Ullrich out of the TdF!

Vo2

Aug 11, 2001
Just in from cyclingnews.com:

Ullrich renounces the Tour
Jan Ullrich will not race in this year's Tour de France, according to German newspaper Bild. The winner of the 1997 Tour cited his knee injury, which has kept him out of competition for most of the year. Ullrich had a similar problem in 1999, although that came later in the season after he crashed in the Tour of Germany in June. In every other year that he has raced the Tour (1996, 1998, 2000, 2001) he has finished second.

Telekom team management has confirmed that Ullrich will not race in the Tour. "There doesn't seem to be much competition for Armstrong now," said Telekom manager Walter Goodefroot in an interview with Darren Tulett of Bloomberg News. "He is unquestionably the strongest."

Ullrich had his driving licence confiscated last week by German police after being reported for driving his Porsche into a bike stand and knocking over several bicycles. His blood alcohol level was reported to be 1.4 mg/L at the time.

So where can I put bets on cycling races, Armstrong to win! :)

There is a greater chance of seeing Osama Bin Laden on "Through the Keyhole" than seeing anyone other than Lance Armstrong winning the 2002 TDF a one horse race!

OK, we all know now that LA will win the TdF, but lets discuss the second and third placed riders. Who do you guys think will fill JU's shoes? Simon? Beloki? Sevilla? Kevilev? or who?

I've booked a 8 day trip to France to watch some of the Tour and I find out Jan is not riding. I'm a HUGE Ullrich fan and when I finally get to see him I find out he's not racing. Grrrrrrr.

On the positive side I'm riding stage 17 (Aime to Cluses). How cool is that? Gonna break me but it's gonna be good!

Second place? Hmmmmm I reckon Sevilla is in with a shout as long as he gets some balls and improves his TT skills. Simoni I reckon is all hot air.

I reckon it's:
1. Legstrong
2. Beloki
3. Sevilla

What say ye?

What ya mean you riding Stage 17? With the peleton? You lucky SOB! (son of a bicyclist!)

I'd stay with the peleton! For the first 200m anyway....

Nah it's the 2002 Etap du Tour - us hackers do Stage 17 3 days before the pros. Pretty cool though - there are feeding station, Mavic back up vehicles etc.

The weird part is they say it's HUGE - 7000 riders.....the promoters have obviously never been to Cape Town in March....

I'd stay with the peleton! For the first 200m anyway....

Nah it's the 2002 Etap du Tour - us hackers do Stage 17 3 days before the pros. Pretty cool though - there are feeding station, Mavic back up vehicles etc.

The weird part is they say it's HUGE - 7000 riders.....the promoters have obviously never been to Cape Town in March....

You do realise we expect to see some photos.....don't you? ;D

Consider the digital camera packed! It's going to be a fine holiday - the best part is that I finish work in the UK mid July, follow THEE tour for 10 days then head back to SA permanently!

Can't wait to ride round harties (Haartebeespoort dam in south africa frequented by cyclists - for the international readers!) with my old friends in a short sleeve shirt and shorts - riding trussed up like the michelin man sucks! Today the weather is cold, wet and windy as hell in northwest UK.....

yeah no ulrich ummmm :mad: :mad: :mad: ah well we all now he would only come second though ;) he just cant match armstrong when he attacks. this is my prediction

Lance Armstrong
Joseba Boloci
Christoph Moreuo

Ohhhh the memories...... drinking driving.... what a naughty boy.....

Guest said:
yeah no ulrich ummmm :mad: :mad: :mad: ah well we all now he would only come second though ;) he just cant match armstrong when he attacks. this is my prediction

Lance Armstrong
Joseba Boloci
Christoph Moreuo

whiteboytrash said:
Ohhhh the memories...... drinking driving.... what a naughty boy.....

Was this dredge from 3 years ago really necessary? Ullrich's current problems are reason enough to pity the poor guy.