Torker Unistar CX 20-inch Kangaroo?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by theriault_honda, Apr 22, 2006.

  1. Tags:

  2. dorfman

    dorfman Guest

    theriault_honda wrote:
    > Hey whats the difference bettween these two? Torker Unistar CX 20-inch
    > Kangaroo and the Torker Unistar LX 20-inch and i know the price
    > difference
    >
    > Thanks

    a kangaroo unicycle is a uni that the crangs both face the same
    direction so its kinda like the equivalent of riding onefooted but with
    both feet its hard 2 explain its a novelty cycle and not a normal uni
    so yea ...

    --
    dorfman

    I BROKE MY FIBULA!
    my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
    i am Amandas NO.2 fan!
    my myspace
    http://tinyurl.com/s6dct
    dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

  3. unijesse

    unijesse Guest

  4. get the one that has a non middlie axle there easier

    --
    skianduniaddict

    number1 under 15 skiier in the united states
    ski sugarloaf uni bradbury
    my cat bob ate four kids;)
    i regret the day i threw a snowball at randy johnson
    skianduniaddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11868

  5. manon1wheel

    manon1wheel Guest

    get the lx

    --
    manon1wheel

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GizmoDuck
    I yanked on my foot and straigtened it and stuck the bone back into the
    skin.
    Gild:
    This is going to be in someone's signature before too very long.
    manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

  6. krring

    krring Guest

    unijesse wrote:
    > you can buy a cx and a cx kangaroo(which if you bought the kangaroo, you
    > could bring it to a bike shop and get the cranks put normal for a
    > regular cx)
    >
    > but get the lx if you can afford it

    wouldn't you still have the problem of the eccentric hub?

    --
    krring
    krring's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11391

  7. Im looking for just one to start out with thats cheap to see if I like
    it or not. but if i get the cx is thier two different cx? like cx and
    the cx kangaroo? or somthing? help please just want a normal unicycle
    thats it for free styling for cheap.

    --
    theriault_honda
    theriault_honda's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12074

  8. dorfman wrote:
    > a kangaroo unicycle is a uni that the crangs both face the same
    > direction so its kinda like the equivalent of riding onefooted but with
    > both feet its hard 2 explain its a novelty cycle and not a normal uni
    > so yea ...

    cant you just take the peddels off and put them in the right spots like
    this?

    |Filename: uni.bmp |

    theriault_honda
    theriault_honda's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12074

  9. dorfman

    dorfman Guest

    theriault_honda wrote:
    > cant you just take the peddels off and put them in the right spots like
    > this?

    you would have 2 take it 2 a bike shop unless you have the tools and
    the know-how....i stilll say go for the lx its better more comfy and
    not thaaat more expensive

    --

  10. dorfman wrote:
    > you would have 2 take it 2 a bike shop unless you have the tools and the
    > know-how....i stilll say go for the lx its better more comfy and not
    > thaaat more expensive

    accualy it is more money to ship the lx to my house all togeather it
    cost 156$ the cx is only like 125$ and thats to my house shiped and im
    pretty shur its just two bolts to take the pedal cranks off im pretty
    shur of that

    --
    theriault_honda
    theriault_honda's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12074

  11. unijesse

    unijesse Guest

    krring wrote:
    > wouldn't you still have the problem of the eccentric hub?

    what exentric hub? this has just a normal hub with normal length
    spokes, it would say exentric kangaroo if it was but its not, not all
    kangaroos are exentric

    --
    unijesse

    www.unicycletips.com

    Udjiniese-Lucas1wheel

    '_*OWNER_OF_60000*_'
    (http://tinyurl.com/o42ka)
    unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868

  12. UniTyler

    UniTyler Guest

    theriault_honda wrote:
    > accualy it is more money to ship the lx to my house all togeather it
    > cost 156$ the cx is only like 125$ and thats to my house shiped and im
    > pretty shur its just two bolts to take the pedal cranks off im pretty
    > shur of that

    No, you must have a crank puller to take cranks off.

    Here's the plan. If you want to buy the Torker CX, there is only ONE
    version, and the "Kangaroo" is a unicycle made for novelty, goofing off
    use, NOT FOR LEARNING OR RIDING NORMALLY. Click this link:
    http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=42 --- that is the
    unicycle you need. Again, the kangaroo has backwards cranks on purpose
    for novelty use - don't get it!

    --
    UniTyler

    Somewhat Honestly,
    :D :D Tyler :D :D
    UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

  13. UniTyler wrote:
    > No, you must have a crank puller to take cranks off.
    >
    > Here's the plan. If you want to buy the Torker CX, there is only ONE
    > version, and the "Kangaroo" is a unicycle made for novelty, goofing off
    > use, NOT FOR LEARNING OR RIDING NORMALLY. Click this link:
    > http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=42 --- that is the
    > unicycle you need. Again, the kangaroo has backwards cranks on purpose
    > for novelty use - don't get it!

    Thanks for the info

    --
    theriault_honda
    theriault_honda's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12074

  14. skroboskim

    skroboskim Guest

    theriault_honda wrote:
    > Thanks for the info

    i hate to tell you ... but i used to change my cranks all the time and
    havn't ever used a crank-puller... you can get any bolt or punch or w/e
    and a board ... elevate the thing off the ground ... put the thing thru
    the spokes ... on the cranks w/ the board btw the "punch" and the crank
    ... hit w/ a hammer a few times ... its off

    its way easier than it sounds
    i forgot to mention ... take the nut off that holds the crank on

    --
    skroboskim
    skroboskim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11663

  15. skroboskim wrote:
    > i hate to tell you ... but i used to change my cranks all the time and
    > havn't ever used a crank-puller... you can get any bolt or punch or w/e
    > and a board ... elevate the thing off the ground ... put the thing thru
    > the spokes ... on the cranks w/ the board btw the "punch" and the crank
    > ... hit w/ a hammer a few times ... its off
    >
    > its way easier than it sounds
    > i forgot to mention ... take the nut off that holds the crank on

    Thanks man but i kinda already new their more than one way to take it
    off and I can always make a tool to take it off hahahaha lol

    --
    theriault_honda
    theriault_honda's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12074

  16. Klaas Bil

    Klaas Bil Guest

    On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 12:25:39 -0500, theriault_honda wrote:

    >Im looking for just one to start out with thats cheap to see if I like
    >it or not. but if i get the cx is thier two different cx? like cx and
    >the cx kangaroo? or somthing? help please just want a normal unicycle
    >thats it for free styling for cheap.

    For no hassle, buy the cx, not the cx kangaroo. A kangaroo is the name
    for a unicycle which has the two cranks pointing into the same
    direction, rather than 180 degrees apart, but is otherwise normal (not
    eccentric).

    The presence of the kangaroo on the pricelist is mainly a joke.
    Basically any uni can be converted to a kangaroo, and the other way
    around, by rotating one crank. For this you need two tools: a crank
    puller and a wrench.