General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Today I bought...

Started by Brian · · Last activity · 63 posts · 2,926 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
18 February 2004
Last activity
30 March 2004
Original author
Brian
Posts
63
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,926
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 61–63 of 63
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On 28 Mar 2004 17:42:40 GMT, Stuart Mann <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    True - but if there was a choice I would probably not want
    to lug it around in a rucsac if I was relying on it to keep
    my pictures safe. Having said that, people must take this
    type of storage device on expeditions to much more hostile
    places than I'm likely to take one. Has anyone else reading
    this got any experience of carrying such storage devices on
    extended treks?

    I never hike without my Archos 140 (40GB) but then it
    plays MP3s as well! Recently returned from Everest
    Basecamp trek when I successfully used it to D/L all my
    pics from CF and SM cards. Seemed happy enough in temps
    down to -10C and LiIon batts retain their charge well at
    those sort of temps - didn't need to put it in my sleeping
    bag to keep warm! Mark

  2. Stuart Mann said:
    Quoted message said:

    I probably would, it's only 273g.

    Quoted message said:

    True - but if there was a choice I would probably not want
    to lug it around in a rucsac if I was relying on it to
    keep my pictures safe. Having said that, people must take
    this type of storage device on expeditions to much more
    hostile places than I'm likely to take one. Has anyone
    else reading this got any experience of carrying such
    storage devices on extended treks?

    Came across this customer review of the first one... card-card-
    media.co.uk/digibankreview.htm

    Paul
    --
    wilderness-wales.co.ukwilderness-wales.co.uk
    wildwales.fsnet.co.ukwildwales.fsnet.co.uk
    photosig.comuserphotos

  3. "Paul Saunders" <[email hidden]> wrote in news:c4bncs$m1l$1
    @news7.svr.pol.co.uk:

    Quoted message said:
    Stuart Mann said:
    Quoted message said:

    I probably would, it's only 273g.

    Quoted message said:

    True - but if there was a choice I would probably not
    want to lug it around in a rucsac if I was relying on it
    to keep my pictures safe. Having said that, people must
    take this type of storage device on expeditions to much
    more hostile places than I'm likely to take one. Has
    anyone else reading this got any experience of carrying
    such storage devices on extended treks?

    Came across this customer review of the first one... card-card-
    media.co.uk/digibankreview.htm


    He seems to like it. On safari at 40degC, Kilimanjaro, then
    Siberia is a pretty good workout for the equipment!

    Stuart

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.