Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Trek 1500 VS Cannondale R500

Started by egjeep2003 · · Last activity · 7 posts · 2,767 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
24 September 2004
Last activity
19 November 2004
Original author
egjeep2003
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,767
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello all. I am a newbie when it comes to road biking. I have been mountain biking for years. But the older I get the more it hurts. I have started my research into a decent entry level road bike. I would like to know some opinions before I check out the local bike store that carries both bikes. Thanks.
    Brian

  2. egjeep2003 said:

    Hello all. I am a newbie when it comes to road biking. I have been mountain biking for years. But the older I get the more it hurts. I have started my research into a decent entry level road bike. I would like to know some opinions before I check out the local bike store that carries both bikes. Thanks.
    Brian


    I would also investigate the various Sequoia models (depending on your budget) from Specialized. I recently purchased the Sequoia Elite and love it.

  3. egjeep2003 said:

    Hello all. I am a newbie when it comes to road biking. I have been mountain biking for years. But the older I get the more it hurts. I have started my research into a decent entry level road bike. I would like to know some opinions before I check out the local bike store that carries both bikes. Thanks.
    Brian

    Trek 1500 is a fine bike. It surprises me after every ride I´ve had, and also after some racing. So much that my father is also going to buy one after he saw mine. (His actual ride is a Pinarello Galileo, but European bikes are too much expensive right now, and he is looking for a more recreational bike...but it does the job at racing!!)

    Don´t know about the R500 to help you.

  4. I have riden the Trek 1200 and just bought a new 1200 which should arrive any day now. It is the same bike as the 1500 with a few lesser components. I really liek the geometry for long rides and the shimano components that it comes with suite me very well.

  5. egjeep2003 said:

    Hello all. I am a newbie when it comes to road biking. I have been mountain biking for years. But the older I get the more it hurts. I have started my research into a decent entry level road bike. I would like to know some opinions before I check out the local bike store that carries both bikes. Thanks.
    Brian


    I bought a Trek 1500 last Spring and have been very happy with it. Only issue was getting used to the gears (only derailed once going uphill), but once I got past that, it has been a fun and comfortable ride.

  6. Is there any place to buy a Trek 1500 online? I have been looking and found nothing. I talked to a friend who rides a lot and he said to buy one online and have the lbs put it together and do the maintenance? Does this sound right? Thanks

  7. egjeep2003 said:

    Is there any place to buy a Trek 1500 online? I have been looking and found nothing. I talked to a friend who rides a lot and he said to buy one online and have the lbs put it together and do the maintenance? Does this sound right? Thanks

    Trek does not sell online.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.