Trek 2300 or Cannondale R1000 or other?

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Roger W) wrote:

> Also, does it take a while for the gears/chain to wear in?
> There were a few CLUNKS when changing gears. My other bike
> had a similar issues until I road it for a while. Or is
> this a needed adjustment to the read deraileur?

I think tht's what Cannondales do. My '89 SR criterium frame
with mavic equiment does that

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Dan Birchall) wrote:

> There was an SR*300* that year? Wow. My 1988 model (bought
> in late 1987 at the start of the model year) was an
> SR*500* and I don't think they had anything lower than it,
> that year. (I spent a whole summer's pay from McDonalds on
> that bike...)

I dunno I bought mine in 1989 (summer). Not sure if it was
an '88 or possibly an '89 in that case (i got confused as I
did buy a SM-300 in August '88)

Originally posted by Roger W
Picked up the C'dale R1000 today. I was only able to
take my short
10.5 mile loop.

Ride notes:

- I didn't do as well early on hills as I expected, but I
hadn't wamed up. The bike FLIES uphill, and is 5lbs
lighter... but the riding position is off enough that my
muscles needed to adjust.

- I was delayed by traffic(which is unusual for this ride)
which delayed me at least 20 seconds with a slow to stop.

- I still topped my time by 30 seconds.. and if it weren't
for traffic, it would have been by close to 1 minute.

I can't wait to take her on a longer ride, but I think I'll
have to tilt the seat forward a bit. The ride was too short
to really notice, but I can "tell" that it's a bit off.

Also, does it take a while for the gears/chain to wear in?
There were a few CLUNKS when changing gears. My other bike
had a similar issues until I road it for a while. Or is this
a needed adjustment to the read deraileur?

Excellent choice!! The gears do take a few miles to waer in, and the clunking should go away. The C'Dale 1000 has had good reviews as being an excellent climbing machine.

I have been happy with my CAAD5 frame, and will be riding it for years . . . it just floats beneath me, carrying me to miles of endless joy.