Today's Guardian

On 2007-07-02, Dan Gregory <[email protected]> wrote:
> If you haven't got the hard copy yet
> http://sport.guardian.co.uk/tourdefrance2007/0,,2107970,00.html

So does that make Richard Virenque winner of the 96 Tour then?

A French winner!

The results were Riis, Ullrich, Virenque. Riis has now been stripped
according to one of those Guardian articles. Ullrich, his teammate, was
presumably taking the same stuff.

I can't remember what year Virenque's doping scandal was.

in message <[email protected]>, Ben C
('[email protected]') wrote:

> On 2007-07-02, Dan Gregory <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> If you haven't got the hard copy yet
>> http://sport.guardian.co.uk/tourdefrance2007/0,,2107970,00.html

> So does that make Richard Virenque winner of the 96 Tour then?
>
> A French winner!
>
> The results were Riis, Ullrich, Virenque. Riis has now been stripped
> according to one of those Guardian articles. Ullrich, his teammate, was
> presumably taking the same stuff.
>
> I can't remember what year Virenque's doping scandal was.

This is so stupid. If you're honest and confess, you lose your record. If
you're dishonest and deny, you get to keep it. Let's face it, at least
from the nineteen twenties until now, they were all doping. Taking Riis'
jersey off him is just hypocritical.

There may once have been a clean winner of le Tour, but I doubt it. There
may one day be a clean winner of le Tour, but if so, we'll probably never
know for certain.

;; Generally Not Used
;; Except by Middle Aged Computer Scientists

Spotted **** eventually did confess - tearfully.

On Jul 2, 12:55 pm, Ben C <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 2007-07-02, Dan Gregory <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > If you haven't got the hard copy yet
> >http://sport.guardian.co.uk/tourdefrance2007/0,,2107970,00.html

> So does that make Richard Virenque winner of the 96 Tour then?
>
> A French winner!
>
> The results were Riis, Ullrich, Virenque. Riis has now been stripped
> according to one of those Guardian articles. Ullrich, his teammate, was
> presumably taking the same stuff.
>
> I can't remember what year Virenque's doping scandal was.

I think someone previously suggested that if you go down that route,
Chris Boardman won it (he was 39th).

A British winner!

MikeF