Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Trek Bike Frame number, etc

Started by Help · · Last activity · 6 posts · 2,390 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
16 August 2003
Last activity
17 August 2003
Original author
Help
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,390
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I need to find out my Trek 4300's frame number for insurance purposes. On the underside of the
    bottom bracket, I found 3 set of numbers of the following format: (Alphabet as shown below, with n
    denoting a numeric digit)

    nnnnUnnn (laid out horizontally)

    WTU nnnSnnnnX (laid out vertically on the left)

    TBI-nnnn GSnZnnnn (laid out vertically to the right)

    Which is the frame number? What are the other two numbers???

  2. It is also mentioned on the owners registritaion card.

    "help" <[email hidden]> schreef in bericht "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I need to find out my Trek 4300's frame number for insurance purposes. On the underside of the
    bottom bracket, I found 3 set of numbers of the following format: (Alphabet as shown below, with n
    denoting a numeric digit)

    nnnnUnnn (laid out horizontally)

    WTU nnnSnnnnX (laid out vertically on the left)

    TBI-nnnn GSnZnnnn (laid out vertically to the right)

    Which is the frame number? What are the other two numbers???

  3. Johoo said:

    It is also mentioned on the owners registritaion card.

    "help" <[email hidden]> schreef in bericht "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I need to find out my Trek 4300's frame number for insurance purposes. On the underside of the
    bottom bracket, I found 3 set of numbers of the following format: (Alphabet as shown below, with n
    denoting a numeric digit)

    nnnnUnnn (laid out horizontally)

    WTU nnnSnnnnX (laid out vertically on the left)

    TBI-nnnn GSnZnnnn (laid out vertically to the right)

    Which is the frame number? What are the other two numbers???

    I don't know which is the frame number, but I want to caution you about registration cards. I bought
    my bike out of town, and when I got home, I noticed that the card on which the serial number was
    printed didn't match the serial number on the bike. I called the store and they didn't seem too
    concerned, which leads me to believe that they might have this mix-up fairly regularly.

    My suggestion: use the number on the bike, not the card, and register with the bike number,
    if possible.

    -- monique

  4. It was just a solution for his "problem". When he checked his registrationcard he could see which
    number the serial is. Always check it with the number on the frame. You aren't the first and will
    not be the last with a wrong registrationcard/frame combination. However, you were right.

  5. I didn't get a Registration Card, only a Bicycle Owner's Manual, where on Page 1 entitled
    congratulations, I have the option to write down manually the bicycle name, frame number, etc.

    I did buy it from a reputable Trek dealer, however!

    Has he forgotten it or something? It's only a Trek 4300, not exactly the top of the range. On page 1
    of the manual it just says "Your bycicle's serial number is embossed on the underside of the bottom
    bracket shell, the deraileur hanger, or the disc brake mount"

    No clue which of those numbers are the frame number. In what format are the one for you guys?

    Anyway, I could register online at trekbike.co.ukproduct registration.php , couldn't I?

    "Johoo" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    It is also mentioned on the owners registritaion card.

    "help" <[email hidden]> schreef in bericht "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I need to find out my Trek 4300's frame number for insurance purposes. On the underside of the
    bottom bracket, I found 3 set of numbers of the following format: (Alphabet as shown below, with
    n denoting a numeric digit)

    nnnnUnnn (laid out horizontally)

    WTU nnnSnnnnX (laid out vertically on the left)

    TBI-nnnn GSnZnnnn (laid out vertically to the right)

    Which is the frame number? What are the other two numbers???


  6. help wrote:

    <snip>

    Quoted message said:


    No clue which of those numbers are the frame number. In what format are the one for you guys?

    <snip>

    I can't tell you what the frame number looks like (though I bet you could contact a Trek
    representative through this form and ask: trekbikes.comindex.jsp ),
    but I can tell you that the serial number on my fuel 90 is:

    WW####### (Two W's, 7 digits)

    It's also prefixed by S/N.

    So by process of elimination, anything that looks like that isn't it.

    -- monique

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.