Tools for working on Campagnolo components

Trg

Guest
I just got my first Campy equipped bike. Will the same chain tool that I've been using on my
Shimano stuff work on a campy Record 10 chain? Any tools I'll have to get specifically to work on
the Record group?

Thanks

trg-<< I just got my first Campy equipped bike. Will the same chain tool that I've been using on my
Shimano stuff work on a campy Record 10 chain? Any tools I'll have to get specifically to work on
the Record group?

A lockring tool that will probably also work for the BB(Record/Chorus). If you are careful, you
can install the Campagnolo chain pin OK with any chaintool. I rec. a snaplink tho, from Connex,
IRD or Sram.

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I just got my first Campy equipped bike. Will the same chain tool that I've been using on my
> Shimano stuff work on a campy Record 10 chain? Any tools I'll have to get specifically to work on
> the Record group?
>
> Thanks

The only tools that aren't common across manufacturer are the cassette lockring tool and the bb tool
(get a permalink or the like for the chain). I absolutely love my Tacx bb tool - a portion of it
threads into the spindle, keeping the splines of the tool perfectly aligned with the bb. A little
spendy but sooooo nice to work with!

BTW, you are going to love servicing the hubs - setting the bearings is so easy!

App

"The only tools that aren't common across manufacturer are the cassette lockring tool and the bb tool"

So a standard chain whip (say Park) would work too?

Home made chain whip (from the days of 5-speed spacing!) works just fine on my 9-spd Campy cluster.
BTW, if you get Chorus or Record, the cassette lockring tool is also the BB tool.