UK and Europe · Public discussion

Ultegra 9 speed freehub

Started by Phil · · Last activity · 3 posts · 482 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
25 April 2004
Last activity
25 April 2004
Original author
Phil
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
482
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi

    I was out on my Sunday ride today and my Ultegra freehub
    siezed so badly that my mates wife had to drive out with a
    replacement wheel. Very embarrasing and spoilt a great ride.

    Looks like I will need a new freehub, does anybody have one
    they want to sell or suggest where I can get one, or an
    alternative for a reasonable price. A quick look at the
    online stores suggests a price of around £30!

    Other than that it was a great day for a ride, you have to
    enjoy these days cause they don't happen very often.

  2. Phil said:

    I was out on my Sunday ride today and my Ultegra freehub
    siezed so badly that my mates wife had to drive out with a
    replacement wheel.

    Did your hub just sieze up without any sort of prior
    indication?

  3. Simonb said:
    Phil said:

    I was out on my Sunday ride today and my Ultegra freehub
    siezed so badly that my mates wife had to drive out with
    a replacement wheel.

    Did your hub just sieze up without any sort of prior
    indication?


    Well, it's been sounding a little bit rough for a while so I
    have been putting some grease on it. As I descended a hill
    it siezed & managed to rip the locking nut off the skewer so
    there was nothing to hold the wheel in place. I haven't had
    a good look yet as I have to retrieve it but it seemed to be
    the freehub that was the problem.

    Phil

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.