Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Thinking about mountain biking again

Started by Trekkie Dad · · Last activity · 37 posts · 966 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
14 June 2004
Last activity
18 June 2004
Original author
Trekkie Dad
Posts
37
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
966
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–37 of 37
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Trekkie Dad said:

    After I broke my collarbone mountain biking last July--cancelling a
    vacation and losing seven weeks of summer riding--I went almost 100%
    roadie. The story can be found at www.tahoebike.com if you look for the
    Loon Lake Loop link.

    Sounds like there aren't a lot of blind corners where you live (flat!),
    which is nice for a roadie. It makes me really nervous on corners where I
    can hear a car coming but I know he/he can't see me. I prefer to stay
    off-road and ride more conservatively these days - these old bones are
    brittle, and people depend on me to stay in one piece!

    --
    -BB-
    To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,

    BB said:
    Trekkie Dad said:

    I'll be up in Oregon twice this summer--first on family business near
    McMinnville, and second on a (road) bike tour with the Sacramento
    Wheelmen. On both trips I'll be seeing a fair amount of the coast.

    If you want to try Hagg Lake again (without the 22-mile pre-ride!) when
    you're in McMinnville, let me know. I haven't been riding a lot this year,
    but its now starting to dry out. There are some other nice rides with big
    trees not too much farther away.

    If it's at all possible, I'll try to make it happen. Departure date will
    probably be the week of July 11. I'll probably be in the McM area the
    following weekend. Send me a private email with a phone#, and I'll do
    the same.

    TD

    --
    [email hidden]
    World Without Cars Dictionary of Vandemisms (2001) is available at:
    http://trekkiedad.freeservers.com/wwc.html
    ICQ# available on request

  3. Trekkie Dad said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Carla A-G said:

    Hey TD, how's things? I was wondering what happened to you...

    After I broke my collarbone mountain biking last July--cancelling a
    vacation and losing seven weeks of summer riding--I went almost 100%
    roadie. The story can be found at www.tahoebike.com if you look for the
    Loon Lake Loop link.

    TD

    TD, let me know if you make it around these parts some day. I think you
    trip this way was canceled after crash, or am I wrong?

    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
    (remove ".nospam" to reply)

  4. [email hidden] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Doug Taylor <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    But then a mountain biker who doesn't ride a road bike has no legs

    What a crock of [censored]: http://mattb.net/images/2004-06/docTopTraverse.JPG

    Last time I saw a leg like that it was in a bucket of chicken.

    Quoted message said:


    JD pissing on hickey's "lungs" statement as well

  5. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Craig Brossman said:

    TD, let me know if you make it around these parts some day. I think you
    trip this way was canceled after crash, or am I wrong?

    Right. I crashed just a couple of days before we were supposed to leave.
    We'll probably schedule the trip for next year. This year I have family
    business in Oregon, so we're heading north instead of south and east.

    TD

    --
    [email hidden]
    World Without Cars Dictionary of Vandemisms (2001) is available at:
    http://trekkiedad.freeservers.com/wwc.html
    ICQ# available on request

  6. in article [email hidden], Jonesy at
    [email hidden] wrote on 6/15/04 9:46 AM:

    Quoted message said:

    Trekkie Dad <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    It's been a long time....

    Me too, I've been off the bike for 5 or 6 . . . . . .hours.

    Jones'n all over again. O.K., O.K............I'm riding again Friday. Are
    you coming Sorni?

    YO Trekkie............................ And you have been off the loose,
    squirrelly, rocky, slippery, bumpy, sandy surface for how long..????

    Well I hope you are doing more than just thinking about it,
    get back on it...........

    With the roadie conditioning you should be able to haul ass over us
    hammerheads!

    Enjoy the dirt.

    Mtbchip
    San Diego

  7. Trekkie Dad <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    (Jonesy) said:

    Trekkie Dad <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    It's been a long time....

    Indeed.

    Welcome back, and stay away from MJV. 🙂

    And from James Annan, si vous plait. :P

    And dump that damn K2. Get a nice, red Trek.

    [duck-and-hide]

    JO will hunt you down for that one. 🙂

    JO? Who is JO? JO meant Jack-Off when I was in grade school. Maybe
    you mean Jerry O'Daniels? LOL.

    Quoted message said:

    I know about mikey, but the other dude I've never heard of. Popular
    newsgroups like this always have their share of lunatics.

    I could have *sworn* that you were one of the folks who argued with
    James about the disk brake front wheel ejection issue. Goto
    rec.bicycles.tech and search on his name. Just in the last year.
    Woo-hoo. 🙂
    --
    Jonesy "good to see you, get riding on dirt ASAP"

  8. mtbchip said:


    Jones'n all over again. O.K., O.K............I'm riding again
    Friday. Are you coming Sorni?

    Well, our regular Wednesday night ride is the so-called Peter North Loop
    (Penis w/extension), so not sure I'll want to do it again Friday AM. We'll
    see...

    Bill "although I like idea of starting at Cantina" S.

  9. [email hidden] (R.White) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Doug Taylor <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    But then a mountain biker who doesn't ride a road bike has no legs

    What a crock of [censored]: http://mattb.net/images/2004-06/docTopTraverse.JPG

    Last time I saw a leg like that it was in a bucket of chicken.

    So what you are telling us is that you buy buckets of chicken just to
    hump the legs in it?

    JD

  10. JD said:

    [email hidden] (R.White) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (JD) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Doug Taylor <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > But then a mountain biker who doesn't ride a road bike has no legs

    What a crock of [censored]:
    http://mattb.net/images/2004-06/docTopTraverse.JPG

    Last time I saw a leg like that it was in a bucket of chicken.

    So what you are telling us is that you buy buckets of chicken just to
    hump the legs in it?

    JD

    So you're not upset he doesn't find you attractive? That's a relief!

    Matt

  11. "MattB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    JD said:

    [email hidden] (R.White) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (JD) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...
    > Doug Taylor <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >> But then a mountain biker who doesn't ride a road bike has no legs
    >
    > What a crock of [censored]:
    > http://mattb.net/images/2004-06/docTopTraverse.JPG

    Last time I saw a leg like that it was in a bucket of chicken.

    So what you are telling us is that you buy buckets of chicken just to
    hump the legs in it?

    JD

    So you're not upset he doesn't find you attractive? That's a relief!

    Matt

    Nah, he's obviously got a "thing" for duhski anyways. One of his
    recent posts appeared to be making a date with howdy duhski in eerie.

    JD

  12. [email hidden] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (R.White) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Doug Taylor <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > But then a mountain biker who doesn't ride a road bike has no legs

    What a crock of [censored]: http://mattb.net/images/2004-06/docTopTraverse.JPG

    Last time I saw a leg like that it was in a bucket of chicken.

    So what you are telling us is that you buy buckets of chicken just to
    hump the legs in it?

    The mental image is fantastic. LOL!

    Me? I'm a breast man.
    --
    Jonesy "hey, these taste like chicken..."

  13. [email hidden] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (R.White) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Doug Taylor <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > But then a mountain biker who doesn't ride a road bike has no legs

    What a crock of [censored]: http://mattb.net/images/2004-06/docTopTraverse.JPG

    Last time I saw a leg like that it was in a bucket of chicken.

    So what you are telling us is that you buy buckets of chicken just to
    hump the legs in it?

    That's pretty funny considering you've just about worn Dan V's leg out.

  14. [email hidden] (R.White) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (R.White) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
    > Doug Taylor <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > > But then a mountain biker who doesn't ride a road bike has no legs
    >
    > What a crock of [censored]: http://mattb.net/images/2004-06/docTopTraverse.JPG

    Last time I saw a leg like that it was in a bucket of chicken.

    So what you are telling us is that you buy buckets of chicken just to
    hump the legs in it?

    That's pretty funny <snip evidence of ricky's prescription running out>

    Because it's true? Keep humpin' away, ricky. You funny.

    JD

  15. [email hidden] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (R.White) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (R.White) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
    > [email hidden] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
    > > Doug Taylor <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > > > But then a mountain biker who doesn't ride a road bike has no legs
    > >
    > > What a crock of [censored]: http://mattb.net/images/2004-06/docTopTraverse.JPG
    >
    > Last time I saw a leg like that it was in a bucket of chicken.

    So what you are telling us is that you buy buckets of chicken just to
    hump the legs in it?

    That's pretty funny considering you've just about worn Dan V's leg out.

    Because it's true? Keep humpin' away, ricky. You funny.

    You two have any names picked out? How about JDan.

  16. [email hidden] (R.White) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (R.White) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
    > [email hidden] (R.White) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
    > > [email hidden] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
    > > > Doug Taylor <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > > > > But then a mountain biker who doesn't ride a road bike has no legs
    > > >
    > > > What a crock of [censored]: http://mattb.net/images/2004-06/docTopTraverse.JPG
    > >
    > > Last time I saw a leg like that it was in a bucket of chicken.
    >
    > So what you are telling us is that you buy buckets of chicken just to
    > hump the legs in it?

    That's pretty funny <snip more of ricky's psychoses>

    Because it's true? Keep humpin' away, ricky. You funny.

    You two have any names picked out? How about JDan.

    Your meds are calling, ricky.

    JD

  17. [email hidden] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (R.White) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (R.White) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
    > [email hidden] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
    > > [email hidden] (R.White) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
    > > > [email hidden] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
    > > > > Doug Taylor <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > > > > > But then a mountain biker who doesn't ride a road bike has no legs
    > > > >
    > > > > What a crock of [censored]: http://mattb.net/images/2004-06/docTopTraverse.JPG
    > > >
    > > > Last time I saw a leg like that it was in a bucket of chicken.
    > >
    > > So what you are telling us is that you buy buckets of chicken just to
    > > hump the legs in it?
    >
    > That's pretty funny <snip more of ricky's psychoses>

    Because it's true? Keep humpin' away, ricky. You funny.

    You two have any names picked out? How about JDan.

    Your meds are calling, ricky.

    Yep, my new SS arrived today. Thanks for your concern.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.