http://www.the-sty.com/wildcamps/02_langdale.html
Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~
/ \ / \
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
http://www.the-sty.com/wildcamps/02_langdale.html
Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~
/ \ / \
Shirl
a lovely read on a cold wet Sat afternoon
Time to get my boots polished up and start planning
Thanks
Bryan
Dorzet
"Peewiglet" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:http://www.the-sty.com/wildcamps/02_langdale.html
Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~
/ \ / \
Bryan Hall <[email hidden]> wrote
Quoted message said:Shirl
a lovely read on a cold wet Sat afternoon
Time to get my boots polished up and start planning
Thanks
Eh?
A crisp fine, sunny day in Manch............
Oh - nobody would believe me anyway. ;-)
--
Gordon
Bryan Hall said:Shirl
a lovely read on a cold wet Sat afternoon
Time to get my boots polished up and start planning
Thanks
Thanks Bryan 🙂
Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~
/ \ / \
nice here this time of year in Manchuria
;-)
"Gordon" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Bryan Hall <[email hidden]> wrote
Quoted message said:Shirl
a lovely read on a cold wet Sat afternoon
Time to get my boots polished up and start planning
Thanks
Eh?A crisp fine, sunny day in Manch............
Oh - nobody would believe me anyway. ;-)
--
Gordon
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 12:14:45 +0000, Peewiglet <[email hidden]>
wrote:
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~
/ \ / \
Just call her "Dances With Worms"
Most Excellent TR pw! One request tho', can you please stop taking so
many good photos, some of us, no names no pack drill, might just
become jealous (especially if their hd's are goosed!) ;-)
n1!
SteveO
NE Climbers & walkers chat forum;
http://www.thenmc.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php
NMC website: http://www.thenmc.org.uk
SteveO said:Just call her "Dances With Worms"
hee hee hee!
<fx: scratch, scratch, wriggle.....>
Quoted message said:Most Excellent TR pw! One request tho', can you please stop taking so
many good photos, some of us, no names no pack drill, might just
become jealous (especially if their hd's are goosed!) ;-)
Quoted message said:n1!
Thanks v. much 🙂 I don't think they're particularly good ones, but
they show what was there, which is the main thing!
Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~
/ \ / \
The message <[email hidden]>
from "Bryan Hall" <[email hidden]> contains these words:
Quoted message said:a lovely read on a cold wet Sat afternoon
Where are you? It was a cold almost windless day in the Eastern Lakes
and the sun shone in the afternoon. Not a perfect day by any means but
far to good to waste indoors and a good bit better than forecast.
Quoted message said:Time to get my boots polished up and start planning
For the first time in months my boots remained polished all day. The
soggy boggy was for once sufficiently frozen so constant paddling was
avoided. Glad I had my gaiters on though to stop the snow getting into
my boots.
--
Roger Chapman so far this year 106 summits
New - 78 (Marilyns 14, Sweats 5, Outlying Fells 66)
Repeats - 28 (Marilyns 11, Sweats 21, Wainwrights 16, Outlying Fells 1)
The New Forest became a bog about 4 weeks ago, and the persistent rain all
day ain't helping much ;-)
"Roger" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:The message <[email hidden]>
from "Bryan Hall" <[email hidden]> contains these words:Quoted message said:a lovely read on a cold wet Sat afternoon
Where are you? It was a cold almost windless day in the Eastern Lakes
and the sun shone in the afternoon. Not a perfect day by any means but
far to good to waste indoors and a good bit better than forecast.Quoted message said:Time to get my boots polished up and start planning
For the first time in months my boots remained polished all day. The
soggy boggy was for once sufficiently frozen so constant paddling was
avoided. Glad I had my gaiters on though to stop the snow getting into
my boots.--
Roger Chapman so far this year 106 summits
New - 78 (Marilyns 14, Sweats 5, Outlying Fells 66)
Repeats - 28 (Marilyns 11, Sweats 21, Wainwrights 16, Outlying Fells
1)
Just think of all that wasted protein lying there ready for a meal - yummy
;-)
"Peewiglet" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:SteveO said:Just call her "Dances With Worms"
hee hee hee!
<fx: scratch, scratch, wriggle.....>
Quoted message said:Most Excellent TR pw! One request tho', can you please stop taking so
many good photos, some of us, no names no pack drill, might just
become jealous (especially if their hd's are goosed!) ;-)Quoted message said:n1!
Thanks v. much 🙂 I don't think they're particularly good ones, but
they show what was there, which is the main thing!Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~
/ \ / \
On 20/11/04 12:14 pm, in article [email hidden],
Peewiglet said:
I'm getting a bit worried about your hips. Are you really not comfortable
with 2 mattresses?
--
Andy Howell
Birmingham, UK
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:53:11 GMT, Andy Howell
andy.howellNOSPAM@ecotrendDOTorgDOTuk said:Quoted message said:I'm getting a bit worried about your hips. Are you really not comfortable
with 2 mattresses?
Really... it struck me as crazy too.
Whatever the cause, the symptoms are pain in/around the sides of my
bum, rather than just my hips. I actually developed it last year from
running, and a physio said it might be something called 'piriformis
syndrome'. A couple of other runners in my club have similar pain, and
have been diagnosed with the same thing. The bottom line in camping
terms, though, seems to be that I get sore if my hips/the sides of my
bum rub against the ground in the night. Oddly enough, I get the same
pain if I it on a low stool at home which rubs on the bones in my bum.
I think perhaps it should be re-named 'bony bum syndrome' :-)
Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~
/ \ / \
Quoted message said:
Stop! stop! stop!
these trail reports are NOT appreciated
I am sick of you walkers with your lardy-da tents and your lardy-da
stoves.
OK they are making me jealous
this is my third weekend on a row stuck at home,
since I sprained my ankle, and as that was done on a birthday weekend
in New York, (a little slope of grass in Central Park) its four weeks
since I was in the mountains; and I'm starting to notice it, and I
am getting jealous.
Carl said:Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:Stop! stop! stop!
these trail reports are NOT appreciated
I am sick of you walkers with your lardy-da tents and your lardy-da
stoves.
:-) Heh....
Quoted message said:OK they are making me jealous
this is my third weekend on a row stuck at home,
Ugh... commiserations.
Quoted message said:since I sprained my ankle, and as that was done on a birthday weekend
in New York, (a little slope of grass in Central Park)
The grassy knoll, eh? Well look on the bright side: it could have been
much worse.... ;-)
Quoted message said:its four weeks
since I was in the mountains; and I'm starting to notice it, and I
am getting jealous.
Have a quick hobble up the stairs for a bit of practice. You'll soon
be back out there, I'm sure :-)
Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~
/ \ / \
I noticed that Message-ID: <[email hidden]>
from Peewiglet contained the following:
Quoted message said:Whatever the cause, the symptoms are pain in/around the sides of my
bum, rather than just my hips. I actually developed it last year from
running, and a physio said it might be something called 'piriformis
syndrome'. A couple of other runners in my club have similar pain, and
have been diagnosed with the same thing
I don't run and don't intend to start. From your stories this seems
eminently sensible. ;-)
--
Geoff Berrow (put thecat out to email)
It's only Usenet, no one dies.
My opinions, not the committee's, mine.
Simple RFDs http://www.ckdog.co.uk/rfdmaker/
On 20/11/04 7:42 pm, in article [email hidden],
Peewiglet said:Whatever the cause, the symptoms are pain in/around the sides of my
bum, rather than just my hips. I actually developed it last year from
running, and a physio said it might be something called 'piriformis
syndrome'. A couple of other runners in my club have similar pain, and
have been diagnosed with the same thing. The bottom line in camping
terms, though, seems to be that I get sore if my hips/the sides of my
bum rub against the ground in the night. Oddly enough, I get the same
pain if I it on a low stool at home which rubs on the bones in my bum.
I think perhaps it should be re-named 'bony bum syndrome' :-)
I sympathise. I stopped running when I realised I was developing all kinds
of back pains. Started cycling instead. More interesting views, cycling,
but you have to do at least 3 times the distance to get the same effect.
As for the bum and hips, I don't suppose a surfeit of alcohol wouldn't work?
--
Andy Howell
Birmingham, UK
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:55:07 +0000, Geoff Berrow <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:I noticed that Message-ID: <[email hidden]>
from Peewiglet contained the following:Quoted message said:Whatever the cause, the symptoms are pain in/around the sides of my
bum, rather than just my hips. I actually developed it last year from
running, and a physio said it might be something called 'piriformis
syndrome'. A couple of other runners in my club have similar pain, and
have been diagnosed with the same thingI don't run and don't intend to start. From your stories this seems
eminently sensible. ;-)
Running is fun! There's always a danger that you might do yourself
some damage, but rest and exercise usually let you get over it.
Peewiglet - can't you sleep on your stomach?
--
R
o
o
n
e
y
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:59:43 +0000, Rooney <[email hidden]> wrote:
[...]
Quoted message said:Peewiglet - can't you sleep on your stomach?
I've tried that, but without a proper pillow there doesn't seem to be
anywhere to put my face that doesn't involve either dislocation or
suffocation.
:-)
Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~
/ \ / \
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:55:47 GMT, Andy Howell
<andy.howellNOSPAM@ecotrendDOTorgDOTuk> wrote:
[...]
Quoted message said:I sympathise. I stopped running when I realised I was developing all kinds
of back pains. Started cycling instead. More interesting views, cycling,
but you have to do at least 3 times the distance to get the same effect.
Maybe I should look into it, though...
Quoted message said:
As for the bum and hips, I don't suppose a surfeit of alcohol wouldn't work?
Well, it's a possiblity! Perhaps bizarrely, I've not actually taken
alcohol camping before now, but on your recommendation I'll take some
next time. Thinking about it, it could be just what I need :-)
Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~
/ \ / \
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:08:21 +0000, Peewiglet <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:59:43 +0000, Rooney <[email hidden]> wrote:
[...]
Quoted message said:Peewiglet - can't you sleep on your stomach?
I've tried that, but without a proper pillow there doesn't seem to be
anywhere to put my face that doesn't involve either dislocation or
suffocation.
:-)Best wishes,
I use something very thin for a pillow or do without, and turn my head
sideways. I've slept like that since I was a child. Not that there's
anything wrong with my bum...
--
R
o
o
n
e
y
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.