The ultimate bicycle brand name

Ronaldo Jeremiah

Guest
I imagine two Japanese welders talking after making their first
frame...

"So, what should we call it?"

"We should call it something evocative - something that really tells
our customers just how light, how fast, this bicycle really is!"

"But what about English? English words are cool - let's call it
something in English!"

"You're right - that's a good idea. Flip open that English dictionary
over there and pick a cool sounding word..."

http://tinyurl.com/5uq5e

-RJ, sometime visitor to:

http://www.engrish.com/

That's a Japanese bike with Campy parts?!? I wonder what Shimano thinks of
that?

William Jones

"Ronaldo Jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I imagine two Japanese welders talking after making their first
> frame...
>
> "So, what should we call it?"
>
> "We should call it something evocative - something that really tells
> our customers just how light, how fast, this bicycle really is!"
>
> "But what about English? English words are cool - let's call it
> something in English!"
>
> "You're right - that's a good idea. Flip open that English dictionary
> over there and pick a cool sounding word..."
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5uq5e
>
> -RJ, sometime visitor to:
>
> http://www.engrish.com/

Los Angeles has an indoor wooden track? I was at the olympics in 84 and the
venue was an outdoor concrete number...in torrence I think.

Where is this track and when was it built? Looks incredible.

steve
--
"A man was severely injured today in the Knutsford area."

Benny Hill

William Jones wrote:

> That's a Japanese bike with Campy parts?!? I wonder what Shimano thinks of
> that?

Probably something unprintable about not being able to do better than
Ghibli wheels anytime in the last 20 years...

[email protected] (Ronaldo Jeremiah) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I imagine two Japanese welders talking after making their first
> frame...
>
> "So, what should we call it?"
> "We should call it something evocative - something that really tells
> our customers just how light, how fast, this bicycle really is!"
> "But what about English? English words are cool - let's call it
> something in English!"
> "You're right - that's a good idea. Flip open that English dictionary
> over there and pick a cool sounding word..."
> http://tinyurl.com/5uq5e
>
> -RJ, sometime visitor to:
>
> http://www.engrish.com/

Anchor Brewing Company?

"Wanda Coffee with tasty aroma for refined adults"
"Coolpis -- peach flavor!"

-Ken

"Ronaldo Jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I imagine two Japanese welders talking after making their first
> frame...
>
> "So, what should we call it?"
>
> "We should call it something evocative - something that really tells
> our customers just how light, how fast, this bicycle really is!"
>
> "But what about English? English words are cool - let's call it
> something in English!"
>
> "You're right - that's a good idea. Flip open that English dictionary
> over there and pick a cool sounding word..."
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5uq5e
>
> -RJ, sometime visitor to:
>
> http://www.engrish.com/

toeclips?

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:

> Los Angeles has an indoor wooden track? I was at the olympics in 84 and the
> venue was an outdoor concrete number...in torrence I think.
>
> Where is this track and when was it built? Looks incredible.
>
> steve

Just completed ADT Event Center, part of the new Home Depot Center on the
Cal State Dominguez Hill Campus, roughly 150 yards south of where the old
Olympic Velodrome sat.

http://www.homedepotcenter.com/venues/customadtevent.sps?iType=4176&icustompageid=6773

Schurmann 250m 45 degree siberian pine surface, air conditioned building.

http://www.velodromes.com/Los_Angeles.html

Mike Gladu, Cycling Photojournalist, Infinite HangTime Photography

[email protected] (Ronaldo Jeremiah) wrote:

> I imagine two Japanese welders talking after making their first
> frame...
>
> "So, what should we call it?"
>
> "We should call it something evocative - something that really tells
> our customers just how light, how fast, this bicycle really is!"
>
> "But what about English? English words are cool - let's call it
> something in English!"
>
> "You're right - that's a good idea. Flip open that English dictionary
> over there and pick a cool sounding word..."
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5uq5e

Made by Bridgestone.

http://www.anchor-bikes.com/04bikes/PHM9F.html

Mike G.
-

Mike Gladu, Cycling Photojournalist, Infinite HangTime Photography
Passport/C70 info: http://www.velodrome.com/HondaC70/HondaC70.html

in article [email protected], Mike Gladu at

> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] (Ronaldo Jeremiah) wrote:
>
>> I imagine two Japanese welders talking after making their first
>> frame...
>>
>> "So, what should we call it?"
>>
>> "We should call it something evocative - something that really tells
>> our customers just how light, how fast, this bicycle really is!"
>>
>> "But what about English? English words are cool - let's call it
>> something in English!"
>>
>> "You're right - that's a good idea. Flip open that English dictionary
>> over there and pick a cool sounding word..."
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/5uq5e

> Made by Bridgestone.
>
> http://www.anchor-bikes.com/04bikes/PHM9F.html
>
> Mike G.

Oh, no. Is Bridgestone Cycle Co. associated with Bridgestone Tires? I was
going to say, that's actually a very nice-looking bike.

-Sonarrat.

"Ronaldo Jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I imagine two Japanese welders talking after making their first
> frame...
>
> "So, what should we call it?"
>
> "We should call it something evocative - something that really tells
> our customers just how light, how fast, this bicycle really is!"
>
> "But what about English? English words are cool - let's call it
> something in English!"
>
> "You're right - that's a good idea. Flip open that English dictionary
> over there and pick a cool sounding word..."
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5uq5e

Bike is carbon fiber, fairly light, very stiff, The Japanese team is riding
them and a few of the Koreans, they have been out for about 5 years and can
only be bought in Japan. Made by Bridgestone

Dave

In article <[email protected]>, "Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> "Ronaldo Jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I imagine two Japanese welders talking after making their first
> > frame...
> >
> > "So, what should we call it?"
> >
> > "We should call it something evocative - something that really tells
> > our customers just how light, how fast, this bicycle really is!"
> >
> > "But what about English? English words are cool - let's call it
> > something in English!"
> >
> > "You're right - that's a good idea. Flip open that English dictionary
> > over there and pick a cool sounding word..."
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/5uq5e
> >
> > -RJ, sometime visitor to:
> >
> > http://www.engrish.com/

> toeclips?

Still pretty common in track racing.

--
tanx,
Howard

So far, so good, so what?

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

"Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Ronaldo Jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I imagine two Japanese welders talking after making their first
> > frame...
> >
> > "So, what should we call it?"
> >
> > "We should call it something evocative - something that really tells
> > our customers just how light, how fast, this bicycle really is!"
> >
> > "But what about English? English words are cool - let's call it
> > something in English!"
> >
> > "You're right - that's a good idea. Flip open that English dictionary
> > over there and pick a cool sounding word..."
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/5uq5e
> >
> > -RJ, sometime visitor to:
> >
> > http://www.engrish.com/

> toeclips?

He is using the MKS EXA pedal with a cleat that uses a 3 bolt hole pattern
like a LOOK cleat that also uses a pin lock mechanism in the back . You step
in push down and the cleat locks in. Toe straps keep you foot down and snug.
the are secure enough to use without toeclips
Dave

"William Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> That's a Japanese bike with Campy parts?!? I wonder what Shimano thinks

of
> that?
>
> William Jones

Probably just what Ernesto Colnago thinks about Rabobank hanging Shimano on
his frames.

> "Ronaldo Jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I imagine two Japanese welders talking after making their first
> > frame...
> >
> > "So, what should we call it?"
> >
> > "We should call it something evocative - something that really tells
> > our customers just how light, how fast, this bicycle really is!"
> >
> > "But what about English? English words are cool - let's call it
> > something in English!"
> >
> > "You're right - that's a good idea. Flip open that English dictionary
> > over there and pick a cool sounding word..."
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/5uq5e
> >
> > -RJ, sometime visitor to:
> >
> > http://www.engrish.com/

> "William Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > That's a Japanese bike with Campy parts?!? I wonder what Shimano thinks

> of
> > that?
> >
> > William Jones

> Probably just what Ernesto Colnago thinks about Rabobank hanging Shimano

on
> his frames.

That is actually Ernesto Colnago's preference as he has had a long standing
animosoty wirth Campagnolo

Dave

"Dave H" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> That is actually Ernesto Colnago's preference as he has had a long

standing
> animosoty wirth Campagnolo

Is that why he has on occasion manufactured his own cranksets? I could have
sworn about a dozen years ago I saw one with a * 6 * arm spider.

"Dave H" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...

> "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "William Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > That's a Japanese bike with Campy parts?!? I wonder what Shimano

thinks
> > of
> > > that?
> > >
> > > William Jones

> > Probably just what Ernesto Colnago thinks about Rabobank hanging Shimano

> on
> > his frames.

> That is actually Ernesto Colnago's preference as he has had a long

standing
> animosoty wirth Campagnolo
>
> Dave

Then why does the team bearing Colnago's name (Landbouwkrediet-Colnago) use
campagnolo?

There are more Italian bikes with Shimano parts: Willier, formerly Fassa's
Pinarellos bikes, Carrera...

On 07/31/2004 11:05 PM, in article [email protected],
"Dave H" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "William Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> That's a Japanese bike with Campy parts?!? I wonder what Shimano thinks

>> of
>>> that?
>>>
>>> William Jones

>> Probably just what Ernesto Colnago thinks about Rabobank hanging Shimano

> on
>> his frames.

> That is actually Ernesto Colnago's preference as he has had a long standing
> animosoty wirth Campagnolo

All Colnago sponsored teams use Shimano ...

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com