On 2007-12-30, JohnJohn (aka Bruce) was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
Quoted message said:
Zebee Johnstone said:
In aus.bicycle on Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:44:49 +1100 Bob C
patnbob@unwired said:
What is the favoured liner material to make a temporary repair of a blown out sidewall?
I believe the canonical material is a $5 note.
Or a Powerbar wrapper, though that does leave you the problem of what to do with the Powerbar.
You're not going to like this suggestion, but you could eat it.
I would probably just throw it out for the birds to eat 🙂
-- TimC "I have /usr/sbin/coffee mounted from /dev/mug right now, and you can't have it. Oh no, I just tried to seek past end-of-beverage. *sigh*" -- Graham Reed
Or a Powerbar wrapper, though that does leave you the problem of what to do with the Powerbar.
1. Contemplate how they compressed so much dogsh*t into such a small volume, or 2. Marvel at our continued willingness to let marketing triumph over nutrition.
The durability of their wrappers is by any measure extraordinary and poses much less risk to our legal tender.
On 2007-12-31, Andrew Price (aka Bruce) was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
Quoted message said:
JohnJohn posed the query:
Quoted message said:
Or a Powerbar wrapper, though that does leave you the problem of what to do with the Powerbar.
1. Contemplate how they compressed so much dogsh*t into such a small volume, or 2. Marvel at our continued willingness to let marketing triumph over nutrition.
The durability of their wrappers is by any measure extraordinary and poses much less risk to our legal tender.
I don't know. You can reuse the legal tender if you keep both halfs when it explodes. You forever lost that $10 on the powerbar though. No one's going to buy it off you when you finish with it.
-- TimC "And Rob convinced me to learn perl. But now that I'm sober, I'm having second thoughts." -- Alan J Rosenthal
Problem with patches is they stretch, so if the cut has damaged the ply threads in the tyre the patch stretches and will make a nice bubble in the tyre.
And how does random grass do better in this respect? What if there are no leafy greens of the required size in the area you're biking in?
I think the post about dried grass was very much TIC. A $5 bank note is as light weight as a patch, very resistent to stretching, doesn't rely on glue, and is frequently always available in your, or your mate's, wallet.