as opposed to a purely political or capitalist group. It's less likely to alienate the believers. Whatever, it seems more innocent and pure to me. Even if it's not always. But then I've never needed to rule the world.

  10. 87 million viewers say I might be wrong


  11. There could of course become a point where you feel entitled. You're famous. But you might just survive it all and simply enjoy it.


  12. Let's see what bands Trump can get to play him out of office.

  13. [censored] I've got a very serious day of work starting at 7am. Goodnight cnuts.

  14. ps Is the National Guard a band?
    Goodnight Portland.

  15. You've never heard of Tim Pierce, but with over a thousand studio tracks recorded, no small number of them important hits, you would have heard him. Like this one...

  16. classic1 said:

    I’ll explain this one. It’s funk. Of course it’s ace. Der.


    Yeah, true true. But the joy of Rick Beato's clip is the way he splits out all the parts Stevie plays. It's a stunning illustration of just how gifted Stevie is. On drums. On keyboard..s, plural. His voice. Composition. Arrangement. Production. What a virtuoso.

  17. So whatever happened to Curt Smith?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.