UK part of 1994 TDF route

Mark

Guest
Hi

Does anyone here know the exact route the UK stages of the1994 TDF took? I'm particularly interested
in any bits around Winchester.

Cheers!

Mark

Mark <[email protected]> wrote:

> Does anyone here know the exact route the UK stages of the1994 TDF took? I'm particularly
> interested in any bits around Winchester.
http://www.google.com/ "Tour de France" 1994 UK - 3330 hits.

The tar archive referred to at http://www.hep.phys.soton.ac.uk/tdf/ is probably what you're
after. It contains a fairly detailed description of the route of stage 5 (the one which started
in Southsea)

Simon
--
Simon Ward, Accent Optical Technologies (UK) Ltd., York, YO31 8SD, UK "Perl is the ideal tool for
the inspired slacker who'd rather sing and dance than spend longer than they need to at work ..."

"Simon Ward" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Mark <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone here know the exact route the UK stages of the1994 TDF took?
I'm
> > particularly interested in any bits around Winchester.
> http://www.google.com/ "Tour de France" 1994 UK - 3330 hits.

I googled for a while but somehow missed that soton.ac.uk link.

> The tar archive referred to at http://www.hep.phys.soton.ac.uk/tdf/ is probably what you're after.
> It contains a fairly detailed description of
the
> route of stage 5 (the one which started in Southsea)

Excellent, thanks.

Cheers,

Mark

On 16 Jan 2003 11:02:44 GMT, Simon Ward <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mark <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone here know the exact route the UK stages of the1994 TDF took? I'm particularly
>> interested in any bits around Winchester.
> http://www.google.com/ "Tour de France" 1994 UK - 3330 hits.
>
> The tar archive referred to at http://www.hep.phys.soton.ac.uk/tdf/ is probably what you're
> after. It contains a fairly detailed description of the route of stage 5 (the one which started
> in Southsea)

Go to Southsea and follow the route of all the new(er) tarmac.

Gareth

Gareth Attrill <[email protected]> wrote:

[snip]
> Go to Southsea and follow the route of all the new(er) tarmac.
You might get a false positive. If the council in Southsea is anything like York City Council,
there'll be new tarmac being laid and potholes being filled everywhere in order to a) spend the
remaining dosh in the council tax coffers and b) justify the rise they're going to spring on you
next (financial) year ...

Simon