rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Uni Joust Shields and Poles

Started by Ducttape · · Last activity · 9 posts · 324 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
14 May 2006
Last activity
14 May 2006
Original author
Ducttape
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
324
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Any one have advice for making Shields and Poles cheap but still be
    "safe" for jousting?

    --
    Ducttape

    *\"YOU'VE LOST A WHEEL!\" \"Don't be daft, where would I put a second
    wheel?\"*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ducttape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12006
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49423

  2. take broomstick handel, cut a slit in a tennis ball, put the ball on one
    end. Or, use a swimming nooodle with a stick in it to keep it straight.
    sheild, you can just use a trash can lid.

    --
    Jerrick

    ~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more, so leave
    me alone about it!~*~

    '*!Gallery!*' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
    'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/jpkoz) ' and HERE!'
    (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jerrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11632
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49423

  3. the most perfect is to take the pool noodle broom stick way.
    this is sorta what it should look like, the pool noodle wrapped around
    the stick but with about a foot at the end with only pool noodle, and a
    foot at the other end with just stick so that its easy to hold.

    Code:
    --------------------
    |______________________|
    |=========================== |
    |----------------------|
    --------------------

    --
    ntappin
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ntappin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10800
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49423

  4. Is it not traditional to use a dustbin lid for the shield? This is
    serious stuff, you just cannot take things upon yourself to be
    different. Some things are sacred, and not to be messed with.
    Jousting without a bin lid on your arm would be as irreverent as
    unicycling with two wheels on the ground.

    Nao

    --
    Naomi

    I am not renowned for my political correctness. I apologise profusely
    if I have, as yet, said absolutely nothing to offend you. An oversight
    I shall no doubt deal with at the first opportunity.

    Every breath you take, every move you make... contributes towards
    global warming.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Naomi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3322
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49423

  5. so what your saying is be 100% unique

    --
    jake_amos

    edsbelly said:

    I Would say that your the best unicyclist i know with the exception of
    every other unicyclist i know

    i am the eggman
    [email hidden] add me
    -666-UNICYCLE FOR THE ANTI-CHRIST-666-
    www.jakespants.blogsot.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    jake_amos's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11587
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49423

  6. jake_amos said:

    so what your saying is be 100% unique

    What I am saying is that if I don't find something safer than a wooden
    dowel with a tennis ball on the end and a dustbin lid my parents won't
    let me joust.

    --
    Ducttape

    *\"YOU'VE LOST A WHEEL!\" \"Don't be daft, where would I put a second
    wheel?\"*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ducttape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12006
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49423

  7. I made the pool noodle/broomstick combo the other day. Me and a friend
    could hit each other with one pretty much as hard as we could and you
    couldn't feel a thing. If that's not good enough for your parents, I
    don't know what would be.

    Uni jousting is very fun.

    --
    flyer
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    flyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9894
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49423

  8. I have to try it some day

    --
    dan de man

    Jethro said:

    Welcome to Hotel Unifornia. You can check out, but you can never leave.

    Help yourself to anything in the fridge.

    And please don't feed the clowns.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49423

  9. i used old plastic bin lids and broom sticks with a plastic bag filled
    with crumpled up newspaper

    --
    skianduniaddict

    number1 under 15 skiier in the united states
    ski sugarloaf uni bradbury
    my cat bob ate four kids😉
    i regret the day i threw a snowball at randy johnson
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    skianduniaddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11868
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/49423

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.