Skip613 said:Yes I understand about the fit. A coworker has a 54cm Fuji. He is going to compare it to the Motobecane to see if it is close. I can take that for a test ride. I have been fortunate in not having chronic pain with any job or exercise. So as long as the bike is not too big, I'm only 5'5. I think I could adjust to the geometry.
I am more concerned with the the price of the bike. It seems very inexpensive compared to all the other bikes I have been looking at.
When I bought the crosstrail in the spring I was just thinking about losing weight. I didn't realized I would fall in love with biking itself.
Should I be afraid of the price?
FWIW. IMO, at your height, if you do buy the Motobecane Le Champion (or, any ROAD bike), you should probably choose the 51cm frame (i.e., a bike with a frame whose top tube is closest to ~52cm) rather than a larger frame (in case you were thinking of a bike with a 54cm frame, which is the impression you have given ... to me, at least) ...
While you could certainly ride a bike with a 54cm frame AND one aspect of frame sizing is cosmetic, when in doubt, IMO, choosing a frame that is slightly smaller is marginally better than choosing-and-using one which is slightly larger than whatever you perceive to be the ideal size for you UNLESS a person is 17-years-old-or-younger-and-likely-to-grow-more (which you aren't).
If I needed (to buy) a bike, I would not hesitate to buy/ride a Motobecane ... but, I know how to adjust almost any bike to suit 'me' & my riding needs.