Tinus Tinus, From Anorexia to Gold

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bruce Johnston, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Tinus Tinus, From Anorexia to Gold with Leontien Zijlaard Van Moorsel is a Dutch Production never
    shown here in America as far as I know. It is about the life and times of LZ-VM and her quest for
    Olympic gold at the 2000 Sydney games down under. Part one [Tinus-1.mpg] is 284 megs. Part two is
    coming. Working on a mirror, so be patient. Last Clip from Sydney posted almost melted the server.
    Should have part-two [Tinus-2.mpg] on line in a few days. Keep a lookout for the post. The whole
    thing will also be posted in a few days which is about 570 megs, 38 minutes, [Tinus.mpg] We are
    working on translating the script from Dutch into English, but seeing the video without English
    still speaks a thousand works. Post the script in a few weeks.

    I had a lot of requests for this one since the last clip. Lots of Dads out there want their
    daughters to see this one. I have gotten quite a few emails from women too, so I finally got it for
    them. I enjoyed this one a lot. This one is way better then the first one, so I expect a meltdown.
    Hopefully I can get the mirror going before the bandwidth is blown out. Hope to have this clip
    posted for a couple of days at least or more. I will post the mirror as soon as it comes online with
    part one and two, plus the whole thing in one part. Also clips from Spain of LZ-VM and other clips.
    Post the FTP address in a few days.

    Part one is available now at...

    http://www.mysteries-megasite.com/temp/

    http://www.mysteries-megasite.com/temp/Tinus-1.mpg

    Broadband connections are best for fast download, but with 56k modem, it would take about two days,
    with [resume] downloading to get all of the first part. Right click and use [save target as] to save
    to your hard drive for PC's.

    Support Women's cycling by requesting [WCP] World Cycling Productions to produce Women's Pro Road
    Racing videos at...

    [email protected]

    They have an active interest in promoting women's cycling but they won't commit to make some videos
    like [TDF] Tour De Femmes, Worlds, or other classic races such as showdowns between Longo and LZ-VM
    and a whole host of other races until they get more requests. Of course not to exclude the top women
    here in American as well, Brucker, Jeanson, Holden, Brandli, Laura Van Glider, and a host of others
    in some well made videos that folks could access here in the US. I would hope that WCP could at
    least do a few videos on the legends of women cycling. There are a group of us that are dedicated to
    Women's cycling including writers, photographers, journalists and freelancers who support the women.

    You emails to WCP will make all the different in the world. Even if you hate WCP, they have the
    resources to get the job done probably more then anyone else.

    Also you can send requests to Andréa Richard at the EStournal company. French Cycling Tour is an
    independent organization and are owners of all TV rights.

    http://www.velo-feminin.com

    Send your requests to Andréa Richard at [email protected] and ask the French to release this
    footage of the Tour De Femmes for production.

    thanks,

    Bruce

    Tags:

  2. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

    "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Support Women's cycling by requesting [WCP] World Cycling Productions to produce Women's Pro Road
    > Racing videos at...

    So on one hand you complain that there aren't enough companies producing videos about women's
    cycling, and on the other hand you fuck over one of the companies that does, by posting their
    production on the `net, violating their copyright. Or do you have their permission?

  3. It's not my mirror that was interested in carrying the clip. The host is doing it out of his own
    interest. I just shared with him what I had. He is doing all the posting out of his interest to help
    womens cycling and providing a clip that most cyclists wouldn't otherwise have access to. We asked
    OLN is they be interested in hosting the film and gave them the address for the source. But since
    it's in Dutch, I doubt it will ever make it in English to cable channels. WCP would probably not
    carry the Dutch one since it needs translation.

    B-

    -------------------

    " Tim Mullin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > Support Women's cycling by requesting [WCP] World Cycling Productions to produce Women's Pro
    > > Road Racing videos at...
    >
    > So on one hand you complain that there aren't enough companies producing videos about women's
    > cycling, and on the other hand you fuck over one of
    the
    > companies that does, by posting their production on the `net, violating their copyright. Or do you
    > have their permission?

  4. " Tim Mullin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:%[email protected]...

    > "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > It's not my mirror that was interested in carrying the clip. The host is doing it out of his own
    > > interest. I just shared with him what I had. He
    is
    > > doing all the posting out of his interest to help womens cycling and providing a clip that most
    > > cyclists wouldn't otherwise have access to.
    >
    > So, this guy you're "sharing" with owns the copyright, right?

    It's his own personal choice to do whatever he wants to do with the clips. I just shared them with
    him because he has an interest in the videos clips. He wants to post them on his server. I don't
    have the room on my server neither do I have the bandwidth, neither do I need any flames so I will
    let him deal with it. As for the rights you have to ask him.

    B-

  5. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

    "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > It's his own personal choice to do whatever he wants to do with the clips.
    > just shared them with him because he has an interest in the videos clips.

    So you help him, knowing what he was going to do, and you promoted what he's done, but you really
    don't have anything to do with it? Are you really so dense you cannot see the connection, or are you
    just lying to yourself?

    > As for the rights you have to ask him.

    Oh yeah, I am sure he owns the copyright if he has to borrow your copy.

  6. " Tim Mullin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > It's his own personal choice to do whatever he wants to do with the
    clips.
    > > just shared them with him because he has an interest in the videos
    clips.

    > So you help him, knowing what he was going to do, and you promoted what
    he's
    > done, but you really don't have anything to do with it? Are you really so dense you cannot see the
    > connection, or are you just lying to yourself?
    >
    > > As for the rights you have to ask him.
    >
    > Oh yeah, I am sure he owns the copyright if he has to borrow your copy.

    That's his choice.

    He contacted me and that's his choice. He is not selling it. You probably buy videos from
    Bicivideo.com and they don't have copyrights. I have got some from those guys which otherwise would
    never been able to get. Likewise this little clip will never be shown in US either, so if he want to
    share it, it's up to him. I am sure he could find the clip elsewhere if he wanted.

    But all this sidetracks from my original post which is once again your intentions, which I remember
    from the last time I ran into you somewhere. Fred is probably still wondering what you were doing in
    that chat room.

    B-

  7. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

    "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > He contacted me and that's his choice. He is not selling it. You probably

    Likewise, you made a choice to help him, knowing what he intended to do. It's kind of like when my
    friend said he wanted to rob the liquor store, and asked if he could borrow my SIG P 210....by your
    way of thinking, I should have loaned it to him. After all, it's his choice, right?

    > buy videos from Bicivideo.com and they don't have copyrights.

    Which is exactly why I don't do business with them.

    > But all this sidetracks from my original post which is once again your intentions, which I
    > remember from the last time I ran into you somewhere.

    No, pointing out the fact that you're fucking someone over is not a sidetrack, it goes directly to
    the point of your original post. You bitched about how WCP doesn't offer coverage of women's
    cycling. At the same time you help your friend rip off a company that has spent time and money
    (probably considerable amounts of both) covering one aspect of women's cycling. You can't see how
    fucking stupid that is? Probably not....

    BTW, if you wanted, you could probably do this whole thing legally, make the production more
    accessable to the english-speaking audience, and turn a small profit for everyone involved. Hell, if
    you wanted, you could even use your chunk of the proceeds to support women's cycling here in the US.
    The whole process would be fairly painless, cheap, and stupid simple. If not for women's cycling
    being about the most boring fucking thing I've every seen, I might just do it myself.

  8. " Tim Mullin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    buy videos from Bicivideo.com and they don't have copyrights.

    > Which is exactly why I don't do business with them.

    That's you choice. Many here do buy videos from them and that's their choice. As far as WCP, they
    might make videos if they got requests. Some have said that they don't like WCP, but I never said
    that. I bought a lot from them including all the Tours for Men from 89 to 2001. I got some from
    bicivideo.com that will probably never be released here anytime soon. Same goes with the Dutch clip,
    I bought the tape from another source just like bicivideo, so it's not a big deal to me.

    I am sure [you] have never bought a tape or music cd, floppy, data cd, or loaned, borrowed or
    traded, gave to a friend, or anything related like that? If you say no then you are being
    hypocritical. If you say yes then you must be a angel. And whoever you loaned it to, taped it and
    did whatever he wanted with it.

    > BTW, if you wanted, you could probably do this whole thing legally, make
    the
    > production more accessible to the english-speaking audience, and turn a small profit for everyone
    > involved. Hell, if you wanted, you could even
    use
    > your chunk of the proceeds to support women's cycling here in the US. The whole process would be
    > fairly painless, cheap, and stupid simple. If not
    for
    > women's cycling being about the most boring fucking thing I've every seen,
    > might just do it myself.

    As for producing the tape, that's too time consuming and expensive. I just got it to see it, and
    share with a few friends. Yes women's cycling is compared to Lawn bowling but that's changing slowly
    with more coverage, more advertising and more interest here and abroad. As for women's cycling
    videos there is not one single production that I know of except this little Dutch one. I know of no
    others except Bicivideo. WCP carries only the men. But considering the number of downloads on the
    clip I would say that a lot of people are interested in it and they can do their part by requesting
    WCP and others to consider making some videos on Pro Womens Races and I am sure they are. No thanks
    to you, so go find another thread to cause trouble in.

    ok, let's move on.

    B-

  9. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

    "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > I am sure [you] have never bought a tape or music cd, floppy, data cd, or loaned, borrowed or
    > traded, gave to a friend, or anything related like that?

    Sure, everyone has, but here is the difference....

    > be a angel. And whoever you loaned it to, taped it and did whatever he wanted with it.

    ....when I have done it, it was not with the full knowledge and intent that that person would copy
    it. In fact, if I knew they were going to distribute pirated matter over the internet, I would go to
    great effort to dissuade them from doing it. And anyways, I think your "friend" is just some
    bullshit lie you made up. Look at your original post:

    "I had a lot of requests for this one since the last clip. Lots of Dads out there want their
    daughters to see this one. I have gotten quite a few emails from women too, so I finally got it
    for them."

    "This one is way better then the first one, so I expect a meltdown. Hopefully I can get the mirror
    going before the bandwidth is blown out."

    "I will post the mirror as soon as it comes online with part one and two, plus the whole thing in
    one part."

    Unless your friend's name is "I", it doesn't sound like he did much, and you're doing the
    whole thing.

    > As for producing the tape, that's too time consuming and expensive. I just

    Yes, it is time consuming and expensive....that's why I object to what you're doing.

    > got it to see it, and share with a few friends. Yes women's cycling is compared to Lawn bowling
    > but that's changing slowly with more coverage,
    more
    > advertising and more interest here and abroad. As for women's cycling
    videos

    Let me see if I get this, women's cycling IS boring, but more advertising and viewers will somehow
    make it exciting? When was the last time you were watching the telly and thought, "God, this show
    sucks! If only there were more commercials, and a few more of my neighbors were watching, it would
    be completely brilliant!"

    > there is not one single production that I know of except this little Dutch one. I know of no
    > others except Bicivideo. WCP carries only the men. But considering the number of downloads on the
    > clip I would say that a lot of

    So first you say you only share it with one friend, and you don't know what he does with it. Then
    you say you share "with a few friends." Now, you say a lot of people download your stuff. What is
    it, fact boy?

    > people are interested in it and they can do their part by requesting WCP
    and
    > others to consider making some videos on Pro Womens Races and I am sure they are.

    It might surprise you to find out I am one of those people who has considered making those videos.
    Over the last couple decades I have shot a number of women's pro road, mountian, and cyclocross
    races, and have a couple of hours of interviews with the women in those races. Now, I could put all
    that together in the form of a DVD or two, and sell it for about $30. Of course, once you account
    for getting licensed music, paying voice talent, a graphic artist, production, materials, and
    distribution....well, you get the picture. Even on the cheap, I'd have to move at least 100 copies
    to break even, and that's forgiving all the hours I'd put into producing, writing, and editing it.
    Include that, and I'd have to sell a few hundred more to make it worthwhile. And you know what?
    Selling even 400 copies to break even is a crap shoot with a fringe topic like this one. And what am
    I up against? Fuckers like you and Bici video who just might my copy it and resell it, or put it on
    the net for free. So perhaps even you can see why most of this tape will never do anything more than
    sit in my basement until I get tired of it taking up space, and throw it out.

    > No thanks to you, so go find another thread to cause trouble in.

    But I like this one....

  10. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > " Tim Mullin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > buy videos from Bicivideo.com and they don't have copyrights.
    > >
    > > Which is exactly why I don't do business with them.
    >
    > I am sure [you] have never bought a tape or music cd, floppy, data cd, or loaned, borrowed or
    > traded, gave to a friend, or anything related like that? If you say no then you are being
    > hypocritical. If you say yes then you
    must
    > be a angel. And whoever you loaned it to, taped it and did whatever he wanted with it.

    Tim Mullin is known the world over as a moral, upright ethical wonder-man who is second (and barely)
    only to Jesus in his conduct.

  11. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

    > Tim Mullin is known the world over as a moral, upright ethical wonder-man who is second (and
    > barely) only to Jesus in his conduct.

    Compared to me, Jesus is immoral and unethical. He makes me sick. If here were here right now, I'd
    kick his ass!

  12. Juan Ligaya

    Juan Ligaya Guest

    > "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > " Tim Mullin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > buy videos from Bicivideo.com and they don't have copyrights.
    > > >
    > > > Which is exactly why I don't do business with them.
    > >
    > > I am sure [you] have never bought a tape or music cd, floppy, data cd, or loaned, borrowed or
    > > traded, gave to a friend, or anything related
    like
    > > that? If you say no then you are being hypocritical. If you say yes then you
    > must
    > > be a angel. And whoever you loaned it to, taped it and did whatever he wanted with it.
    >
    > Tim Mullin is known the world over as a moral, upright ethical wonder-man who is second (and
    > barely) only to Jesus in his conduct.

    Jesus isn't that ethical - he tossed my salad for $10.

  13. " Tim Mullin" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > Tim Mullin is known the world over as a moral, upright ethical
    wonder-man
    > > who is second (and barely) only to Jesus in his conduct.
    >
    > Compared to me, Jesus is immoral and unethical. He makes me sick. If here were here right now, I'd
    > kick his ass!

    I would still like to know the question that Fred asked you which was [what were you doing in the
    chat room for Necro Morphodites?] If you were in there then that is the sickest thing that can
    possibly be imagined! Proves you are no angel!

    B-

    ps-Jerk!

  14. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Juan Ligaya"

    > > Tim Mullin is known the world over as a moral, upright ethical wonder-man who is second (and
    > > barely) only to Jesus in his conduct.
    >

    > Jesus isn't that ethical - he tossed my salad for $10.

    How much extra to step it up to a rusty trombone?

    --
    tanx, Howard

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, k?

    For some people, quantity IS quality...

  15. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

    "Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I would still like to know the question that Fred asked you which was
    [what
    > were you doing in the chat room for Necro Morphodites?] If you were in
    there
    > then that is the sickest thing that can possibly be imagined! Proves you
    are
    > no angel!

    Dude, Boyd was joking. I was joking. You'd have to be utterly humorless, utterly clueless, or both
    to not figure that one out.