Two bikes, two Powertaps?

Biker Joe

Nov 6, 2007
With two bikes is it easy to move the computer from bike to bike?
Is it simple for the computer to find and use a second set of cadence/speed sensors?

A buddy told me to buy a second computer to leave on the TT bike. Not sure this is necessary.

It's a very simple switch, about 2 seconds, as long as you have a wiring harness setup on the second bike. No need for another computer.

esammuli said:
It's a very simple switch, about 2 seconds, as long as you have a wiring harness setup on the second bike. No need for another computer.

Actually, I just got the PT Pro 2.4. So I was hoping I can order additional cadence and speed sensors and a stem mount without buying a second computer.

Thanks

Biker Joe said:
Actually, I just got the PT Pro 2.4. So I was hoping I can order additional cadence and speed sensors and a stem mount without buying a second computer.

Thanks
That'd be all you need.
Doesn't speed come from the hub anyway?

If you're using the PT hub then you might only want the cadence sensor as speed does indeed come from the hub. If you're using it on a TT bike with say a disc wheel you can get the cadence sensor and flip a switch which turns it into a wireless speed sensor.

Very nifty.

As for getting a 2nd head unit, save yourself the cash. It snaps in and out in the twinkling of an eye.