Training For 40K

grahamhyland

Jul 9, 2006
I have a Triathlon in 3 weeks, Which has a 40k Cycle Section, I have only started cycling about 10weeks ago and have about 500miles so far. I usually do a 25k circuit twice a week and a 45k curcuit once a week. My AVS has gradually moved from 25K to 31K over the 25K.
I want to know what would be the best kind of training for me over the next few week to perform at my best
Thanks in advance
Graham

grahamhyland said:
I have a Triathlon in 3 weeks, Which has a 40k Cycle Section, I have only started cycling about 10weeks ago and have about 500miles so far. I usually do a 25k circuit twice a week and a 45k curcuit once a week. My AVS has gradually moved from 25K to 31K over the 25K.
I want to know what would be the best kind of training for me over the next few week to perform at my best
Thanks in advance
Graham
at this late date, just keep what your doing now. next year to do it right, bike about 150-180 miles per week, 60% Zone 3, 30% Zone 4, and 10% Zone 5. Mix as many hills in as you can during your Zone 3 rides. For your swim just divide mileage by 12, and for run divide by 4.

If you know the course ride it a couple times before hand, this will help to know any obstacles/tight turns/etc... good luck in the race.

Thanks for the advice, It went really well 1hr12 min I was really pleased,

One thing i don't understand is the zone thing? what do they represent?

Graham