Total Immersion by Terry Laughlin -- good book?

John Crankshaw

Guest
Is the book Total Immersion by Terry Laughlin a good book on swimming technique? Are there
others better?

Seems good to me.

> Are there others better?

John I appreciate your interest in Total Immersion. I wrote that in 95 and a great deal about our
teaching process has been updated since than. Simon & Schuster will publish an updated/revised
version next April. But you can read free excerpts on all the books I've published since then at
www.totalimmersion.net/free-books.html Happy laps, Terry

On 29 Nov 2003 16:33:35 GMT, [email protected] (Totalswimm) wrote:

>> Are there others better?
>
>John I appreciate your interest in Total Immersion. I wrote that in 95 and a great deal about our
>teaching process has been updated since than. Simon & Schuster will publish an updated/revised
>version next April. But you can read free excerpts on all the books I've published since then at
>www.totalimmersion.net/free-books.html Happy laps, Terry

Do you have a newer version of the bok or video coming out soon? I thought I read
soemthing recently.

~Matt

John Crankshaw wrote:
> Is the book Total Immersion by Terry Laughlin a good book on swimming technique? Are there
> others better?
>
> Seems good to me.

If you would like my copy, contact me off list and I'll send it to you for the cost of shipping it
to you. Madelaine

"John Crankshaw" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:QB%[email protected]...
> Is the book Total Immersion by Terry Laughlin a good book on swimming technique? Are there
> others better?
>
> Seems good to me.

I have it and read it. I like it, especially for a beginner to intermediate swimmer, it has a lot of
great advice. Once you get to more advanced levels, you'll probably wind up fine tuning the basics
you learned in TI, and adjusting it to your own body style. I'd recommend the book.

Thanks, but I already have a copy...just wanted to know about it before I 'immerse' myself in it.

John