It's approaching that time of the year when normal sane people avoid
watching TV/reading papers/ and start putting hands over ears and
humming when colleagues say "I hear [censored] is out of the Tour" so they can
watch the Tour highlights in the evening.
I see itv have got "coming soon, TdF" on their website but does anyone
know what the plans are this year?
BTW I live in a freeview-free area, so just bought a **** off big
aerial and it works; but don't buy the box until you have tried one
because you can't get your money back (at least not from Argos)
UK and Europe · Public discussion
Tour TV coverage (not a spoiler yet!)
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- UK and Europe
- Published
- 9 June 2005
- Last activity
- 12 June 2005
- Original author
- MartinM
- Posts
- 10
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 612
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Simon Mason said:
"MartinM" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
It's approaching that time of the year when normal sane people avoid
watching TV/reading papers/ and start putting hands over ears and
humming when colleagues say "I hear [censored] is out of the Tour" so they can
watch the Tour highlights in the evening.I'll be watching it live off Eurosport if I'm not at work.
If its the same as last year there will be an hour of highlights on
ITV2 every night with a few live stages. BlissStan Cox
-
Stan Cox said:
Simon Mason said:
"MartinM" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
It's approaching that time of the year when normal sane people avoid
watching TV/reading papers/ and start putting hands over ears and
humming when colleagues say "I hear [censored] is out of the Tour" so they can
watch the Tour highlights in the evening.I'll be watching it live off Eurosport if I'm not at work.
If its the same as last year there will be an hour of highlights on
ITV2 every night with a few live stages. Blissthat's what I'm hoping; not sure how to record off freeview with a
timer on the dvdr though -
Dave Larrington said:
MartinM said:
It's approaching that time of the year when normal sane people avoid
watching TV/reading papers/ and start putting hands over ears and
humming when colleagues say "I hear [censored] is out of the Tour" so they
can watch the Tour highlights in the evening.Blimey, you mean there are people at your place of work who notice that the
Tour is on? (Boggles, on both pistons)yes but unfortunately same people think I am riding in it ;-)
-
If you have Freeveiw and were thinking of getting TopUpTV, they now have
British Eurosport in their channel line up.My July is just set to be a great one! The only downside? They broadcast
from 14.00hrs each day so you might miss the roll out of the stage. -
Guy Ballantine said:
If you have Freeveiw and were thinking of getting TopUpTV, they now have
British Eurosport in their channel line up.My July is just set to be a great one! The only downside? They broadcast
from 14.00hrs each day so you might miss the roll out of the stage.from 1400 hrs I will miss the whole shebang unless it happens to be my
day off. An hourly precis from 1900-2000 is much more use. -
"MartinM" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
I would imagine itv2; although they did show some live stages on itv1
at the weekend a couple of years ago, but last year's terrestrial
coverage was woeful, a weekly one hour slot in the middle of the night
(which was good as a souvenir of the event but no use for actually
following it)Probably same as last year, I would have thought.
Quoted message said:
If it is a nightly itv2 synopsis there is the prospect of my house
becoming Bar le Tour every night for the digitally challenged members
of my club, how will this go down with SWMBO?Heavens! You don't mean she would object? Is there any other sport worth
watching? Good grief!Cheers, helen s
-
wafflycat said:
"MartinM" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
If it is a nightly itv2 synopsis there is the prospect of my house
becoming Bar le Tour every night for the digitally challenged members
of my club, how will this go down with SWMBO?Heavens! You don't mean she would object? Is there any other sport worth
watching? Good grief!'fraid so; the only bike she rides is one of those stationary ones in
the gym (£39 a month, probably what I spend on cycling) -
"MartinM" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...wafflycat said:
"MartinM" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
If it is a nightly itv2 synopsis there is the prospect of my house
becoming Bar le Tour every night for the digitally challenged members
of my club, how will this go down with SWMBO?Heavens! You don't mean she would object? Is there any other sport worth
watching? Good grief!'fraid so; the only bike she rides is one of those stationary ones in
the gym (£39 a month, probably what I spend on cycling)Phsst! She needs educating! ;-)
Cheers, helen s
-
wafflycat said:
'fraid so; the only bike she rides is one of those stationary ones in
the gym (£39 a month, probably what I spend on cycling)Phsst! She needs educating! ;-)
Cheers, helen s
SWMBO and I will be touring in Normandy (that's the one in France not the one up
the road from Guildford) some time this year. Unfortunately we are going by
aging cage rather than nearly new bike. I mentioned that I would like to do a
cycle tour of the area some time and went on to suggest that when I had finished
building bike number two she might like to join me.I know there are youngsters reading this so I will refrain from printing her reply.
--
Terry Duckmanton.http://homepage.ntlworld.com/terry.duckmanton
A website mostly dedicated to cycling
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.