UCI Tests in Beijing

adamastor

Jun 3, 2007
By L'Equipe today:

UCI has decided to do their own testing today, and chose 43 riders out of 11 nations (blood testing):

Germany
Australia
Austria
Colombia
Spain
Italy
Luxembourg
Poland
Portugal
Russia
Switzerland

Cool, this might be the end for the 2 Portuguese bananas from Liberty Seguros, harhar...

adamastor said:
By L'Equipe today:

UCI has decided to do their own testing today, and chose 43 riders out of 11 nations (blood testing):

Germany
Australia
Austria
Colombia
Spain
Italy
Luxembourg
Poland
Portugal
Russia
Switzerland

Cool, this might be the end for t

he 2 Portuguese bananas from Liberty Seguros, harhar...

hence the Contador DNF ?

whiteboytrash said:
hence the Contador DNF ?
LOL... he is somewhere in Beijing now, no really, checking out the sites... he did not mean to miss the meeting with the vampires... LOL.

Powerful Pete said:
LOL... he is somewhere in Beijing now, no really, checking out the sites... he did not mean to miss the meeting with the vampires... LOL.

85% at the Giro he should be firing now ready for the Vuelta........

whiteboytrash said:
hence the Contador DNF ?
Contador's aim has always been the ITT.

I read that he just arrived in Beijing on Friday. So, obviously, would not have the prep needed or acclimation to be a RR contender. He was a domestique for Spain.

Notice a lot of the guys who were playing domestique and also may be racing the ITT did not kill themselves or finish.

whiteboytrash said:
hence the Contador DNF ?
Sorry, didn't get this one...he was tested before the race, the result will show something or nothing. The fact he finished or not doesn't change anything to it, or does it?

My comment not very important, WBT, but yours doesn't make sense either:D.

hawkeye87 said:
Contador's aim has always been the ITT.
I doubt... it's not a GT. Riders would have not wasted energy in mountain stages and many other stages.
The odds of winning are very small against riders like Cancellara, Millar or Schumacher.

poulidor said:
I doubt... it's not a GT. Riders would have not wasted energy in mountain stages and many other stages.
The odds of winning are very small against riders like Cancellara, Millar or Schumacher.
Concerning Schumacher wouldn't be so sure. I watched the ORR on German TV last Saturday, and Holzcer/Schumacher confirmed he gave up, because he couldn't breathe properly, and he really suffered with high humidity levels. If true, I doubt he'll give a good performance on Wednesday.

McQuaid said today that Spanish parents buy their kids dope !!

"I'm aware of parents of junior cyclists who have purchased doping products for their sons. It's a shocking thing to say" he said.

whiteboytrash said:
McQuaid said today that Spanish parents buy their kids dope !!

"I'm aware of parents of junior cyclists who have purchased doping products for their sons. It's a shocking thing to say" he said.
Not just Spain, everywhere.

earth_dweller said:
Not just Spain, everywhere.
McQuaid is mad. In one breath he says Spain are all dope heads but then he'll say Contador is clean. He's Spanish !!
_____
International Cycling Union (UCI) chief Pat McQuaid is treating comments by Spanish officials with "skepticism", after the European nation spoke sternly about convicting those involved with doping practices. The angry and annoyed Irishman cited the nation's history with doping to support his comments, before calling on World Anti-Doping Agency chief John Fahey to stand by cycling's tough stance on doping, rather than criticise the fraternity.

"I'm disgusted and annoyed that a Spanish cyclist has been the first athlete to be found positive of doping at the Olympic Games," McQuaid told The Associated Press. "I'm very angry that it is cycling that is in the headlines of the world's media, despite all of the crackdowns we have been doing."

whiteboytrash said:
McQuaid is mad. In one breath he says Spain are all dope heads but then he'll say Contador is clean. He's Spanish !!
_____
International Cycling Union (UCI) chief Pat McQuaid is treating comments by Spanish officials with "skepticism", after the European nation spoke sternly about convicting those involved with doping practices. The angry and annoyed Irishman cited the nation's history with doping to support his comments, before calling on World Anti-Doping Agency chief John Fahey to stand by cycling's tough stance on doping, rather than criticise the fraternity.

"I'm disgusted and annoyed that a Spanish cyclist has been the first athlete to be found positive of doping at the Olympic Games," McQuaid told The Associated Press. "I'm very angry that it is cycling that is in the headlines of the world's media, despite all of the crackdowns we have been doing."

Difficult position even so i'm not sure that defending Contador at all costs is the way to go as his past is very dodgy. Spain has a big problem with drugs full stop not just PED's. Almost no rules and no morals.