Tom, do you still ride the Minuteman?

Hey there, Man of Steel (wrist injury result) -- I wondered where you
were lately! Do you no longer ride a trike at all, or just ride it
only on Sunday AM group rides in the country (safer than Land Blvd.)?
I'm envious of your new GRR. But I've been considering adding a trike
to the stable. Any opinions of brands? Hellbent website made their
Spitfire look good.

C.C.,Rider

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> Hey there, Man of Steel (wrist injury result) -- I wondered where you
> were lately! Do you no longer ride a trike at all, or just ride it
> only on Sunday AM group rides in the country (safer than Land Blvd.)?
> I'm envious of your new GRR. But I've been considering adding a trike
> to the stable. Any opinions of brands? Hellbent website made their
> Spitfire look good.
>
> C.C.,Rider

You know, I asked the surgeon to put in titanium parts, but she assured
me that I'd come to appreciate the "Man of Steel" bit. :)

My riding was way off this year, as I've had some projects which have
sucked up all waking moments. Most certainly the trike is on the road
though, and I am still very happy with the GTO. In my travels this year,
it did become apparent that there are some places the trike doesn't
belong and where a nice big LWB made more sense. This is mostly in the
countryside surrounding UConn. Still, I am around Minuteman every now
and then.

As to brands, again, I'm still a big fan of Greenspeed though the
Spitfire is very nice looking [and John Axen is giving Larry Varney a
real run for his money, if you check www.hellbentcycles.com].

I'm also quite encouraged by the healthy development work going on at
WizWheelz and wouldn't pass up a chance to try the new Catrikes.

And, while I'm on a roll here, I'd give a happy endorsement to the
Schumpf drive (fabulous on big hills), and a personal preference for
mechanical disks over hydraulic (if you need disks at all).

Let me know if you'd like to check out the GTO and I'd be happy to run
it out your way. Also, I think Harris Cyclery is now a dealer. Not sure
who in your area might have other brands to see.

Best,
-tom b.

There's someone new to the area who has a Catrike and I'm dying to try
it out! I had already checked the hellbent website, thanx; and I will
go to Harris Cyclery soon -- they're close by. A GTO test ride would
be fun -- maybe on a sunny dry day over 50-- and you can try my new
Montague upright folding bike with 26" wheels. How can I reach you?
C.C.

Tom Borgman wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
>
>>Hey there, Man of Steel (wrist injury result) -- I wondered where you
>>were lately! Do you no longer ride a trike at all, or just ride it
>>only on Sunday AM group rides in the country (safer than Land Blvd.)?
>>I'm envious of your new GRR. But I've been considering adding a trike
>>to the stable. Any opinions of brands? Hellbent website made their
>>Spitfire look good.
>>
>>C.C.,Rider
>>

> You know, I asked the surgeon to put in titanium parts, but she assured
> me that I'd come to appreciate the "Man of Steel" bit. :)...

You wish to be mistaken for Mr. Dzhugashvili of Georgia?

--
Tom Sherman - Rock Island County Illinois
Tetrahedral carbon lattices are not forever.

says...
> Tom Borgman wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > [email protected] says...
> >
> >>Hey there, Man of Steel (wrist injury result) -- I wondered where you
> >>were lately! Do you no longer ride a trike at all, or just ride it
> >>only on Sunday AM group rides in the country (safer than Land Blvd.)?
> >>I'm envious of your new GRR. But I've been considering adding a trike
> >>to the stable. Any opinions of brands? Hellbent website made their
> >>Spitfire look good.
> >>
> >>C.C.,Rider
> >>

> > You know, I asked the surgeon to put in titanium parts, but she assured
> > me that I'd come to appreciate the "Man of Steel" bit. :)...

> You wish to be mistaken for Mr. Dzhugashvili of Georgia?

Hmm. I think I have more in common with Clark Kent than either Koba or
the guy in Kryptonian Spandex.

Cheers,
-tom b.