Trials Bike

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by ThomasAAnderson, Apr 25, 2003.

  1. ThomasAAnderson

    ThomasAAnderson New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2003
    Could anybody recommend me a bike to start out in trials riding?

    Tags:

  2. Twisties

    Twisties New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2003
    i cant recomend a specific bike, but:

    u need:

    1. something that is light but you feel very comfortable on
    2. something with real good brakes(linear pull, disc brakes)
    3.something that fits you either very well, or, something that is slightly small.

    and

    you need to decide if you want a trials bike with gears or one gear.

    look around and post the spec of the bikes you have found. im sure someone will ber more help than me.

  3. roKeMS

    roKeMS New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2002
    I believe "Raceline" make a good entry level trials bike

    Other than that - Monty.

    Giant also have a funky lookinh trials bike too but I've got no pics.

  4. Twisties

    Twisties New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2003
  5. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    "ThomasAAnderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Could anybody recommend me a bike to start out in trials riding?

    Yeah, _any_ mountain bike will do for starting out. Better would be the smallest mtb you can find
    with excellent brakes and strong parts. Best would be a trials-specific bike such as the Raceline
    Rhino, a Monty, a Planet-X Zebdi, etc.

    Check out this comprehensive trials FAQ: http://www.trials-online.com/trials_faq.html

    Here's a good aussie site: http://www.austrials.com/

    HTH hippy