Two powertap SL2.4 CPUs on handlebar possible? For more info

PaulMD

Jul 26, 2006
Is it possible to use two powertap SL 2.4 CPUs on a handlebar? With one CPU you can only see three values.

For interval training is it usefull to view 'power / 6 seconds' on CPU1 and power / 40 seconds' on CPU2?

The only problem that I can see is the $$$$ involved. Heck why not go for 3 while you're at it;)

Hugh

PaulMD said:
Is it possible to use two powertap SL 2.4 CPUs on a handlebar? With one CPU you can only see three values.

For interval training is it usefull to view 'power / 6 seconds' on CPU1 and power / 40 seconds' on CPU2?

PaulMD said:

I just put my Polar 720 on the bar next to it and use the interval function for time only (without a heart rate strap). It also records altitude which the PT is not capable of. The difficulty is for intervals on the TT bike where there's no room so the watch has to be on my wrist. This time of year with long sleeves it sometimes gets covered by my cuff.

PaulMD said:

It should be possible. The CPU can learn the hub. If you have both CPUs learn the same hub, they should both receive the same data.

There is always enough space for one, two or three computers on a handlebar ;)
Especially when it is for a trainingride. The costs of a second CPU isn't skyhigh compared to the costs of one SL 2.4 hub.

But I think that more information visible about my average power output when riding a 20 minute L4 interval outdoors is a welcome addition.