Ullrich to Discovery?

DiabloScott said:
You know, for someone who rags on American English speakers as much as you do, your posts are some of the most poorly written in this forum. Continue ragging if you want, doesn't bother me, but I felt compelled to point out the hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy? From WBT??? NEVER!

cyclingheroes said:
We'll see
Didn't Einstein say something like that to Oppenheimer....? Or was it... Go For it ! :D

Anyway, words to live by.

Cheers,

lw

lwedge said:
Didn't Einstein say something like that to Oppenheimer....? Or was it... Go For it ! :D

Anyway, words to live by.

Cheers,

lw

I believe he said " You did what"????

jhuskey said:
Did he?

Anyway at this moment no team would admit it if they were negotiating with Jan or Ivan. So i think it's not really intresting. You might remember the Milram pressrelease that they were not negotiating with Jan, it was true, the talks had already stopped.

cyclingheroes said:
Did he?

Anyway at this moment no team would admit it if they were negotiating with Jan or Ivan. So i think it's not really intresting. You might remember the Milram pressrelease that they were not negotiating with Jan, it was true, the talks had already stopped.

The next three weeks should be critical. If nothing happens by then, as far as future racing plans,then probably nothing will.
As you say,we will see.

jhuskey said:

(Thead bender alert!)

Another saying from those two.... "Oppy....Press the gawd dam button !"

(followed by )

"WOW! .... Next time, I'm going to wear sunglasses.... really dark sunglasses!"

(End: Thread bender alert!)

On topic.

JH , wasn't there some talk about Ull's starting his own team with the help of a US sponsor ?

lw

jhuskey said:
The next three weeks should be critical. If nothing happens by then, as far as future racing plans,then probably nothing will.
As you say,we will see.
I think that if Jan will race again there is already a deal. The question is when will it be announced. The Pro-Tour teams are devided about Puerto: Marc Madiot (FD Jeux) is complaining about teams talking with Jan and/or Ivan and Theo De Rooij (Rabobank) said in an interview with Dutch daily newspaper that they (the Pro-Tour teams) had gone to far on June 30...

cyclingheroes said:
I think that if Jan will race again there is already a deal. The question is when will it be announced. The Pro-Tour teams are devided about Puerto: Marc Madiot (FD Jeux) is complaining about teams talking with Jan and/or Ivan and Theo De Rooij (Rabobank) said in an interview with Dutch daily newspaper that they (the Pro-Tour teams) had gone to far on June 30...

My contact in Europe tells me that Gerolsteiner have made soundings to Jan's management about a possible linkup.
According to my source, if JU does return to cycling, he favours a team with
other German/Swiss riders.
Given that Bolts and JU were on relatively good terms - this could be a runner.

Although given what he's been through - I could fully understand JU not wishing to return.

cyclingheroes said:
Anyway at this moment no team would admit it if they were negotiating with Jan or Ivan. So i think it's not really intresting.
Agreed! That's why your "We'll see" answer was on the spot...

lw

limerickman said:
My contact in Europe tells me that Gerolsteiner have made soundings to Jan's management about a possible linkup.
According to my source, if JU does return to cycling, he favours a team with
other German/Swiss riders.
Given that Bolts and JU were on relatively good terms - this could be a runner.

Although given what he's been through - I could fully understand JU not wishing to return.
I can't imagine Jan will join Gerolsteiner after what happened, my pick is Astana (Godefroot says a lot he can't remember a week later..), Unibet or his own team (with some.... Astana riders in it....)

I think Bruyneel is going after Basso again. That's why he wants to show his commitment and say he is not signing JU publicly.

lwedge said:
(Thead bender alert!)

Another saying from those two.... "Oppy....Press the gawd dam button !"

(followed by )

"WOW! .... Next time, I'm going to wear sunglasses.... really dark sunglasses!"

(End: Thread bender alert!)

On topic.

JH , wasn't there some talk about Ull's starting his own team with the help of a US sponsor ?

lw

He mentioned that he was looking into the option of starting his own team. I never heard if he had a potential sponsor.
To clarify what I posted earlier,I believe we will hear something in the next three weeks if Jan is signing or has signed with a team, otherwise IMO he will throw in the towel or bibs.

This first thing about Basso and Jan that comes to my mind is blood samples that were found at Fuentes' lab. I understand they don't have to provide their DNA for the investigation but it won't stop from questioning about thier actual involvement in OP. Their image won't be the same (Basso-great constantly improving champion, Jan-biggest threat of LA) and it will be painful to watch the best riders full of dirt. I would even prefer unilateral decisions by ASO to prevent them riding at TDF if they won't submit their DNA to investigation.

Unfortunately, having riders in the peloton that (rightly or wrongly!) are accused or under suspicion of having doped is no longer a surprise.

My latest Jan news is that ,yes he would like to organize his own team and he has gained about 20lbs but is still amazingly fast and can't really move forward on anything until the smoke clears.

jhuskey said:
My latest Jan news is that ,yes he would like to organize his own team and he has gained about 20lbs but is still amazingly fast and can't really move forward on anything until the smoke clears.
Just turned on computer and found your post! Good news if he can pull it off - my mind is racing on who and what could be involved - but I guess when they can they will announce - I would imagine not a pro team but get a wild card into the big tours?

foxvi said:
Just turned on computer and found your post! Good news if he can pull it off - my mind is racing on who and what could be involved - but I guess when they can they will announce - I would imagine not a pro team but get a wild card into the big tours?

He also said it is not just to race another year but because he loves the sport.
As far as I know everything is still up in the air until everything is cleared up.
Possible sponsors will not commit to an uncetainty.
I am sure that there is much that we do not know about what is going on with some of the teams such as Astana.
I have some wild theories but will wait and see.

jhuskey said:
He also said it is not just to race another year but because he loves the sport.
As far as I know everything is still up in the air until everything is cleared up.
Possible sponsors will not commit to an uncetainty.
I am sure that there is much that we do not know about what is going on with some of the teams such as Astana.
I have some wild theories but will wait and see.
Well thanks for the info and glad to hear he still loves the sport considering what he has been through the last four months. I am off to watch the football now .... England v Croatia.

And also he has alot still to offer the sport and as many sportsmen say 'you are a long time retired'.