rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Timbob's Awsome KH seat

Started by timbob1907 · · Last activity · 27 posts · 413 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
27 December 2006
Last activity
28 December 2006
Original author
timbob1907
Posts
27
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
413
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 27
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. So I got a KH cf base for christmas and am about to drill it and such.
    Its alot of money so encouragement and advice would be helpful. Hope i
    dont mess it up and will post progress as i get farther it should be
    awsome. I know there is a search function for advice on this i just
    want to do it anyway and post my progress. Off to start working.

    --
    timbob1907

    forrestunifreak said:

    I'm addicted to placebo's. I should stop taking them, but
    it wouldn't matter anyway.

    Ducttape said:

    A cx? yeah..... the seat isn't really a seat it's a brick in
    disguise.....

    (\_/)
    O 0
    (><😉This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him on his
    way to world domination.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56125

  2. Okay so now, since i started this morning, i have drilled all of the
    holes and filed one of them so the carraige bolts will fit correctly.
    So now im halfway to finishing the bumper. 1/9th of the way there!

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: _DSC0003.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/16948 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    timbob1907

    forrestunifreak said:

    I'm addicted to placebo's. I should stop taking them, but
    it wouldn't matter anyway.

    Ducttape said:

    A cx? yeah..... the seat isn't really a seat it's a brick in
    disguise.....

    (\_/)
    O 0
    (><😉This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him on his
    way to world domination.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56125

  3. Looks good so far.

    --
    Borgschulze

    Sponsored by My Mom.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Borgschulze's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13501
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56125

  4. Okay I had already started the second hole and now im done with the
    bumper! Its a little crooked i know but it works and fits well enough.
    so now im 2/9ths done. two down seven to go. I probably wont finish
    it tonight since i have to go to work in 2 hours.🙁 oh well

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: _DSC0005.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/16950 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    timbob1907

    forrestunifreak said:

    I'm addicted to placebo's. I should stop taking them, but
    it wouldn't matter anyway.

    Ducttape said:

    A cx? yeah..... the seat isn't really a seat it's a brick in
    disguise.....

    (\_/)
    O 0
    (><😉This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him on his
    way to world domination.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56125

  5. So im 1/3 of the way done. Im starting on the handle part. Its going
    alot faster than i thought. My brother made one and his took a very
    long time. So i have six more to go in 1 hour and 45 min. I might
    make it!

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: _DSC0006.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/16951 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    timbob1907

    forrestunifreak said:

    I'm addicted to placebo's. I should stop taking them, but
    it wouldn't matter anyway.

    Ducttape said:

    A cx? yeah..... the seat isn't really a seat it's a brick in
    disguise.....

    (\_/)
    O 0
    (><😉This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him on his
    way to world domination.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56125

  6. Wow less than 5 minutes for that one im almost pro now.

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: _DSC0007.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/16952 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    timbob1907

    forrestunifreak said:

    I'm addicted to placebo's. I should stop taking them, but
    it wouldn't matter anyway.

    Ducttape said:

    A cx? yeah..... the seat isn't really a seat it's a brick in
    disguise.....

    (\_/)
    O 0
    (><😉This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him on his
    way to world domination.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56125

  7. easy turbo... don't want to screw up that beautiful carbon fiber.

    --
    zfreak220

    certified curb hopper 11-23-06

    iridemymuni said:

    i think everybody agrees when i say you lucky son of a [censored]


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    zfreak220's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11948
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56125

  8. 😄 Im not rushing( although i dont have much time) its just easier if
    you file fast so that it files smoothly. Well im 5/9ths there almost
    done with the handle but i probably wont finish today since i still
    need four or six washers for the seatpost and handle but ill get as far
    as i can.

    --
    timbob1907

    forrestunifreak said:

    I'm addicted to placebo's. I should stop taking them, but
    it wouldn't matter anyway.

    Ducttape said:

    A cx? yeah..... the seat isn't really a seat it's a brick in
    disguise.....

    (\_/)
    O 0
    (><😉This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him on his
    way to world domination.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56125

  9. Really appreciate the progress photos. Considering your time deadline,
    if you didn't stop to photograph and post to the forum, you'd be done
    by now and had plenty of time to test it out.

    --
    One on one

    "That's going to end up in somebody's sig." - rob.northcott
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One on one's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5740
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56125

  10. I kind of knew that i wouldnt be finished before i had to go to work and
    i would rather take the time to show my work( it doesnt take that long
    anyways)

    Any way i foud out that i made a very horrible error while ordering the
    bolts. I was going to buy for my friend his bolts for a miyata style
    and so had 9 bolts in my head and so i bought 9 of them just before i
    left for work i noticed that i dont have a miyata and never have. Its
    pretty much the dumbest mistake ever. So i need to go to the store
    again tomorrow and get one bolt and one nut and 6 washers. So with my
    corrections i am now 6/10ths of the way done. Since my brothers are
    still awake i will start on the seatpost holes now.

    --
    timbob1907

    forrestunifreak said:

    I'm addicted to placebo's. I should stop taking them, but
    it wouldn't matter anyway.

    Ducttape said:

    A cx? yeah..... the seat isn't really a seat it's a brick in
    disguise.....

    (\_/)
    O 0
    (><😉This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him on his
    way to world domination.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56125

  11. timbob1907 said:

    I kind of knew that i wouldnt be finished before i had to go to work and
    i would rather take the time to show my work( it doesnt take that long
    anyways)

    Any way i foud out that i made a very horrible error while ordering the
    bolts. I was going to buy for my friend his bolts for a miyata style
    and so had 9 bolts in my head and so i bought 9 of them just before i
    left for work i noticed that i dont have a miyata and never have. Its
    pretty much the dumbest mistake ever. So i need to go to the store
    again tomorrow and get one bolt and one nut and 6 washers. So with my
    corrections i am now 6/10ths of the way done. Since my brothers are
    still awake i will start on the seatpost holes now.

    dude, i am miyata style with a DG handle so I need 11 not 9
    ^ I am still wondering how you messed up (you have riden with a KH seat
    since the beginning)

    you'll be awake till you finish at like 3 in the morning won't you

    --
    torkerdx

    GILD said:

    If it was a naked young lady, would we be shouting about sexual
    objectification?

    gordito8me said:

    it's like running across the highway at rush hour. Dangerous, stupid,
    but not really that fun.

    skrobo said:

    i would rather ride a brick than have a folding tire


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    torkerdx's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12543
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56125

  12. so timbob and I have been in disagreement. after drilling the holes are
    you supposed to file the holes to be square or just pound the carraige
    bolts in?

    --
    torkerdx

    GILD said:

    If it was a naked young lady, would we be shouting about sexual
    objectification?

    gordito8me said:

    it's like running across the highway at rush hour. Dangerous, stupid,
    but not really that fun.

    skrobo said:

    i would rather ride a brick than have a folding tire


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    torkerdx's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12543
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56125

  13. Anyway, I finished the other one so im 7/10ths of the way done. Im
    going to sleep now since its almost 11:00 now. Ill try to finish it
    early tomorrow morning or something. Heres the pic and i take them and
    type all of this because after filing for that long i need a quick
    break. See you tomorrow morning.

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: _DSC0009.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/16953 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    timbob1907

    forrestunifreak said:

    I'm addicted to placebo's. I should stop taking them, but
    it wouldn't matter anyway.

    Ducttape said:

    A cx? yeah..... the seat isn't really a seat it's a brick in
    disguise.....

    (\_/)
    O 0
    (><😉This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him on his
    way to world domination.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56125

  14. Oh yeah its a bad picture but its too dark to get a better one that
    shows the holes

    --
    timbob1907

    forrestunifreak said:

    I'm addicted to placebo's. I should stop taking them, but
    it wouldn't matter anyway.

    Ducttape said:

    A cx? yeah..... the seat isn't really a seat it's a brick in
    disguise.....

    (\_/)
    O 0
    (><😉This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him on his
    way to world domination.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56125

  15. timbob1907 said:

    Anyway, I finished the other one so im 7/10ths of the way done. Im
    going to sleep now since its almost 11:00 now. Ill try to finish it
    early tomorrow morning or something. Heres the pic and i take them and
    type all of this because after filing for that long i need a quick
    break. See you tomorrow morning.

    Looks good. Keep in mind that filing a hole square can actually move
    the hole a little bit. You want to make sure that you don't
    accidentally move a hole so far that it no longer fits the seatpost.

    Best way to proceed is to file one hole square. Put all four bolts in
    and make sure they still line up with the holes in the seatpost. File
    the next hole square. Put all four bolts back in and make sure they
    still line up with the holes in the seatpost. Repeat for the remaining
    holes doing one hole at a time.

    If the holes aren't lining up you can take advantage of the fact that
    you can move the holes while filing them square. If things are further
    off you can turn the square into a rectangle and still be all good.
    You only need two or three sides of the square (or rectangle) to be
    flat and in contact with the shoulders of the carriage bolt to keep the
    bolt from spinning. So there is actually plenty of fudge room if the
    holes drift a little bit off while filing them. It's no big deal. I
    had to make a couple of rectangular holes (slots) in my CF seat to keep
    the seatpost holes lined up with the seatpost.

    --
    john_childs

    john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
    Team Dirty Muni
    Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
    'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
    'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    john_childs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/449
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56125

  16. john_childs said:

    If the holes aren't lining up you can take advantage of the fact that
    you can move the holes while filing them square. If things are further
    off you can turn the square into a rectangle and still be all good.
    You only need two or three sides of the square (or rectangle) to be
    flat and in contact with the shoulders of the carriage bolt to keep the
    bolt from spinning. So there is actually plenty of fudge room if the
    holes drift a little bit off while filing them. It's no big deal. I
    had to make a couple of rectangular holes (slots) in my CF seat to keep
    the seatpost holes lined up with the seatpost.

    This is a good tip which I may need to use. I bought my CF base and
    paid the vender to pre-drill and pre-file. Well, the pre-drilling was
    off, almost so much that I couldn't assemble the thing. If I ever take
    it apart again, which I will, I'll try this method of fudging.

    --
    steveyo

    steveyo

    ...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

    Check out my 'uni race write-ups'
    (http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    steveyo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7228
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56125

  17. john_childs said:

    Looks good. Keep in mind that filing a hole square can actually move
    the hole a little bit. You want to make sure that you don't
    accidentally move a hole so far that it no longer fits the seatpost.

    Best way to proceed is to file one hole square. Put all four bolts in
    and make sure they still line up with the holes in the seatpost. File
    the next hole square. Put all four bolts back in and make sure they
    still line up with the holes in the seatpost. Repeat for the remaining
    holes doing one hole at a time.

    Thanks. Yeah im filing one at a time and then making sure they still
    line up. If one hole needs moving i file that direction first and
    while filing i check to make sure im not drifting. The handle and
    bumper fit so far although it was extremely hard to take off the handle
    afterwards.

    So im now 8/10ths of the way there. Its going pretty good but i need
    to go to the store to get the washers and last bolt and nut.:p
    Heres the pic so far i need to go get the stuff now.

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: _DSC0010.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/16968 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    timbob1907

    forrestunifreak said:

    I'm addicted to placebo's. I should stop taking them, but
    it wouldn't matter anyway.

    Ducttape said:

    A cx? yeah..... the seat isn't really a seat it's a brick in
    disguise.....

    (\_/)
    O 0
    (><😉This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him on his
    way to world domination.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56125

  18. Well that took a while but now i have all the bolts, nuts and washers i
    will need. I bought 1/4 diameter and 3/4 length but they might not be
    long enough so i also bought 1 inch long ones. now i will file the last
    two holes and then i can put it together.

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: _DSC0011.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/16969 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    timbob1907

    forrestunifreak said:

    I'm addicted to placebo's. I should stop taking them, but
    it wouldn't matter anyway.

    Ducttape said:

    A cx? yeah..... the seat isn't really a seat it's a brick in
    disguise.....

    (\_/)
    O 0
    (><😉This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him on his
    way to world domination.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56125

  19. timbob1907 said:

    Well that took a while but now i have all the bolts, nuts and washers i
    will need. I bought 1/4 diameter and 3/4 length but they might not be
    long enough so i also bought 1 inch long ones. now i will file the last
    two holes and then i can put it together.

    cool!

    what kind of foam are you using?

    --
    mornish

    ivan said:

    I believe in the Invisible Pink Unicorn.

    mscalisi said:

    wait...invisible AND pink?

    'please... help save flightline'
    (http://www.rideflightline.com/save_the_trails.html)
    msn: mornish AT gmail DOT com
    aim: kiloornish
    email: mornish AT gmail DOT com
    ace bandages rock my socks
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56125

  20. Im using the KH street foam. It was pretty easy to get off because
    after a while the adhesive starts to weaken if you do seat out alot.
    Basically i just took some sissors to cut the tape where the tape was
    molded with the foam.

    So i just have one hole to go and then i can build it!

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: _DSC0012.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/16970 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    timbob1907

    forrestunifreak said:

    I'm addicted to placebo's. I should stop taking them, but
    it wouldn't matter anyway.

    Ducttape said:

    A cx? yeah..... the seat isn't really a seat it's a brick in
    disguise.....

    (\_/)
    O 0
    (><😉This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him on his
    way to world domination.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/56125

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.