General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Trader Joe's Puff Pastry

Started by Dee.Dee · · Last activity · 10 posts · 165 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
31 October 2007
Last activity
1 November 2007
Original author
Dee.Dee
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
165
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I got an email today that Trader Joe has an all-butter puff pastry (2
    sheets) 16 oz. for $4.99, no artifical colors, flavors or preservatives.

    Hoping they have it on the East Coast.

    --
    Dee Dee

  2. Dee.Dee said:

    I got an email today that Trader Joe has an all-butter puff pastry (2
    sheets) 16 oz. for $4.99, no artifical colors, flavors or preservatives.

    Hoping they have it on the East Coast.

    That's a good price. Round here it's as high as $10/lb. I always
    make it myself instead of paying that.

    --
    Reg

  3. Dee.Dee said:

    I got an email today that Trader Joe has an all-butter puff pastry (2
    sheets) 16 oz. for $4.99, no artifical colors, flavors or preservatives.

    Hoping they have it on the East Coast.


    Oh, wow! That's about half the price I normally see.

    --
    Jean B.

  4. "Dee.Dee" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I got an email today that Trader Joe has an all-butter puff pastry (2 sheets) 16 oz.
    for $4.99, no artifical colors, flavors or preservatives.

    Hoping they have it on the East Coast.

    --
    Dee Dee

    I just bought some the other day here in San Diego (well, it was in Point Loma, but
    same diff, right?)
    I haven't used it yet but I am going to make this recipe I saw for Pork Wellingtons
    with it. I'll let you know how it comes out!

    kimberly

  5. "Nexis" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Dee.Dee" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I got an email today that Trader Joe has an all-butter puff pastry (2
    sheets) 16 oz. for $4.99, no artifical colors, flavors or preservatives.

    Hoping they have it on the East Coast.

    --
    Dee Dee

    I just bought some the other day here in San Diego (well, it was in Point
    Loma, but same diff, right?)
    I haven't used it yet but I am going to make this recipe I saw for Pork
    Wellingtons with it. I'll let you know how it comes out!

    kimberly

    Thanks, Kimberly.

    I saw on TV Alton Brown showing how to thaw puff pastry, and I looked for it
    foodnetwork to see if he wrote about it in detail, but there is nothing
    about it on his one puff pastry recipe using it with cherries.

    As I recall he let it thaw about 15 minutes under a towel and then started
    picking it up by the ends, gingerly, up to about 20 minutes. Then he took a
    rolling pin to roll out the folds.

    Best of luck. I'll be looking forward to it. Yes, Point Loma -- same
    thing. (Resident of San Diego 1964-1970)

    Dee Dee

  6. Dee.Dee said:

    I got an email today that Trader Joe has an all-butter puff pastry (2
    sheets) 16 oz. for $4.99, no artifical colors, flavors or preservatives.

    Hoping they have it on the East Coast.

    My wife will be happy.

    Quoted message said:


    --
    Dee Dee

    --Bryan

  7. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Dee.Dee said:

    I got an email today that Trader Joe has an all-butter puff pastry (2
    sheets) 16 oz. for $4.99, no artifical colors, flavors or preservatives.

    Hoping they have it on the East Coast.

    We've gotten it and it is quite good. I really like their pie crusts
    too.

    marcella

  8. "Marcella Peek" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Dee.Dee said:

    I got an email today that Trader Joe has an all-butter puff pastry (2
    sheets) 16 oz. for $4.99, no artifical colors, flavors or preservatives.

    Hoping they have it on the East Coast.

    We've gotten it and it is quite good. I really like their pie crusts
    too.

    marcella

    Yes, I saw on their email ad the pie crusts also, but it didn't say the oil
    that was used in them.
    Thanks.
    Dee

  9. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Dee.Dee said:

    Yes, I saw on their email ad the pie crusts also, but it didn't say the oil
    that was used in them.
    Thanks.
    Dee

    The box says: enriched wheat flour, bleached enriched wheat flour, palm
    fruit oil, butter, sugar, salt.

    marcella

  10. "Marcella Peek" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Dee.Dee said:

    Yes, I saw on their email ad the pie crusts also, but it didn't say the
    oil
    that was used in them.
    Thanks.
    Dee

    The box says: enriched wheat flour, bleached enriched wheat flour, palm
    fruit oil, butter, sugar, salt.

    marcella

    Thanks, Marcella. I appreciate it. I might try the piecrust myself on a
    pumpkin pie (with a can of pumpkin I have on hand).

    I like palm (fruit) oil, as long as it is not hydrogenated. There is never
    any reason to hydrogenate it IMO, but I've seen it listed; wonderment!

    Dee Dee

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.