Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

The Thread about Nothing....

Started by Hitchy · · Last activity · 81171 posts · 3,054,077 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
29 July 2006
Last activity
6 June 2025
Original author
Hitchy
Posts
81171
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,054,077
Views / 30 days
10,804
Topics
Crit racingTrack cyclingFTPHydrationIndoor trainersVO2 maxCarbon wheelsCranksetsBib shorts and chamoisCyclocrossDisc brakesPunctures and flatsTime trialsWorldTour teamsCarbon framesClimbingElectronic shiftingRace licensingRear derailleursSteel framesTaper and peakingWet weather gearClassics racingAluminium framesApps and softwareChain lube and cleaningConcussion and head injuryFoot pain while cyclingGran fondosGroup ridingNutritionRace-day nutritionReach and stackRim brakesRim depth and aeroSaddle soresTitanium framesTorque wrenchesTubeless tyresTyre pressureArm and leg warmersBamboo framesBike fitBikepackingBrake padsCantilever and V-brakesCleat positionCycling clothingCycling shoesDerailleur hangersDowntube shiftersE-bikesFat bikingFrame geometryFront derailleursGear indexingGiantGiro d’ItaliaHand and wrist painInner tubesNormalized powerNumbness and nerve issuesPower-to-weight ratioRim tape and valvesRoute planningSaddle heightShort cranksSingle-speed and fixed-gearSportive and fondo pacingStem lengthStrava segmentsTeam tacticsTraining for older ridersTubular tyresWheel weight vs aeroZone 2 trainingBike cleaningWheel buildingAchilles and tendon issuesAero positionAnti-doping in cyclingAsthma and cyclingBase trainingBelt drive systemsBianchiBike fit for back issuesBike lightsBMCBolt torque specsBottom bracket creakBottom bracketsBottom bracket standardsBreakaway tacticsBrooks saddlesBuying a used bikeCable routingCampagnoloCarbon rim brake trackCassettes and freewheelsCervéloChain lengthChainringsChain wearCoaster brakesCold and heat therapyCommutingContact pointsCrank arm lengthCustom frame buildingCycling and ageCycling and heart healthCycling capsCycling computersCycling jerseysCycling World ChampionshipsDomestiquesElectronic shifting firmwareERG modeFeltFixing a punctureFocusFolding bikesFrame cracksFrame paint and decalsFrame protection tapeFrame stiffnessFriction shiftingGeneral-classification ridersGlovesGravelGravel racingHandlebar widthHeadset serviceHeadtube standardsHeart rate trainingHelmetsHome workshop setupHub and axle standardsHub serviceHydraulic brake bleedingIndoor cyclingInternal gear hubsKids' cycling gearKnee painLocal club racingNational championshipsNight ridingOlympic cyclingPara-cyclingPedal choicePinarelloProfessional team equipmentRecumbent cyclingReplacing shift cablesReturning after a long breakReynolds and Columbus tubingRidleyRim brake pad compoundRoad racing tacticsSaddle choiceScottSeatpost complianceSeized partsShifter cable tensionShoulder and collarbone injuriesSmart trainersSpecializedSpoke countSpoke tensionStage racingStep-through bikesSupplementsSweet spot trainingThreshold trainingTouringTraining loadTrekTyre choiceTyre sidewall damageUCI rankings and pointsUrban ridingVelomobilesVintage component identificationVintage lugged framesVuelta a EspañaWheel bearing serviceWheel truingWide tyresWinter ridingWomen's professional racingYetiZwift and virtual ridingBody compositionGrand ToursTraining with powerWeight managementCadel EvansLance ArmstrongEddy MerckxBernard HinaultBradley WigginsChris FroomeGreg LeMondMiguel IndurainRichie PorteTom BoonenAlberto ContadorAlejandro ValverdeFabian CancellaraFausto CoppiGeraint ThomasJan UllrichMarco PantaniMarianne VosMark CavendishMathieu van der PoelPeter SaganPrimož RogličRemco EvenepoelTadej PogačarVincenzo NibaliWout van Aert

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 17781–17800 of 81171
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey Paul,

    I had to check up on some conference times and it got me wondering which conference you are attending in Vegas.

    Could it be either;

    1/ World Piano Pedagogy
    2/ American Acadamy of Implant Dentistry
    3/ International Concrete Repair Institute
    4/ American Society of Tax Problem solvers
    5/ Theory of Constraints Intenational Certification Org
    6/ Black Data Processing Association- National Executive

    Then I found it........... Cheesfest.org......... and at Hooters of course!!

  2. Jono L said:

    I think I need some more cuddles. Just been informed no alcohol for 2 weeks minimum and I got 2 18th's this w/e ad one next w/e with supplied grog😠


    Here you go, another virtual cuddle for you [img]starwarsloser.infolove0047.gif[/img]

    And you can still have fun without the alcohol, you know. 😄

  3. Jono L said:

    OZ- Made a return to the tuesdee ride yet? I don't think I'l be there for a while with exams coming up and all...

    yeah, I did the last couple -- pretty busy. I even did last Thursday night in the rain!! Stoopid! I was about to go home, thinking no-one would show, then I saw 25-odd guys coming up Kilby Rd. So I thought if they were silly enough to do it, then so was I. 🙂 It was a bit [censored]; I'm not a good enough rider to stop my rear wheel slipping on the hills when I'm off the seat :p

  4. matagi said:

    NFW! I gave up on Bathurst ......

    Although the nurses had it on at work :p

    ...oo er, revhead nurses 🙂

  5. classic said:

    Here is the original Saronni World champ bike.


    One of those went for <$500 on ebay a coupla weeks ago. Looked to be in reasonable nick too.

  6. Gusboh said:

    Anyone who has storage difficulties with their steeds... Phantom is selling 4 bike racks for $50. They're normally about $200. Clicky

    Get em while they last.

    Beebs - looking at you mate, It'd look pretty sweet in your joint.


    Sold. Thanks mate.
    Looks like I've got an ultrahotty German totty moving in as a flatmate this week for a few months, you'll have to pop around more often for beers, and to um check out the new bike rack 😎 I could be in trouble for this choice, I get the feeling the GF's won't like it.

  7. bbp said:

    Sold. Thanks mate.
    Looks like I've got an ultrahotty German totty moving in as a flatmate this week for a few months, you'll have to pop around more often for beers, and to um check out the new bike rack 😎 I could be in trouble for this choice, I get the feeling the GF's won't like it.


    Why, its only a bike rack. :p

    [img]sub9.com.au.deltabottrack.jpg[/img]

  8. bbp said:

    One of the blokes working at the LBS was showing off his new track bike he'll be riding at the Masters, pursuit I think, an absolutely stunning full carbon monocoque Teschner beast with an awesome smoky red flame/grey/black airbrushed paint scheme. One of the meanest and nicest looking bikes I've ever seen I reckon.

    Wasnt Computer at Cranks in NSyd was it? Matching helmet with flame skull and red mohawk?

  9. GTP said:

    Hey Paul,

    I had to check up on some conference times and it got me wondering which conference you are attending in Vegas.

    Could it be either;

    1/ World Piano Pedagogy
    2/ American Acadamy of Implant Dentistry
    3/ International Concrete Repair Institute
    4/ American Society of Tax Problem solvers
    5/ Theory of Constraints Intenational Certification Org
    6/ Black Data Processing Association- National Executive

    Then I found it........... Cheesfest.org......... and at Hooters of course!!

    LOL!!!!!!!

  10. pshaw said:

    Wasnt Computer at Cranks in NSyd was it? Matching helmet with flame skull and red mohawk?


    That's the man. Although the mohawk's at least four different colours at the moment. He's a good mate of my RD wrecking friend, they used to love getting together to rip peoples legs off. He seems like a good bloke.

  11. matagi said:


    And you can still have fun without the alcohol, you know. 😄


    OH I know😄 , it's just the stingyness in me showing through, cause next time I'm out I'll be paying an arm and a leg for all this grog when I could've enjoyed an all you can drink buffet for free only a week before...but hey, [censored] happens.

    OZ- Sure you've heard it before, but.... keep you weight back when outta the saddle! Instead of trying to kneebash your handlebars try keeping ya arms straighter so you're pushed a bit away from the front...

  12. bbp said:

    Sold. Thanks mate.
    Looks like I've got an ultrahotty German totty moving in as a flatmate this week for a few months, you'll have to pop around more often for beers, and to um check out the new bike rack 😎 I could be in trouble for this choice, I get the feeling the GF's won't like it.


    Excellent. I propose a German bier night, to go with the checking out of the rack. We could even go to that German restaurant... 😄

  13. Jono L said:

    OZ- Sure you've heard it before, but.... keep you weight back when outta the saddle!...

    yeah, but while I was thinking about that, the little blokes were scooting away from me 🙂

    Jono L said:

    .....instead of trying to kneebash your handlebars try keeping ya arms straighter so you're pushed a bit away from the front...

    that's one reason I went to 130mm stems; I nearly knocked the bars out of my hands a few times :p

  14. 531Aussie said:

    that's one reason I went to 130mm stems; I nearly knocked the bars out of my hands a few times :p


    That's a bit strange isn't it?
    Did your back complain about it?

  15. Jono L said:

    OH I know😄 , it's just the stingyness in me showing through, cause next time I'm out I'll be paying an arm and a leg for all this grog when I could've enjoyed an all you can drink buffet for free only a week before...but hey, [censored] happens.

    Geez if you are going to whinge about it, i'll get you a bottle of grog when going through Duty Free on my way back from watching Giro di Lombardia in person next week. Whats ur poison? :p

  16. Gusboh said:

    That's a bit strange isn't it?
    Did your back complain about it?


    I get the same problems with a stem shorter than 120.. Problem with havng long legs and a short torso...and a [censored] pedalling technique:p

  17. Gusboh said:

    That's a bit strange isn't it?
    Did your back complain about it?

    nah, I was already using 120, so I just moved the STIs back a little with the 130

  18. Jono L said:

    I get the same problems with a stem shorter than 120.. Problem with havng long legs and a short torso...and a [censored] pedalling technique:p

    same here. I usually have to shorten my bib straps a little. It was a drag trying to fit the 177.5mm cranks on my smaller bikes without smashing my knees on the bars

  19. We're packing up the family truckster and driving up to Pt Macquarie for a bit of a holiday at the end of the week. That's a bit further north than where all youse Central Coasties hang out isn't it?

  20. Wilchemy said:

    We're packing up the family truckster and driving up to Pt Macquarie for a bit of a holiday at the end of the week. That's a bit further north than where all youse Central Coasties hang out isn't it?

    Prolly 3, 3 & half hours further & half of that is 110 kph limit

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.