This year's big race?

Tom Henderson

Guest
OK, so what's everyone's BIG race of the year this year? You know, the one that the rest of your
training and races are really built around.

For me, it's GCT in May.

Since that's so early in the year, the rest of the season will be spent attempting to un-train
myself to run so slow from the marathon and see if I can do something faster at the Santa Rosa
Island Tri (sprint) in September.

How 'bout you?

On 3/11/03 6:16 AM, in article, "Tom Henderson" wrote:

> OK, so what's everyone's BIG race of the year this year? You know, the one that the rest of your
> training and races are really built around.

Duke Blue Devil, Oct. 11 (My first IM - all advice is welcome)

Tom Henderson <[email protected]> wrote:

>OK, so what's everyone's BIG race of the year this year? You know, the one that the rest of your
>training and races are really built around.
>
>For me, it's GCT in May.
>
>Since that's so early in the year, the rest of the season will be spent attempting to un-train
>myself to run so slow from the marathon and see if I can do something faster at the Santa Rosa
>Island Tri (sprint) in September.
>
>How 'bout you?

IMUSA, Lake Placid, July. This will be my 7th IM, all since turning 50 in 1998.

Mike Tennent "IronPenguin"

"Tom Henderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> OK, so what's everyone's BIG race of the year this year? You know, the one that the rest of your
> training and races are really built around.
>
> For me, it's GCT in May.
>
> Since that's so early in the year, the rest of the season will be spent attempting to un-train
> myself to run so slow from the marathon and see if
> can do something faster at the Santa Rosa Island Tri (sprint) in
September.

> How 'bout you?

Great Floridian 1/2 October 25th.

Tom Henderson wrote:
> OK, so what's everyone's BIG race of the year this year? You know, the one that the rest of your
> training and races are really built around.

Queenstown this weekend, over 400 athletes for the NZ National Triathlon championships. (Yes I
know that's not a huge race by other standards, but there's only 4 million in NZ and it's a
minority sport.)

Then even bigger, Queenstown for the world champs in December. Best scenery and hardest course for
any triathlon world champs, guaranteed. Anyone who doesn't bring a wetsuit is gonna freeze...anyone
who can't handle hills or tight corners is gnna be OTB on the bike.

STF

Tom Henderson wrote:

> OK, so what's everyone's BIG race of the year this year? You know, the one that the rest of your
> training and races are really built around.
>
> For me, it's GCT in May.
>
> Since that's so early in the year, the rest of the season will be spent attempting to un-train
> myself to run so slow from the marathon and see if I can do something faster at the Santa Rosa
> Island Tri (sprint) in September.
>
> How 'bout you?

My big race is IM Switzerland on July 27. This will be my first IM. Another goal is the (Swiss)
VW Circuit. This is a 7 race series over olympic distance. Your four best results counts for
overall ranking.

Felix http://home.tiscalinet.ch/weilenmann/Sport