Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Thinking about a HRM (Alienator bug off...).

Started by Volnix · · Last activity · 26 posts · 2,311 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
19 November 2013
Last activity
29 November 2013
Original author
Volnix
Posts
26
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,311
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–26 of 26
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "I'm sure I could find a doctor who would backdate my TUE."

    I know this guy named, "Hein" and he can...

    "GPS looks tempting."

    It's one of the 'new cool features' of cycling. 11-speeds, brake-shifters, HRM's & GPS, clipless pedals...how did I ever ride without them?!?!

    I hope the steroids improve your lung function and for some, unxeplained reason you kick some ass at the next race.

  2. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
    "I'm sure I could find a doctor who would backdate my TUE."

    I know this guy named, "Hein" and he can...

    "GPS looks tempting."

    It's one of the 'new cool features' of cycling. 11-speeds, brake-shifters, HRM's & GPS, clipless pedals...how did I ever ride without them?!?!

    I hope the steroids improve your lung function and for some, unxeplained reason you kick some ass at the next race.

    And you can do it all on the Iphone or Android with a couple of Blue tooth gismos.
    Just pulled the trigger on a Cycleops 420 indoor bike which will be connecting to my laptop. On my bicycles, all the computers are coming off.

  3. The 220 minus your age estimate, even if using heart rate reserve, has been largely discredited. If your MD has set a an HR maximum due to disease, I would certainly follow that advice. Your maximum HR is the highest number you have ever seen on your monitor.

  4. CAMPYBOB said:

    "I'm sure I could find a doctor who would backdate my TUE." I know this guy named, "Hein" and he can... "GPS looks tempting." It's one of the 'new cool features' of cycling. 11-speeds, brake-shifters, HRM's  & GPS, clipless pedals...how did I ever ride without them?!?! I hope the steroids improve your lung function and for some, unxeplained reason you kick some ass at the next race.Â

    So the GPS is to find Hein, right? ... Now you know why the Garmin Sharps (please dispose of carefully) team is hooked up with those sponsors.

  5. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
    It's one of the 'new cool features' of cycling. 11-speeds, brake-shifters, HRM's & GPS, clipless pedals...how did I ever ride without them?!?!

    I hope the steroids improve your lung function and for some, unxeplained reason you kick some ass at the next race.

    I don't race, but I'd like to kick some 45-year-old Fred ass again.

    Regarding "new cool features," I was dragged kicking and screaming into clipless pedals and computers in the late '90s, and I still monitor my cadence with a watch. My poor old feet are grateful, though, for shoes that fit and losing the toeclips.

  6. Apart for the old Time TBT pedals, I've never been really happy with clipless pedals. I sometimes wish that clips/straps were more commonly available. Cadence. I monitored that once... Same with mileage - I only really bother with that if doing a ride I've never been on before. As long as it doesn't go to zero, I ain't to concerned about my HR either while on the bike. I'll take resting heart rate at the weekends when I get a chance to sleep in and I'm not startled from my sleep before 5am to go to work... The only metrics I really care about are time, power and speed.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.