Road Cycling · Public discussion

Tour de France

Started by Chris Z The Wheelman · · Last activity · 15 posts · 307 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
2 July 2006
Last activity
5 July 2006
Original author
Chris Z The Wheelman
Posts
15
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
307
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–15 of 15
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Is anybody else having trouble receiving coverage on OLN? All I get are
    hunting and fishing shows.

    - -
    Comments and opinions compliments of,
    "Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

    My web Site:
    http://geocities.com/czcorner

    To E-mail me:
    ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

  2. Chris Z The Wheelman said:

    Is anybody else having trouble receiving coverage on OLN? All I get
    are hunting and fishing shows.

    Coming in fine here. You sure you're not tuned to ESPN7 or something? :-D

  3. "Bill Sornson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Chris Z The Wheelman said:

    Is anybody else having trouble receiving coverage on OLN? All I get
    are hunting and fishing shows.

    Coming in fine here. You sure you're not tuned to ESPN7 or something? :-D


    It works for me OK here.

  4. In article <[email hidden]>,

    (Chris Z The Wheelman) said:

    Is anybody else having trouble receiving coverage on OLN?

    i receive the image perfectly. but there is something wrong with the
    sound: i keep hearing a clod with a british accent saying nonsense.
    --
    Save the Planet! Kill yourself!

  5. Quoted message said:

    Is anybody else having trouble receiving coverage on OLN? All I get are
    hunting and fishing shows.

    Well, it's on its 3rd rerun of today's stage already on Dishnet...

    --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
    www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

    "Chris Z The Wheelman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Is anybody else having trouble receiving coverage on OLN? All I get are
    hunting and fishing shows.

    - -
    Comments and opinions compliments of,
    "Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

    My web Site:
    http://geocities.com/czcorner

    To E-mail me:
    ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

  6. "Chris Z The Wheelman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Is anybody else having trouble receiving coverage on OLN? All I get are
    hunting and fishing shows.

    You're tuning in last week. You need to tune in this week.

    RichC

  7. ZeMascouflatte says...

    Quoted message said:

    i receive the image perfectly. but there is something wrong with the
    sound: i keep hearing a clod with a british accent saying nonsense.

    If those guys could just shut up it would be 100% better. I dread
    hearing "bite roidah" and "Tour day Frans" for the next three weeks.

  8. Barnard Frederick said:

    ZeMascouflatte says...

    Quoted message said:

    i receive the image perfectly. but there is something wrong with the
    sound: i keep hearing a clod with a british accent saying nonsense.

    If those guys could just shut up it would be 100% better. I dread
    hearing "bite roidah" and "Tour day Frans" for the next three weeks.

    Get a new TV - the newer ones come with a "mute" button.

    Jeff

  9. Make sure you're not tuned into the 'Outdoor Channel' as compared to
    the 'Outdoor Life Channel'. OLN has been running repeats all day. (I've
    noticed that OLN is changing its name this September to the VSN
    channel?)

    Chris Z The Wheelman said:

    Is anybody else having trouble receiving coverage on OLN? All I get are
    hunting and fishing shows.

    - -
    Comments and opinions compliments of,
    "Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

    My web Site:
    http://geocities.com/czcorner

    To E-mail me:
    ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

  10. johndobbs wrote:
    :: Make sure you're not tuned into the 'Outdoor Channel' as compared to
    :: the 'Outdoor Life Channel'. OLN has been running repeats all day.
    :: (I've noticed that OLN is changing its name this September to the VSN
    :: channel?)

    Versus?

  11. Roger Zoul said:

    johndobbs wrote:
    :: Make sure you're not tuned into the 'Outdoor Channel' as compared to
    :: the 'Outdoor Life Channel'. OLN has been running repeats all day.
    :: (I've noticed that OLN is changing its name this September to the VSN
    :: channel?)

    Versus?


    I get OLN but sometimes the digital transmission gets totally toasted
    and drops out just when you want to see something. This is most likely
    due to interference of the signal to the relay helicopter, but being an
    old timer I think I would prefer the occasional snow, where there is at
    least something visible. If you get OLN at all you are seeing what they
    are seeing in the studio in France, digital screw ups and all.
    Bill Baka

  12. Marlene said:

    ...I miss playing Phil and Paul bingo.

    I must've missed that tutorial. Let me guess: "a great ride by him"
    requires a drink. A Liggettism such as "he almost lost his manhood on
    the cross bar" requires a drink. Bob Roll waving his hands frenetically
    (with gestures that don't match his speech) requires a drink.

    --Karen D,

  13. Quoted message said:

    --
    Save the Planet! Kill yourself!

    you first :P

  14. Bill wrote:
    :: Roger Zoul wrote:
    ::: johndobbs wrote:
    ::::: Make sure you're not tuned into the 'Outdoor Channel' as compared
    ::::: to the 'Outdoor Life Channel'. OLN has been running repeats all
    ::::: day. (I've noticed that OLN is changing its name this September
    ::::: to the VSN channel?)
    :::
    ::: Versus?
    :::
    :::
    :: I get OLN but sometimes the digital transmission gets totally toasted
    :: and drops out just when you want to see something. This is most
    :: likely due to interference of the signal to the relay helicopter,
    :: but being an old timer I think I would prefer the occasional snow,
    :: where there is at least something visible. If you get OLN at all you
    :: are seeing what they are seeing in the studio in France, digital
    :: screw ups and all.

    Frankly, I like seeing what they see. Frankly, I don't see how it could be
    any better.

  15. Roger Zoul said:

    Bill wrote:
    :: Roger Zoul wrote:
    ::: johndobbs wrote:
    ::::: Make sure you're not tuned into the 'Outdoor Channel' as compared
    ::::: to the 'Outdoor Life Channel'. OLN has been running repeats all
    ::::: day. (I've noticed that OLN is changing its name this September
    ::::: to the VSN channel?)
    :::
    ::: Versus?
    :::
    :::
    :: I get OLN but sometimes the digital transmission gets totally toasted
    :: and drops out just when you want to see something. This is most
    :: likely due to interference of the signal to the relay helicopter,
    :: but being an old timer I think I would prefer the occasional snow,
    :: where there is at least something visible. If you get OLN at all you
    :: are seeing what they are seeing in the studio in France, digital
    :: screw ups and all.

    Frankly, I like seeing what they see. Frankly, I don't see how it could be
    any better.


    I agree with that but hate the digital "Dropping the call." just when
    you want to see something, and that is the up link from the motorcycle
    to the helicopter that serves as a communications relay.
    Electronics isn't foolproof.
    Bill Baka

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.