Two a.b spoke card sightings today...

craigster_jd

New Member
Jun 23, 2004
First at about 8:20 turning right from Park Street onto Moray in South Melbourne on a black hybrid.

Second on an MTB crossing Walmer Street from the Boulie at 17:45.

Are there any left? I'm riding the wife's Bad Boy at the moment and it would do its cred no end of good. If only the rider had some...

craigster_jd said:
Are there any left? I'm riding the wife's Bad Boy at the moment and it would do its cred no end of good. If only the rider had some...

A insiders tip:
North Street just by the corner of Clarke St in Burnley. Late Friday arvo. Go to door next to the roller door with a big GOAT head, enter and look for a mob of dodgy characters.

If not, email cfsmtbATgmailDOTcom & I'll post you one. :)

craigster_jd.23mk03 wrote:

> First at about 8:20 turning right from Park Street onto Moray in South
> Melbourne on a black hybrid.
>
> Second on an MTB crossing Walmer Street from the Boulie at 17:45.
>
> Are there any left? I'm riding the wife's Bad Boy at the moment and it
> would do its cred no end of good. If only the rider had some...

That Park St one could have been me... I make that turn daily about that
time on the way to work in Pt Melb. But I'm on a dark-green (looks
black) tourer with single pannier. Make sure you wave next time :)

BTW hope I wasn't taking one of my "off piste" lines around that corner!
Traffic can get pretty jammed up there in the mornings, and it brings
out the mischief in me...

--SC

craigster_jd said:
First at about 8:20 turning right from Park Street onto Moray in South Melbourne on a black hybrid.

Second on an MTB crossing Walmer Street from the Boulie at 17:45.

Are there any left? I'm riding the wife's Bad Boy at the moment and it would do its cred no end of good. If only the rider had some...

Snap! I think you got me at Walmer St... Where were you? Heading up Walmer St if my memory's functioning right? I'd just been overtaken by some guy on a luverly black/red Time who then looped back down the Boulie...

I think I might have spotted an a-b spoke card on a white On-One SS on Michael St, Nth Fitzroy about 7pm one night last week. Anyone here?

cfsmtb wrote:
> craigster_jd Wrote:
>
>>Are there any left? I'm riding the wife's Bad Boy at the moment and it
>>would do its cred no end of good. If only the rider had some...

> A insiders tip:
> North Street just by the corner of Clarke St in Burnley. Late Friday
> arvo. Go to door next to the roller door with a big GOAT head, enter
> and look for a mob of dodgy characters.
>
> If not, email cfsmtbATgmailDOTcom & I'll post you one. :)

I might just do that... my CM10 spoke card is getting a bit out of date ;-)

There's two ways you can get the a.b card. Either download the image from here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/cfsmtb/aceofspades3copy.gif

Re-size to suit yourself, photocopy twice (or put on your own backing) and laminate it.

Or I can mail it out to you. I'm doing a new batch next week with a slightly rejigged format and on quality card. So if you're prepared to wait a week or so, simply sent me your address and I'll post it out. PS: a SAE envelope would be a nice touch. :)

eddiec said:
Snap! I think you got me at Walmer St... Where were you? Heading up Walmer St if my memory's functioning right? I'd just been overtaken by some guy on a luverly black/red Time who then looped back down the Boulie...
I was coming up Walmer Street on a Bianchi wearing HCC/Mascot top, desparately trying to conserve energy for what turned out to be a very disappointing crit.
Good to see ya Eddie!

southerncyclist said:
That Park St one could have been me... I make that turn daily about that
time on the way to work in Pt Melb. But I'm on a dark-green (looks
black) tourer with single pannier. Make sure you wave next time :)

BTW hope I wasn't taking one of my "off piste" lines around that corner!
Traffic can get pretty jammed up there in the mornings, and it brings
out the mischief in me...

--SC

Yep - single pannier was definitely you. And don't worry, your right turn was exemplary! (It's a tricky junction from that direction)