TV Cycling Footage on DVD

Rich

Guest
I have a new toy, it is a DVD recorder.

All my old TV recorded Tapes of the Tour de France + assorted other cycling related stuff ( from
1984 onwards) is now being edited onto DVD. I'm looking at tapes that have not seen the light of day
for years! (Classic stuff like Robert Millar winning the Mountain prize in 1984)). (Sean Yates
winning the time trial in 1988 (fastest ever TT at that time)).

There are a few gaps-I must have been out training when the programme started sometimes!

However, I have some other gaps.... Has anyone got the Nissan Tour of Ireland where Sean Kelly set
the (at that time) fastest average Time trial?

I'm not sure what year is was-198?. It was available for a while on video, but has long
been deleted.

Anyone interested in trading Cycling related DVD's, like music fans do? I can record to DVD+RW and
DVD+R only. The resulting DVDs play in 99% of DVD players though.

**BTW If anyone is thinking of getting a DVD recorder, Richer sounds do the Phillips DVDR 75 at
£220, which is cheaper than just about anywhere.

mail me

win.server.ntli.net...

Rich wrote:
> I have a new toy, it is a DVD recorder.
>
> All my old TV recorded Tapes of the Tour de France + assorted other cycling related stuff ( from
> 1984 onwards) is now being edited onto
> DVD.I'm looking at tapes that have not seen the light of day for years! (Classic stuff like Robert
> Millar winning the Mountain prize in
> 1984)). (Sean Yates winning the time trial in 1988 (fastest ever TT at that time)).
>
> There are a few gaps-I must have been out training when the programme started sometimes!
>
> However, I have some other gaps.... Has anyone got the Nissan Tour of Ireland where Sean Kelly set
> the (at that time) fastest average Time trial?
>
> I'm not sure what year is was-198?. It was available for a while on video, but has long been
> deleted.
>
> Anyone interested in trading Cycling related DVD's, like music fans do? I can record to DVD+RW and
> DVD+R only. The resulting DVDs play in 99% of DVD players though.
>

> **BTW If anyone is thinking of getting a DVD recorder, Richer sounds do the Phillips DVDR 75 at
> £220, which is cheaper than just about anywhere.

What hardware are you using to do the transfer ? Obviously a DVD writer, but I presume you have a
video capture card too. What spec machine is it ? I have lots of Channel 4 VHS footage from the late
80s, early 90s when the Tour was interesting after the time trials. Would be good to have this on
DVD.

--
The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely. http://www.mseries.freeserve.co.uk

Rich wrote:

> I have a new toy, it is a DVD recorder.
>
> All my old TV recorded Tapes of the Tour de France + assorted other cycling related stuff ( from
> 1984 onwards) is now being edited onto DVD. I'm looking at tapes that have not seen the light of
> day for years! (Classic stuff like Robert Millar winning the Mountain prize in 1984)). (Sean Yates
> winning the time trial in 1988 (fastest ever TT at that time)).
>
> There are a few gaps-I must have been out training when the programme started sometimes!
>
> However, I have some other gaps.... Has anyone got the Nissan Tour of Ireland where Sean Kelly set
> the (at that time) fastest average Time trial?
>
> I'm not sure what year is was-198?. It was available for a while on video, but has long been
> deleted.
>
> Anyone interested in trading Cycling related DVD's, like music fans do? I can record to DVD+RW and
> DVD+R only. The resulting DVDs play in 99% of DVD players though.
>

> **BTW If anyone is thinking of getting a DVD recorder, Richer sounds do the Phillips DVDR 75 at
> £220, which is cheaper than just about anywhere.

Philips DVD recorders are fantastic when they work, but they break lots. Keep the receipt. My
DVDR880 was swapped for a DVDR75 because the retailer had so many back for *repeat* repairs...

BTW, do you have Eros Poli winning the Ventoux stage? Best attack ever IMO, especially as he also
staged a long lone breakaway the previous day. He said he only attacked on the Ventoux stage because
he was so annoyed at being reined in after being out on his own for nearly all the previous day.

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
> Rich wrote:

> BTW, do you have Eros Poli winning the Ventoux stage? Best attack ever

That was an epic ride. I was at the top of Mt Ventoux that day. Great rider, always had time for a
photo and autograph