Tools for working on Campagnolo components

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Trg, Sep 8, 2003.

  1. Trg

    Trg Guest

    I just got my first Campy equipped bike. Will the same chain tool that I've been using on my
    Shimano stuff work on a campy Record 10 chain? Any tools I'll have to get specifically to work on
    the Record group?

    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. trg-<< I just got my first Campy equipped bike. Will the same chain tool that I've been using on my
    Shimano stuff work on a campy Record 10 chain? Any tools I'll have to get specifically to work on
    the Record group?

    A lockring tool that will probably also work for the BB(Record/Chorus). If you are careful, you
    can install the Campagnolo chain pin OK with any chaintool. I rec. a snaplink tho, from Connex,
    IRD or Sram.

  3. Appkiller

    Appkiller Guest

    "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I just got my first Campy equipped bike. Will the same chain tool that I've been using on my
    > Shimano stuff work on a campy Record 10 chain? Any tools I'll have to get specifically to work on
    > the Record group?
    >
    > Thanks

    The only tools that aren't common across manufacturer are the cassette lockring tool and the bb tool
    (get a permalink or the like for the chain). I absolutely love my Tacx bb tool - a portion of it
    threads into the spindle, keeping the splines of the tool perfectly aligned with the bb. A little
    spendy but sooooo nice to work with!

    BTW, you are going to love servicing the hubs - setting the bearings is so easy!

    App

  4. fiver03

    fiver03 New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2003
    "The only tools that aren't common across manufacturer are the cassette lockring tool and the bb tool"

    So a standard chain whip (say Park) would work too?

  5. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Home made chain whip (from the days of 5-speed spacing!) works just fine on my 9-spd Campy cluster.
    BTW, if you get Chorus or Record, the cassette lockring tool is also the BB tool.

    fiver03 <[email protected]> wrote in news:3f934da3$1_2 @news.chariot.net.au:

    > "The only tools that aren't common across manufacturer are the cassette lockring tool and the
    > bb tool"
    >
    > So a standard chain whip (say Park) would work too?

  6. Richard