The Top 10 Dirtiest Restaurants

"Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Go Burger King!
>
> http://www.msnbc.com/news/992692.asp?0cv=CB20

I noticed Subway also made the list. My sister works at Subway and she says the manager there is a
"clean freak" but that another subway down the road from there is filthy. She went over there to
work one day because they needed another person and she said their bread pans were all encrusted
with old charred on bread, causing the new bread being baked in them to be smaller.

-Rubystars

one thing that pisses me off about subway is the idiots at most everyone i go to handle food with
their BARE HANDS! Hello! Yuck!

That's why i now go to jason's deli or quizno's.

Megan

"Rubystars" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Go Burger King!
> >
> > http://www.msnbc.com/news/992692.asp?0cv=CB20
>
> I noticed Subway also made the list. My sister works at Subway and she says the manager there is a
> "clean freak" but that another subway down the road from there is filthy. She went over there to
> work one day because they needed another person and she said their bread pans were all encrusted
> with old charred on bread, causing the new bread being baked in them to be smaller.

Complaining helps and is easier then ever ( lol, what an ugly sounding statement ).

Most franchises have a corporate web site that you can email and who will contact the head of the
local franchise( they do not want their image spoiled ).

Takes 10min and you might prevent somone from getting sick.

Steve

"Megan Milligan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> one thing that pisses me off about subway is the idiots at most everyone i go to handle food with
> their BARE HANDS! Hello! Yuck!
>
> That's why i now go to jason's deli or quizno's.
>
> Megan

That is yucky! Thankfully the ones I've been in have the people wearing thin plastic gloves that
they put on from a box of them when they're ready to make sandwiches.

-Rubystars

One time I went to subway and the guy making the sandwich was doing the "barking dog" cough into the
metal basins where they kept the food for the sandwiches. We paid, not saying a word, walked out and
believe it or not, there WAS a dog at the door. We gave the sandwich to the dog. Hope the dog
survived. That's been 10 years ago. We have not been back to subway.

Dee

"Megan Milligan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:5q8ub.11942$cX1.2139@fed1read02...
> one thing that pisses me off about subway is the idiots at most everyone i go to handle food with
> their BARE HANDS! Hello! Yuck!
>
> That's why i now go to jason's deli or quizno's.
>
> Megan

"Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Rubystars" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Go Burger King!
> > >
> > > http://www.msnbc.com/news/992692.asp?0cv=CB20
> >
> > I noticed Subway also made the list. My sister works at Subway and she
says
> > the manager there is a "clean freak" but that another subway down the
road
> > from there is filthy. She went over there to work one day because they needed another person and
> > she said their bread pans were all encrusted
with
> > old charred on bread, causing the new bread being baked in them to be smaller.
>
> Complaining helps and is easier then ever ( lol, what an ugly sounding statement ).
>
> Most franchises have a corporate web site that you can email and who will contact the head of the
> local franchise( they do not want their image spoiled ).
>
> Takes 10min and you might prevent somone from getting sick.
>
> Steve

Yeah, but there's no way a regular customer would know about the way they bake bread. I only know
second hand because my sister worked over there for a few days when they needed extra help.

Maybe she can call and report what was going on.

I did notice a long time ago when we used to go to that one (before they built one closer) that
their bread had gotten smaller. I didn't know why until now. *L* I never got sick from it though.

-Rubystars

"Megan Milligan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> one thing that pisses me off about subway is the idiots at most everyone i go to handle food with
> their BARE HANDS! Hello! Yuck!
>
> That's why i now go to jason's deli or quizno's.
>
> Megan

Megan, What do you get at Jason's Deli? We have one nearby but I haven't stopped in because I wasn't
sure about their bread or tortillas.

Rubystars wrote:

> "Megan Milligan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:5q8ub.11942$cX1.2139@fed1read02...
>
>>one thing that pisses me off about subway is the idiots at most everyone i go to handle food with
>>their BARE HANDS! Hello! Yuck!
>>
>>That's why i now go to jason's deli or quizno's.
>>
>>Megan
>

> That is yucky! Thankfully the ones I've been in have the people wearing thin plastic gloves that
> they put on from a box of them when they're ready to make sandwiches.

That's how it's done at the Togos I go to.

It all depends on the workers. They are not exactly usually Ph.Ds, and it's the attitude of the
moment. I hate eating out and never send anything back unless I really know the place. They do
disgusting things to food.

The Subway near me is clean.

We have a great gourmet asian restaurant which makes great vegan soups!

Bob

Dee Randall wrote:

> One time I went to subway and the guy making the sandwich was doing the "barking dog" cough into
> the metal basins where they kept the food for the sandwiches. We paid, not saying a word, walked
> out and believe it or not, there WAS a dog at the door. We gave the sandwich to the dog. Hope the
> dog survived. That's been 10 years ago. We have not been back to subway.
>
> Dee
>
> "Megan Milligan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:5q8ub.11942$cX1.2139@fed1read02...
> > one thing that pisses me off about subway is the idiots at most everyone i go to handle food
> > with their BARE HANDS! Hello! Yuck!
> >
> > That's why i now go to jason's deli or quizno's.
> >
> > Megan

The nice thing about subway is that you see most of the food preparation.

When I was in school I worked in a lot of restaurants. The abuses you might see in a bad subway are
about 1/10 of what is out there in restaurants where you can't see what is going on.

Steve