rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Trials Frame Design Help

Started by unicyclepa · · Last activity · 49 posts · 518 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
6 March 2007
Last activity
22 March 2007
Original author
unicyclepa
Posts
49
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
518
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–49 of 49
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. unicyclepa said:

    the crown is one peace. the lines show fillets. It will be machined out
    of a billet of aluminum
    ok?

    and the aluminum crown will be welded to what material? do you have a
    TIG weld machine? they cost A LOT...

    and I don`t think a machined crown would be compensatory in a large
    scale.

    don`t want to put this thing down... it`s just that design about
    solving problems. I`m showing you some problems here.

    --
    francisco

    ###UNICYLE FOR JAH RASTAFARI###

    BH PIRATA MONOCREW
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    francisco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11493
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58620

  2. I wonder what the final design, the concept or production form would
    look like?? 😕 😄 😄

    --
    Hazmat

    1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian destined to be different 😄
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58620

  3. francisco said:

    and the aluminum crown will be welded to what material? do you have a
    TIG weld machine? they cost A LOT...

    I think that if has the access to use a CNC machine for free, then I
    have a feeling that he might be able to use a TIG welder as well.

    --
    Blegas78

    Nothing is better than than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is
    better than nothing, therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal
    happiness.

    "Rock Out Loud Yo!" -kid from Paper Bag Over the Head advertisement
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blegas78's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5293
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58620


  4. Quoted message said:

    and the aluminum crown will be welded to what material? do you have a
    TIG weld machine? they cost A LOT...

    and I don`t think a machined crown would be compensatory in a large
    scale.

    don`t want to put this thing down... it`s just that design about
    solving problems. I`m showing you some problems here.

    I have access to a $70,000 cnc and used a 1,000ish $ program to design
    it. i know what I am doing, and know people that will weld it for
    almost nothing.

    The frame was never meant for large scale production. I was planing on
    building just 30-40 or enough to cover the material cost

    --
    unicyclepa

    www.unicyclepa.com
    we suck
    but its all good
    team YAMS member in your sig or title and say
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unicyclepa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9246
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58620

  5. roland said:

    Looks like you're going for something like the Pichler Solo - 'Here'
    (http://www.pichlerrad.de/de01.htm) but with a different bearing cap
    arrangement - one nice feature of the pichler crown is that it is
    machined so that there is a lip for the fork legs & seat tube to sit up
    against - this means that its easy to align the the fork legs so that
    the hub sits square in the bearings and also its harder for the legs to
    slip under load or if the bolts should come loose - I'll post some
    pictures of mine later if that helps
    Roland

    Cap the fork legs - against a lip machined into the crown - who'd have
    thought of that🙄 ... +1 to Mr Kurt Pichler -

    --
    roland
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    roland's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5937
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58620

  6. roland said:

    Cap the fork legs - against a lip machined into the crown - who'd have
    thought of that🙄 ... +1 to Mr Kurt Pichler -

    Well sorrrrry! Party pooper...:p

    --
    bedheadben
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    bedheadben's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14564
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58620

  7. Any luck with finding aluminum oval tubing? I would also like to get
    some.

    --
    Blegas78

    Nothing is better than than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is
    better than nothing, therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal
    happiness.

    "Rock Out Loud Yo!" -kid from Paper Bag Over the Head advertisement
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blegas78's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5293
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58620

  8. I have sent many e mails still with no reply

    --
    unicyclepa

    www.unicyclepa.com
    we suck
    but its all good
    team YAMS member in your sig or title and say
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unicyclepa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9246
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58620

  9. unicyclepa said:

    I have sent many e mails still with no reply

    Ok, be sure to let me know if you find anything. I emailed Kris but he
    only sources materials in Taiwan, so he has no clue about it in the US.

    --
    Blegas78

    Nothing is better than than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is
    better than nothing, therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal
    happiness.

    "Rock Out Loud Yo!" -kid from Paper Bag Over the Head advertisement
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blegas78's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5293
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/58620

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.