Trek 1500-Specialized Allez Elite-Giant OCR1

tbuc

Jun 27, 2004
I have narrowed my choices for a new road bike to the ones listed in the title. They seem comparable to me. Assuming they fit properly, I would like to hear some feedback on these.

Thanks

tbuc said:
I have narrowed my choices for a new road bike to the ones listed in the title. They seem comparable to me. Assuming they fit properly, I would like to hear some feedback on these.

Thanks
I can't say much except I love my Specialized Allez Elite. A bit too heavy on the back end, but for my money it's great.

tbuc said:

Thanks

Wait for the 05' Allez Elite! It will have the same lightweight SLX aluminum frame as last years Comp with only a slight price increase. IMO, the Giant has nice components, but is a little heavy. The Trek, well you know...........It won't make you Lance Armstrong!!!! Personally, I do not care for it, but it's only my opinion. It may be the sleeper in the group!!!!! or maybe not? Good luck!

Scuba Steve :D

I just got the 1500 3 weeks ago and love it so far. I had narrowed my choices down to the 1500 or the Allez Elite and decided that I liked the feel of the Trek better after the test ride. They're just coming out with their '05 models which upgrade to a carbon seat post and a 105 front derailer so you'd have another choice with the 1500 of closeout prices vs upgraded components. Have you taken any of the three out for test rides yet?