Trail 100 - Phoenix, Arizona

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
....or Gary's Backyard.

Last installment, I swear!

After having so much fun in Sedona, I had one more day before the flight
out in Phoenix. Gary (Geedub) invited me to his hood to sample his
backyard. Lucky guy! Two blocks from his front door and he's riding
miles of trail (with hills).

The last video is basically Gary in overdrive and me trying to keep up
with him. Put a native in his native environment and it's like shooting
off a rocket. I think he was being easy on me, though.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/t100.mpg (70 mb)

Thanks again Gary for being a great host and taking the time to play
tour guide.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> ...or Gary's Backyard.
>
> Last installment, I swear!
>
> After having so much fun in Sedona, I had one more day before the flight
> out in Phoenix. Gary (Geedub) invited me to his hood to sample his
> backyard. Lucky guy! Two blocks from his front door and he's riding
> miles of trail (with hills).
>
> The last video is basically Gary in overdrive and me trying to keep up
> with him. Put a native in his native environment and it's like shooting
> off a rocket. I think he was being easy on me, though.
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/t100.mpg (70 mb)
>
> Thanks again Gary for being a great host and taking the time to play tour
> guide.
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> www.schnauzers.ws

I remember the days when I had trails (relatively) out of my backyard.

Perhaps a tad bit farther, but considering my nearest decent trail is 50
mino's or so away, I'll call it that.

You're being somewhat modest, you kept up pretty well.

Great vid, thanks for sharing!

--

CP

Damn that was fun, think I'll do it again today.

SFTTP
Gary

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> ...or Gary's Backyard.
>
> Last installment, I swear!

Must be nice to ride where everything is downhill! ;)

It looks fun, fast and swoopy - not particularly technical or varying
though. No doubt there is plenty of challenging stuff elsewhere.

JohnH wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> ...or Gary's Backyard.
>>
>> Last installment, I swear!
>>

> Must be nice to ride where everything is downhill! ;)
>
> It looks fun, fast and swoopy - not particularly technical or varying
> though. No doubt there is plenty of challenging stuff elsewhere.

Plenty of tech at South Mountain twenty minutes away to make up for
every other trail in the area. This trail is just plain fast!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"JohnH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> ...or Gary's Backyard.
>>
>> Last installment, I swear!
>>

> Must be nice to ride where everything is downhill! ;)
>
> It looks fun, fast and swoopy - not particularly technical or varying
> though. No doubt there is plenty of challenging stuff elsewhere.

Having ridden the two days before this, R-A-L chose not to do anymore
climbing. This part of the trail is mostly flat and fast but there are some
very difficult, short climbs if you choose to do them. The video is short
sighted considering we rode for way over an hour. I think the video shows
the fun we had regarless of the non-technical nature of what was seen in the
video. If one wants to there are nearly 100 miles of various trails
on/connecting to Trail 100. T-100 is roughly 12 miles end to end and we
stayed on the western side.

and on top of it all, we didn't have to drive to get to the trail! (well, I
didn't) :)

Gary

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> JohnH wrote:
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>>> ...or Gary's Backyard.
>>>
>>> Last installment, I swear!
>>>

>> Must be nice to ride where everything is downhill! ;)
>>
>> It looks fun, fast and swoopy - not particularly technical or varying
>> though. No doubt there is plenty of challenging stuff elsewhere.
>>

> Plenty of tech at South Mountain twenty minutes away to make up for
> every other trail in the area. This trail is just plain fast!

There's plenty of tech off of Trail 100. Trail 1A was my favorite up and
around Squaw Peak at Dreamy Draw.

http://www.pbase.com/mrdart/image/39885330

http://www.pbase.com/mrdart/image/39885328

These are some of the smoother parts but there's lots of tough climbs, step
ups and downs.

Mike

"Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> JohnH wrote:

>>> Must be nice to ride where everything is downhill! ;)
>>>
>>> It looks fun, fast and swoopy - not particularly technical or varying
>>> though. No doubt there is plenty of challenging stuff elsewhere.
>>>

>> Plenty of tech at South Mountain twenty minutes away to make up for
>> every other trail in the area. This trail is just plain fast!

> There's plenty of tech off of Trail 100. Trail 1A was my favorite up and
> around Squaw Peak at Dreamy Draw.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/mrdart/image/39885330
>
> http://www.pbase.com/mrdart/image/39885328
>
> These are some of the smoother parts but there's lots of tough climbs,
> step
> ups and downs.
>
> Mike

That's a fun part of the trail to ride at night.

What's all that green stuff?

Gary

GeeDubb wrote:
> "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:

>>> Plenty of tech at South Mountain twenty minutes away to make up for
>>> every other trail in the area. This trail is just plain fast!

>> There's plenty of tech off of Trail 100. Trail 1A was my favorite
>> up and around Squaw Peak at Dreamy Draw.
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/mrdart/image/39885330
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/mrdart/image/39885328
>>
>> These are some of the smoother parts but there's lots of tough
>> climbs, step
>> ups and downs.
>>
>> Mike
>>

> That's a fun part of the trail to ride at night.
>
> What's all that green stuff?

Fuel.

"Michael Dart"

>> What's all that green stuff?

> Fuel.

Now that is funny!

Thanks for the laugh

Gary

> There's plenty of tech off of Trail 100. Trail 1A was my favorite up
> and around Squaw Peak at Dreamy Draw.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/mrdart/image/39885330
>
> http://www.pbase.com/mrdart/image/39885328
>
> These are some of the smoother parts but there's lots of tough
> climbs, step ups and downs.
>
> Mike

Nice - are you out there now? That will be the only acceptable excuse for
missing our party!

The lucky missus and I went out to poca today. It looks like there have
been unusually few riders; some of the trails (advanced offshoot in
particular) were almost covered in leaves. Speaking of, what happened to
many of the fun bits?

Per Michael Dart:
>of Trail 100. Trail 1A

What kind of maps are these names on?

USG Survey?
--
PeteCresswell

JohnH wrote:
>> There's plenty of tech off of Trail 100. Trail 1A was my favorite up
>> and around Squaw Peak at Dreamy Draw.
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/mrdart/image/39885330
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/mrdart/image/39885328
>>
>> These are some of the smoother parts but there's lots of tough
>> climbs, step ups and downs.
>>
>> Mike

> Nice - are you out there now? That will be the only acceptable
> excuse for missing our party!

Alas no. Work made me miss your party. :^(

> The lucky missus and I went out to poca today. It looks like there
> have been unusually few riders; some of the trails (advanced offshoot
> in particular) were almost covered in leaves. Speaking of, what
> happened to many of the fun bits?

Yeah we need to get out and clear some of the tech sections of leaves. The
rest will have to be ground in by riders.

They were poorly built and were torn down. We're in the process of
purchasing a portable chainsaw mill for making our own rough lumber for new
tech. trail features.

Mike

GeeDubb wrote:
> "Michael Dart"
>>>
>>> What's all that green stuff?

>> Fuel.
>>

> Now that is funny!
>
> Thanks for the laugh
>
> Gary

You're welcome. I just remember that's how you looked at the spring growth.

Mike