Road Cycling · Public discussion

Tyler and the Vuelta

Started by TritonRider · · Last activity · 54 posts · 1,705 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
26 August 2004
Last activity
3 September 2004
Original author
TritonRider
Posts
54
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,705
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 54
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Wanna take bets now that Tyler stays upright and adds this one to his
    palmares?
    The "Man from Marblehead" wins by 2:40.
    Bill C

  2. In article <[email hidden]>, TritonRider

    Quoted message said:

    Wanna take bets now that Tyler stays upright and adds this one to his
    palmares?
    The "Man from Marblehead" wins by 2:40.
    Bill C

    I'd like to agree but crashing out of the Tour, resting for a week or
    two, and then being strong for an hour is much more likely than being
    strong for the better part of three weeks. I doubt that his training in
    the last month has been ideal preparation for the Vuelta. I hope he
    does it but I think it will be some Spanish guy who's been away from
    drug testing just long enough to do another course of EPO, etc.

    -WG

  3. Quoted message said:

    From: "hold my beer and watch this..." [email hidden]

    Quoted message said:

    What bet are you offering here? Its sounds the conditions that have to be
    met for you to win are as follows:

    1. Tyler doesn't crash

    2. Tyler wins.

    Is this what you're saying?

    Yeah Brian I'm saying that he wins by 2:40 (waffling or better).
    He may get in some adrenaline by a minor crash. I still think that the best
    thing for his long term career would be to come home and race a full NE/Mid
    Atlantic 'Cross season with Paul Curley and Myerson riding his ass.
    Bill C

  4. Quoted message said:

    From: "hold my beer and watch this..." [email hidden]

    Quoted message said:

    What the [censored], I'm trying to clarify where your coming from so that I can
    figure out if I wanna take your action or not, and you're being an [censored]
    about it.

    Maybe you should try a cross post to rec.gambling.chickbets

    OK Tyler stays upright and wins by 2:40
    No crashes.
    Simple and straight forward.
    Bill C

  5. Quoted message said:

    From: John Forrest Tomlinson [email hidden]

    Quoted message said:

    I don' t know if he's done enough reconnaissance for that race.

    JT

    I have real questions about that too, but I think that Tyler is so [censored], and
    motivated that the team will find a way to make it happen.
    Bill C

  6. I don' t know if he's done enough reconnaissance for that race.

    JT

    ****************************
    Remove "remove" to reply
    Visit http://www.jt10000.com
    ****************************

  7. Quoted message said:

    From: "hold my beer and watch this..." [email hidden]

    Quoted message said:

    I'll say he won't meet all of those conditions for $10.

    I might have to open a paypal account so that you can pay me.

    And I'll even give you 1 crash, so long as it does not result in a broken
    bone, stitches or a visit to the hospital after the stage.

    Your on I mailed a suggestion for avoiding the Pay Pal.
    Bill C

  8. What bet are you offering here? Its sounds the conditions that have to be
    met for you to win are as follows:

    1. Tyler doesn't crash

    2. Tyler wins.

    Is this what you're saying?

    "TritonRider" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Wanna take bets now that Tyler stays upright and adds this one to his
    palmares?
    The "Man from Marblehead" wins by 2:40.
    Bill C

  9. What the [censored], I'm trying to clarify where your coming from so that I can
    figure out if I wanna take your action or not, and you're being an [censored]
    about it.

    Maybe you should try a cross post to rec.gambling.chickbets

    "TritonRider" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    From: "hold my beer and watch this..." [email hidden]

    Quoted message said:

    What bet are you offering here? Its sounds the conditions that have to


    be

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    met for you to win are as follows:

    1. Tyler doesn't crash

    2. Tyler wins.

    Is this what you're saying?

    Yeah Brian I'm saying that he wins by 2:40 (waffling or better).
    He may get in some adrenaline by a minor crash. I still think that the


    best

    Quoted message said:

    thing for his long term career would be to come home and race a full


    NE/Mid

    Quoted message said:

    Atlantic 'Cross season with Paul Curley and Myerson riding his ass.
    Bill C

  10. I'll say he won't meet all of those conditions for $10.

    I might have to open a paypal account so that you can pay me.

    And I'll even give you 1 crash, so long as it does not result in a broken
    bone, stitches or a visit to the hospital after the stage.

    "TritonRider" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    From: "hold my beer and watch this..." [email hidden]

    Quoted message said:

    What the [censored], I'm trying to clarify where your coming from so that I can
    figure out if I wanna take your action or not, and you're being an


    [censored]

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    about it.

    Maybe you should try a cross post to rec.gambling.chickbets

    OK Tyler stays upright and wins by 2:40
    No crashes.
    Simple and straight forward.
    Bill C

  11. I wonder how Oscar Sevilla feels about Tyler racing the Vuelta?

    Previous Start List
    Phonak Hearing System
    111 - SEVILLA RIBERA Oscar (Sp)
    112 - GONZALEZ CAPILLA Santos (Sp)
    113 - GRABSCH Bert (G)
    114 - GUTIERREZ CATALUNA José Enrique (Sp)
    115 - JALABERT Nicolas (F)
    116 - PEREIRO SIO Oscar (Sp)
    117 - PEREZ FERNANDEZ Santiago (Sp)
    118 - USOV Alexandre (BLR)
    119 - VALJAVEC Tadej (Slo)
    - BAYARRI ESTEVE Gonzalo (Sp)
    - FERTONANI Marco (I)
    - HAMILTON Tyler (USA)
    - MURN Uros (SLO)
    - RAST Grégory (Swi)

  12. in article [email hidden], TritonRider at
    [email hidden] wrote on 8/25/04 7:25 PM:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    From: "hold my beer and watch this..." [email hidden]

    Quoted message said:

    What bet are you offering here? Its sounds the conditions that have to be
    met for you to win are as follows:

    1. Tyler doesn't crash

    2. Tyler wins.

    Is this what you're saying?

    Yeah Brian I'm saying that he wins by 2:40 (waffling or better).
    He may get in some adrenaline by a minor crash. I still think that the best
    thing for his long term career would be to come home and race a full NE/Mid
    Atlantic 'Cross season with Paul Curley and Myerson riding his ass.
    Bill C

    The Vuelta will defy any prediction, just like it always does.

    -Sonarrat.

  13. Sonarrat said:

    in article [email hidden], TritonRider at
    [email hidden] wrote on 8/25/04 7:25 PM:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    From: "hold my beer and watch this..." [email hidden]

    Quoted message said:

    What bet are you offering here? Its sounds the conditions that have to be
    met for you to win are as follows:

    1. Tyler doesn't crash

    2. Tyler wins.

    Is this what you're saying?

    Yeah Brian I'm saying that he wins by 2:40 (waffling or better).
    He may get in some adrenaline by a minor crash. I still think that the best
    thing for his long term career would be to come home and race a full NE/Mid
    Atlantic 'Cross season with Paul Curley and Myerson riding his ass.
    Bill C

    The Vuelta will defy any prediction, just like it always does.

    -Sonarrat.

    Well.... maybe. But the problem for Tyler might be Cunego.

    Young GT winners like that guy have a nasty tendency to becoming really really good. If he is anywhere near the Fignon/Ulrich class as many experts put him... Tyler might be looking at extremely stiff competition..

  14. "Sonarrat" <[email hidden]> a écrit dans le message de
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    in article [email hidden], TritonRider at
    [email hidden] wrote on 8/25/04 7:25 PM:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    From: "hold my beer and watch this..." [email hidden]

    Quoted message said:

    What bet are you offering here? Its sounds the conditions that have to


    be

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    met for you to win are as follows:

    1. Tyler doesn't crash

    2. Tyler wins.

    Is this what you're saying?

    Yeah Brian I'm saying that he wins by 2:40 (waffling or better).
    He may get in some adrenaline by a minor crash. I still think that the


    best

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    thing for his long term career would be to come home and race a full


    NE/Mid

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Atlantic 'Cross season with Paul Curley and Myerson riding his ass.
    Bill C

    The Vuelta will defy any prediction, just like it always does.

    -Sonarrat.


    Yeah, who would have ever predicted that Heras would win last year ?

  15. On 08/27/2004 01:54 AM, in article
    [email hidden], "Tuschinski"

    Quoted message said:
    Sonarrat said:

    in article [email hidden], TritonRider at
    [email hidden] wrote on 8/25/04 7:25 PM:

    Quoted message said:

    > From: "hold my beer and watch this..." [email hidden]

    > What bet are you offering here? Its sounds the conditions that have


    to be

    Quoted message said:

    > met for you to win are as follows:
    >
    > 1. Tyler doesn't crash
    >
    > 2. Tyler wins.
    >
    > Is this what you're saying?
    >
    >
    >

    Yeah Brian I'm saying that he wins by 2:40 (waffling or better).
    He may get in some adrenaline by a minor crash. I still think that


    the best

    Quoted message said:

    thing for his long term career would be to come home and race a full


    NE/Mid

    Quoted message said:

    Atlantic 'Cross season with Paul Curley and Myerson riding his ass.
    Bill C

    The Vuelta will defy any prediction, just like it always does.

    -Sonarrat.

    Well.... maybe. But the problem for Tyler might be Cunego.

    Young GT winners like that guy have a nasty tendency to becoming really
    really good. If he is anywhere near the Fignon/Ulrich class as many
    experts put him... Tyler might be looking at extremely stiff
    competition..

    Young GT winners like that guy also have a nasty tendency to become really
    lazy, cf. Evgeni Berzin (and some would say Jan Ullrich).

    --
    Steven L. Sheffield
    stevens at veloworks dot com
    veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net
    bellum pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est
    ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea eye tee why you ti ay aitch
    aitch tee tea pea colon [for word] slash [four ward] slash double-you
    double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

  16. "hold my beer and watch this..." <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Young GT winners like that guy also have a nasty tendency to become


    really

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    lazy, cf. Evgeni Berzin

    Yeah, but Berzin's brand of laziness was characteristic of many former
    soviet riders of his era (Tchmil and Ekimov being notable exceptions).

    According to Kunich, Ekimiv was lazy.

    Quoted message said:

    Speaking of lazy former Soviet riders, what ever happened to Konishev?


    The

    Quoted message said:

    last I heard, him and a couple of other guys were arrested for slapping
    around a [censored] while on a drunk in Italy.

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=road/2004/aug04/coppabernocchi04

    Papai mentioned it last week.

  17. "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    On 08/27/2004 01:54 AM, in article
    [email hidden], "Tuschinski"

    Quoted message said:
    Sonarrat said:

    in article [email hidden], TritonRider at
    [email hidden] wrote on 8/25/04 7:25 PM:

    >> From: "hold my beer and watch this..." [email hidden]

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> What bet are you offering here? Its sounds the conditions that have


    to be

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> met for you to win are as follows:
    >>
    >> 1. Tyler doesn't crash
    >>
    >> 2. Tyler wins.
    >>
    >> Is this what you're saying?
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >
    > Yeah Brian I'm saying that he wins by 2:40 (waffling or better).
    > He may get in some adrenaline by a minor crash. I still think that


    the best

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > thing for his long term career would be to come home and race a full


    NE/Mid

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Atlantic 'Cross season with Paul Curley and Myerson riding his ass.
    > Bill C

    The Vuelta will defy any prediction, just like it always does.

    -Sonarrat.

    Well.... maybe. But the problem for Tyler might be Cunego.

    Young GT winners like that guy have a nasty tendency to becoming really
    really good. If he is anywhere near the Fignon/Ulrich class as many
    experts put him... Tyler might be looking at extremely stiff
    competition..

    Young GT winners like that guy also have a nasty tendency to become really
    lazy, cf. Evgeni Berzin (and some would say Jan Ullrich).

    Did Berzin get lazy or did someone develope an EPO test?

  18. "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    On 08/27/2004 01:54 AM, in article
    [email hidden], "Tuschinski"

    Quoted message said:
    Sonarrat said:

    in article [email hidden], TritonRider at
    [email hidden] wrote on 8/25/04 7:25 PM:

    >> From: "hold my beer and watch this..." [email hidden]

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> What bet are you offering here? Its sounds the conditions that have


    to be

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> met for you to win are as follows:
    >>
    >> 1. Tyler doesn't crash
    >>
    >> 2. Tyler wins.
    >>
    >> Is this what you're saying?
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >
    > Yeah Brian I'm saying that he wins by 2:40 (waffling or better).
    > He may get in some adrenaline by a minor crash. I still think that


    the best

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > thing for his long term career would be to come home and race a full


    NE/Mid

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Atlantic 'Cross season with Paul Curley and Myerson riding his ass.
    > Bill C

    The Vuelta will defy any prediction, just like it always does.

    -Sonarrat.

    Well.... maybe. But the problem for Tyler might be Cunego.

    Young GT winners like that guy have a nasty tendency to becoming really
    really good. If he is anywhere near the Fignon/Ulrich class as many
    experts put him... Tyler might be looking at extremely stiff
    competition..

    Young GT winners like that guy also have a nasty tendency to become really
    lazy, cf. Evgeni Berzin (and some would say Jan Ullrich).

    Did Berzin get lazy or did someone develope an EPO test?

  19. Bill said:

    Did Berzin get lazy or did someone develope an EPO test?

    Didn't stop anyone else.

    A rare side effect of some kinds of EPO is that they start to make
    antibodies to EPO. I wonder if any retirements were necessitated.

  20. "Bill" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    Did Berzin get lazy or did someone develope an EPO test?

    Both.

    Actually, I think it was more like Berzin started out lazy.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.