General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Thinking on dinner tonight....

Started by kilikini · · Last activity · 24 posts · 215 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
23 June 2007
Last activity
24 June 2007
Original author
kilikini
Posts
24
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
215
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–24 of 24
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. BOB said:

    "BOBOBOnoBO®" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    news:[email hidden]

    Quoted message said:
    BOB said:

    "kilikini" wrote in message
    > Well, the salsa is made and the hubby declares it delicious.
    > Unfortunately, he says all it needs is a day to "marry". I know
    > this, but we're going to make do. We ended up using peaches,
    > onion, cilantro, lime, plums and cantaloupe. It's sweet with a
    > nice tang.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > kili

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I bet that would be good on almost any sort of fish. Grilled would
    be good. Definitely *not* fried.

    Quoted message said:

    Do you have something against frying?

    Sometimes.
    I really don't think this salsa would be good with anything breaded and
    fried.
    Grilled, yes, but not fried.


    You had just advised me against frying the flank steak.

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    BOB
    though, personally, I'd be very light-handed with the cilantro

    Quoted message said:

    Cilantro should be served as a condiment. Let people add their own.
    A lot of us don't like it.

    Good point, but sometimes it needs to be mixed in with (whatever) to let the
    flavors "marry".

    Miscegenation?

    Quoted message said:


    BOB

    --Bryan

  2. On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 12:09:55 -0700, BOBOBOnoBO® <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    BOB said:

    "kilikini" wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    Well, the salsa is made and the hubby declares it delicious.
    Unfortunately, he says all it needs is a day to "marry". I know
    this, but we're going to make do. We ended up using peaches, onion,
    cilantro, lime, plums and cantaloupe. It's sweet with a nice tang.

    Quoted message said:

    kili

    I bet that would be good on almost any sort of fish. Grilled would be good.
    Definitely *not* fried.

    Do you have something against frying?

    Quoted message said:


    BOB
    though, personally, I'd be very light-handed with the cilantro

    Cilantro should be served as a condiment. Let people add their own.
    A lot of us don't like it.


    Yabut, Killi wasn't cooking for those people. Her target person
    declared it delicious.
    --

    modom

    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

  3. kilikini said:
    BOBOBOnoBO® said:
    BOB said:

    "kilikini" wrote in message
    > Well, the salsa is made and the hubby declares it delicious.
    > Unfortunately, he says all it needs is a day to "marry". I know
    > this, but we're going to make do. We ended up using peaches, onion,
    > cilantro, lime, plums and cantaloupe. It's sweet with a nice tang.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > kili

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I bet that would be good on almost any sort of fish. Grilled would
    be good. Definitely *not* fried.

    Quoted message said:

    Do you have something against frying?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    BOB
    though, personally, I'd be very light-handed with the cilantro

    Quoted message said:

    Cilantro should be served as a condiment. Let people add their own.
    A lot of us don't like it.

    Quoted message said:

    --Bryan

    Well, it was just the two of us and we like it, so....I forgot to mention
    that I used serrano chilis in there, too.

    Sure. I was just thinking of salsa people make for parties. Another
    pet peeve is pre-made sandwiches that come pre-slathered with mayo or
    honey mustard.

    Quoted message said:


    kili

    --Bryan

  4. modom (palindrome guy) said:
    Quoted message said:


    Cilantro should be served as a condiment. Let people add their own.
    A lot of us don't like it.


    Yabut, Killi wasn't cooking for those people. Her target person
    declared it delicious.
    --

    modom

    And he's using the rest on his burger tonight. A citrus salsa burger? Oh
    well.

    kili

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.