Torker Unistar CX 20-inch Kangaroo?

theriault_honda wrote:
> Hey whats the difference bettween these two? Torker Unistar CX 20-inch
> Kangaroo and the Torker Unistar LX 20-inch and i know the price
> difference
>
> Thanks

a kangaroo unicycle is a uni that the crangs both face the same
direction so its kinda like the equivalent of riding onefooted but with
both feet its hard 2 explain its a novelty cycle and not a normal uni
so yea ...

--
dorfman

I BROKE MY FIBULA!
my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
i am Amandas NO.2 fan!
my myspace
http://tinyurl.com/s6dct
dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

unijesse wrote:
> you can buy a cx and a cx kangaroo(which if you bought the kangaroo, you
> could bring it to a bike shop and get the cranks put normal for a
> regular cx)
>
> but get the lx if you can afford it

wouldn't you still have the problem of the eccentric hub?

--
krring
krring's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11391

Im looking for just one to start out with thats cheap to see if I like
it or not. but if i get the cx is thier two different cx? like cx and
the cx kangaroo? or somthing? help please just want a normal unicycle
thats it for free styling for cheap.

--
theriault_honda
theriault_honda's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12074

dorfman wrote:
> a kangaroo unicycle is a uni that the crangs both face the same
> direction so its kinda like the equivalent of riding onefooted but with
> both feet its hard 2 explain its a novelty cycle and not a normal uni
> so yea ...

cant you just take the peddels off and put them in the right spots like
this?

|Filename: uni.bmp |

theriault_honda wrote:
> cant you just take the peddels off and put them in the right spots like
> this?

you would have 2 take it 2 a bike shop unless you have the tools and
the know-how....i stilll say go for the lx its better more comfy and
not thaaat more expensive

--

dorfman wrote:
> you would have 2 take it 2 a bike shop unless you have the tools and the
> know-how....i stilll say go for the lx its better more comfy and not
> thaaat more expensive

accualy it is more money to ship the lx to my house all togeather it
cost 156$ the cx is only like 125$ and thats to my house shiped and im
pretty shur its just two bolts to take the pedal cranks off im pretty
shur of that

--

krring wrote:
> wouldn't you still have the problem of the eccentric hub?

what exentric hub? this has just a normal hub with normal length
spokes, it would say exentric kangaroo if it was but its not, not all
kangaroos are exentric

--
unijesse

www.unicycletips.com

Udjiniese-Lucas1wheel

'_*OWNER_OF_60000*_'
(http://tinyurl.com/o42ka)
unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868

theriault_honda wrote:
> accualy it is more money to ship the lx to my house all togeather it
> cost 156$ the cx is only like 125$ and thats to my house shiped and im
> pretty shur its just two bolts to take the pedal cranks off im pretty
> shur of that

No, you must have a crank puller to take cranks off.

Here's the plan. If you want to buy the Torker CX, there is only ONE
version, and the "Kangaroo" is a unicycle made for novelty, goofing off
use, NOT FOR LEARNING OR RIDING NORMALLY. Click this link:
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=42 --- that is the
unicycle you need. Again, the kangaroo has backwards cranks on purpose
for novelty use - don't get it!

--
UniTyler

Somewhat Honestly,
:D :D Tyler :D :D
UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

UniTyler wrote:
> No, you must have a crank puller to take cranks off.
>
> Here's the plan. If you want to buy the Torker CX, there is only ONE
> version, and the "Kangaroo" is a unicycle made for novelty, goofing off
> use, NOT FOR LEARNING OR RIDING NORMALLY. Click this link:
> http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=42 --- that is the
> unicycle you need. Again, the kangaroo has backwards cranks on purpose
> for novelty use - don't get it!

Thanks for the info

--

theriault_honda wrote:
> Thanks for the info

i hate to tell you ... but i used to change my cranks all the time and
havn't ever used a crank-puller... you can get any bolt or punch or w/e
and a board ... elevate the thing off the ground ... put the thing thru
the spokes ... on the cranks w/ the board btw the "punch" and the crank
... hit w/ a hammer a few times ... its off

its way easier than it sounds
i forgot to mention ... take the nut off that holds the crank on

--
skroboskim
skroboskim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11663

skroboskim wrote:
> i hate to tell you ... but i used to change my cranks all the time and
> havn't ever used a crank-puller... you can get any bolt or punch or w/e
> and a board ... elevate the thing off the ground ... put the thing thru
> the spokes ... on the cranks w/ the board btw the "punch" and the crank
> ... hit w/ a hammer a few times ... its off
>
> its way easier than it sounds
> i forgot to mention ... take the nut off that holds the crank on

Thanks man but i kinda already new their more than one way to take it
off and I can always make a tool to take it off hahahaha lol

--

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 12:25:39 -0500, theriault_honda wrote:

>Im looking for just one to start out with thats cheap to see if I like
>it or not. but if i get the cx is thier two different cx? like cx and
>the cx kangaroo? or somthing? help please just want a normal unicycle
>thats it for free styling for cheap.

For no hassle, buy the cx, not the cx kangaroo. A kangaroo is the name
for a unicycle which has the two cranks pointing into the same
direction, rather than 180 degrees apart, but is otherwise normal (not
eccentric).

The presence of the kangaroo on the pricelist is mainly a joke.
Basically any uni can be converted to a kangaroo, and the other way
around, by rotating one crank. For this you need two tools: a crank
puller and a wrench.